#16 skunkhome OFFLINE  

skunkhome

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8044
  • 322 Thanks
  • 455 posts

Posted September 05, 2014 - 09:09 PM

What world do you live in where it is hard to find accessories for a Simplicity 7117? There is about 40 years of accessories that will fit it. The type of machine is not determined by the serial number. What are the numbers you find on the builders tag for the tractor? Your tractor should be one of 4 different models
1690479, 1690480, 1690571 or 1690572 . Your builders label may just list the last three digits of the model number followed by the serial number.
http://www.simplicit...0_LT_SMA_LO.pdf

Edited by skunkhome, September 05, 2014 - 09:26 PM.

• Rock farmer said thank you

#17 brokenflutes OFFLINE  

brokenflutes
  • Member No: 61057
  • 22 Thanks
  • 17 posts

Posted September 06, 2014 - 06:28 AM

Joe the part number on the tractor is 1690157.  This keeps referring me to the 9000 ARK system but the number is on the tractor.  The tractor has a hitch but I don't think it is a sleeve hitch.  Bought the tractor for the tiller and wanted to get a loader but no luck finding one.  So I think that a pull behind tiller for my Suburban might work better for me.  Over all the Simplicity looks great and was stored for years in the barn.  Today I am replacing the ignition switch, solenoid, coil, carburetor, points and fuel pump.  Will find out if the engine runs.  Don't even know what the 7117 is worth till I find out how good it runs.  Compression was great when tested,  Have not heard from many Simplicity guys.

#18 Rock farmer ONLINE  

Rock farmer
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 10759
  • 1,119 Thanks
  • 1,177 posts

Posted September 06, 2014 - 07:55 AM

Well, it seems Simplicity made two different model 7117 tractors.
Yours is a 7100 series. It's based on the sovereign tractor that they made for many years.
The other " Loader" model, is a 4140. A really large tractor. It used a 900 Ark loader.

I have four simplicity tractors. But I have the Briggs engines. I think the Kohler is the better choice!
I hope it goes well for You today!

Joe

#19 brokenflutes OFFLINE  

brokenflutes
  • Member No: 61057
  • 22 Thanks
  • 17 posts

Posted September 06, 2014 - 04:38 PM

Well put in the new ignition and solenoid added the rebuilt carb and a new fuel pump.  Broke a wire off the voltage regulator and it will not start.  No power across the solenoid.  Since the tractor is new to me maybe there is a safety switch besides the neutral safety switch.  Well I am done for the day it's time for research.  By the way guys someone asked what world I live in,  Alpine, Tennessee, population 72.  Nothing but old mountains and old stills up here.

• KennyP said thank you

#20 skunkhome OFFLINE  

skunkhome

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 322 Thanks
  • 455 posts

Posted September 06, 2014 - 07:54 PM

Well I don't know where on the tractor you are getting that number as there appears to be no loader subframe, but that number is not a valid 7100 series number. That is a number that would have been built concurrent with the 7000 series tractors. All indications, it relates to FELs offered during the early 70's designed to fit to the Powermax tractor series (sub-compact tractors) The 7117, a late model large frame, was basically an all purpose garden tractor sold alone. All attachments, including deck, were extra cost options. Only model differences were that you could get with turf or agri tires. There were no designated loader models. If you get her running the rear mounted tiller prepares one of the prettiest seedbeds you would ever want.

As for the FEL, I have not seen anything factory built to fit the 7100 series. I have seen one loader on an AC 900 series or Simplicity 7100 that the owner converted from, I believe, an ARK 500, modifying the subframe to fit.

Edited by skunkhome, September 06, 2014 - 08:42 PM.

• brokenflutes said thank you

#21 skunkhome OFFLINE  

skunkhome

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 322 Thanks
  • 455 posts

Posted September 06, 2014 - 08:53 PM

Oops! I was wrong it was an AC 515 loader modified to fit. Still think it is an ARK loader.

Google "AC 515 loader"
Seems he ran the pump off the center pto.

http://www.simplicit..._00_AT_S_LO.pdf

Edited by skunkhome, September 06, 2014 - 09:05 PM.

#22 Jrat OFFLINE  

Jrat
  • Member No: 62214
  • 0 Thanks
  • 2 posts

Posted February 01, 2015 - 01:01 PM

Hello, and good luck with your Simplicity project. I have a 7112 and the research I have done on my machine tells me it is a mid 80's build date. Your pics look similair to my machine so I wanted to throw that out.

My 7112 had the engine replaced with a rebuilt Kohler 17hp series II motor, hydrostatic drive and I have used it to mow 2 acres and plow snow with a front blade for about ten years now. I am far from an expert, but I am conscientous abouit changing fluids and greasing. If anyone else has mowed 2 acres with a pushmower (as I have done when broke down) you gain a real appreciation for good equipment...

Good luck.

#23 dodge trucker ONLINE  

dodge trucker
  • Member No: 19314
  • 1,437 Thanks
  • 1,895 posts

Posted September 27, 2016 - 12:34 PM

They are just weird with the left-hand discharge
I know of one local that looks like it is in good shape and can be had for what seems like a good price

#24 steve b OFFLINE  

steve b

• Member No: 1581
  • 109 Thanks
  • 193 posts

Posted September 28, 2016 - 12:29 PM

Left discharge may be strange but it will mow a hay field and make it look like a putting green every time.

Good luck with your project. Nice looking machine.

• KennyP said thank you

#25 glgrumpy ONLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,651 Thanks
  • 6,465 posts

Posted September 28, 2016 - 05:16 PM

There are a few safety switchs on those. One is on the pto engage lever on right side of tower. You can see it inside the tower if you remove the battery and can see the under-dash area, way back near the voltage reg, which is also hard to see/reach. Gas tank out also makes for better access, but harder to do. I would get a manual on this. There is a few changes as the years went on. Finding the serial number is best, to match the changes and parts veiws with what you have there.  Even things like the upper mount for the tiller are slightly diff over years and you need to determine which model of hitch and drive was used on your tractor. There are manual pages for tiller and drive systems also.  I don't agree with putting a loader on this small of tractor, they are limited on what can be done with one and often over-worked and damage tractors and things you don't wish to.