• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 farmer john ONLINE  

farmer john
  • Member No: 11605
  • 1,716 Thanks
  • 872 posts

Posted August 23, 2014 - 06:16 PM

Hi All, its me again, oh no!! too late you opened the forum, ha ha ha !!! once again i have some green in my herd of horses, i was basically given a 1973 jd 112, elect lift, elect clutch, real good solid tractor and semi decent restoreable deck, scrap hood, new rear shoes for $100 bucks canadian, thats $7.25 to you americans, only joking we are about even dollar wise. well heres my question i have a 67 jd 112 rf that i cant sell, motor is an older kohler, hood is nfg and its been stretched in the front 12 inches i hate taking a tractor apart but i cant get the $200 i paid for it back, john deeres are like weeds here in southern ontario theres one on every street for sale, if you can believe it i had trouble getting $375 for my jd 140 h3. oh well, back to my question can i swap out the newer pan and seat for the round fender one fairly easy, i may keep it then, if not i am going to pull the motor and put it into a c160 horse and redecal it as a c120 same machine the only diff was the motor hp thanks for your opinion and advise its always appreciated 

#2 johndeereelfman OFFLINE  

johndeereelfman

Elfin Majic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 3761
  • 5,480 Thanks
  • 2,535 posts

Posted August 23, 2014 - 06:46 PM

If I understand correctly, you want to mount the flat fender and seat from the '73 112 onto the round fender? It this is the case, you'll have to brace up the round fender frame so that the flat fender will sit high enough on the frame in order to give enough clearance for the rear tires. You'll more than likely have to expand the opening bigger on the flat fender pan, as I think the round fender frame and console combination is a little wider than the flat fender. Depending on how high you get the fender mounted, you may have to cut off the round fender foot rests, since they are welded to the sides of the frame. 

No matter what your plan is, the two are not compatible enough to be an easy conversion. Frankly, I think the overall appearance will look a little abnormal as well. Not trying to shoot your idea down, just giving you a heads up that this won't be as easy as you think or hope. If I'd be closer to you, I would have given you the money to buy the round fender. Don't really matter what has been done to it, as parts are parts!

Good luck to you, and if you venture further on this project, please post pictures as you go alone, as I would like to see how this turns out.

• farmer john said thank you

#3 farmer john ONLINE  

farmer john
  • Member No: 11605
  • 1,716 Thanks
  • 872 posts

Posted August 24, 2014 - 05:35 AM

thanks , but im ok cash wise, i should explain myself better but you did give me the answer, i own the 67 round fender, i own the 73, i wanted to make the 73 a round fender, i dislike the flat pan look, but thats only me