68 112 Rubber Isolater ?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Brando OFFLINE  

• Member No: 14091
  • 338 Thanks
  • 330 posts

Posted August 23, 2014 - 05:32 PM

I got my 68 112 in pieces as a resto in progress and it was missing the isolaters. Now my question is do the isolaters in the front sit down in the hole in the frame or does a washer go between the frame and isolater, I got the isolaters from a 110 parts tractor I also got in boxes. Also can someone post a post a pic of the rear idolaters.Thanks

Edited by NCtractorman83, August 23, 2014 - 05:34 PM.

#2 hypersthenos OFFLINE  

• Member No: 58417
  • 5 Thanks
  • 12 posts

Posted August 26, 2014 - 06:49 PM

Hello.  I'm restoring a '68 112 as well.  Just got the answer to this last week on another site.  The '68s were unique in that the rear mounts are molded rubber vulcanized to a steel outer shell that are pressed into the ears on the frame.  No replacements available.  Simply find a 5/16 inch fender washer and weld over the holes in the frame ears after removing what's left of the old rubber.  The fronts are a straight forward bolt in.  You will need four isolators in all.  Here's the link. http://www.ebay.com/...=item3a5d95322a Can't beat the price and shipped quickly.  You'll still need crown nuts for the top of the deck.  Best wishes on your project.  My transaxle is apart at the moment.  Parts on order.  Glad I have it apart.  At some point the shifter broke off inside the case and messed up four different gear assemblies.  Lovin' ebay at the moment.  Broken shifter damage is not all that uncommon with these tractors given their age.  If you haven't verified proper function you may want to check your internals as well.  I never started mine prior to the disassembly so I'm checking everything.

• Brando said thank you