#16 toomanytoys84 OFFLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,223 Thanks
  • 5,069 posts

Posted August 24, 2014 - 10:29 AM

Thanks everyone.

I talked to my mom this morning. She talked to him this morning for a couple minutes and she said he was really tired. She is going down later this afternoon.

This one has me scared. Dad has been sick in the past with heart problems and his accident but I worry because he is acting so odd and I'm afraid of cancers and everything else.

Still don't have results on the cat scan. Local hospitals and weekends don't mix.

Edited by toomanytoys84, August 24, 2014 - 10:31 AM.

• Bill56, oldedeeres and Sawdust have said thanks

#17 Bill56 OFFLINE  

Bill56

Tractorholic

• Member No: 60
  • 839 Thanks
  • 2,179 posts

Posted August 24, 2014 - 01:22 PM

Thanks for keeping us posted. It's hard playing the waiting game with test results. Will continue prayers for your Dad, you, and all the family.
  • toomanytoys84 said thank you

#18 David Brown OFFLINE  

David Brown

I said I work on them. I never said I fix them!

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8570
  • 4,217 Thanks
  • 2,314 posts

Posted August 24, 2014 - 02:47 PM

Praying for a rapid recovery, positive outcome and complete healing.

Couldn't have said it better myself.  I replied to this yesterday from my phone but it didn't take for whatever reason.  As I recall, if it was your dad with you when you were here, he's not all that old.  Of course, compared to my dad (90 this Wednesday), nobody seems old.  I know how I would feel if I lost him so prayers are definetly sent from here.  Be strong for him and for mom.

#19 toomanytoys84 OFFLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• 8,223 Thanks
  • 5,069 posts

Posted August 24, 2014 - 02:59 PM

Couldn't have said it better myself. I replied to this yesterday from my phone but it didn't take for whatever reason. As I recall, if it was your dad with you when you were here, he's not all that old. Of course, compared to my dad (90 this Wednesday), nobody seems old. I know how I would feel if I lost him so prayers are definetly sent from here. Be strong for him and for mom.

He was with me that day getting the pk deck. He is 54. That deck and mule drive turned that tractor into a new one.

Cat scan came back clear. Mom said he is much clearer today. He is really tired from the infection but he is talking normal and not flopping around.

Thank you guys for all your support. I want my parents around for many more years. Dads health hasn't been great for the last 5 years. My mom is probably healthier than I am. I want them to be able to be great grandparents. Cooper is only a month old now so they have awhile to wait

Edited by toomanytoys84, August 24, 2014 - 03:00 PM.

• NUTNDUN, MH81, trowel and 2 others have said thanks

#20 Bill56 OFFLINE  

Bill56

Tractorholic

• Member No: 60
  • 839 Thanks
  • 2,179 posts

Posted August 24, 2014 - 07:20 PM

Good to hear your Dad is doing somewhat better. Infections and medication can make a person's mind do strange things.

Take care, Bill

#21 Sawdust OFFLINE  

Sawdust
  • Member No: 36549
  • 4,521 Thanks
  • 2,829 posts

Posted August 24, 2014 - 10:56 PM

That's good news glad to hear your dad is doing better especially good test results.

#22 TAHOE OFFLINE  

TAHOE
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 24522
  • 6,479 Thanks
  • 4,937 posts

Posted August 25, 2014 - 08:20 AM

Good news to hear. IT sounds like the meds might have been the issue or maybe his body meal counts or blood counts might have been off due to the infection or meds even. 

Glad to hear his is getting better. 

#23 toomanytoys84 OFFLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• 8,223 Thanks
  • 5,069 posts

Posted August 25, 2014 - 08:49 AM

This morning he is pretty clear and feels better.  The fluid in his lungs has went down a great deal, he is still a little out of it and tired.  But, he said he is ready to go home and get out of the hospital.  My mom said they might release him tomorrow.

I told him I was planning on buying a new Kubota in the spring and I think it might of been a good thing he was in the hospital because he was all worked up about it!  But he is excited about having a FEL in the family! 

Also awhile he was in the hospital his 96 year old neighbor in on the oncology floor.  Has some type of cancer, I didn't ask.  But he isn't doing well.  Sad day, he is a good man, very active in his church and volunteer work.

#24 LilysDad OFFLINE  

LilysDad

Cat Lover

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10443
  • 9,592 Thanks
  • 7,653 posts

Posted August 25, 2014 - 10:33 AM

. . . his 96 year old neighbor in on the oncology floor      . . . . Sad day, he is a good man, very active in his church and volunteer work.

Sad? Imagine how he'll be in heaven!  Death is not a punishment folks. It's a reward!

• David Brown and toomanytoys84 have said thanks

#25 toomanytoys84 OFFLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• 8,223 Thanks
  • 5,069 posts

Posted August 25, 2014 - 01:54 PM

Sad? Imagine how he'll be in heaven!  Death is not a punishment folks. It's a reward!

I guess I should of said a sad day for those of us who know him.  It will leave an empty spot in our town and community.

I remember him when I was a kid roaming around town.  When I was 5 he was 71 years old!

My mom told me today that Bruno has bone cancer and they have given him less than a month.

Edited by toomanytoys84, August 25, 2014 - 01:55 PM.

• MH81 said thank you

#26 David Brown OFFLINE  

David Brown

I said I work on them. I never said I fix them!

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8570
  • 4,217 Thanks
  • 2,314 posts

Posted August 25, 2014 - 01:57 PM

Well said.

#27 toomanytoys84 OFFLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• 8,223 Thanks
  • 5,069 posts

Posted August 25, 2014 - 05:46 PM

Dad is home. Lung noise is down to nothing. He is tired and still doesn't feel good.
  • oldedeeres said thank you

#28 toppop52 OFFLINE  

toppop52
  • Member No: 54420
  • 3,447 Thanks
  • 3,356 posts

Posted August 25, 2014 - 06:44 PM

I had a fairly mild case of pneumonia in February. It took a month plus to get my breathing and stamina to near normal, it's bad stuff!

Edited by toppop52, August 25, 2014 - 06:44 PM.