• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#46 Tim Bergfeld OFFLINE  

Tim Bergfeld
  • Member No: 60783
  • 218 Thanks
  • 449 posts

Posted September 29, 2014 - 10:31 AM

Well I broke down and ordered a carb bowl gasket that counts as working on it right ? while I sit here tapping my fingers waiting for my motor to get bored sleeved and everything checked out

Tim

Edited by Tim Bergfeld, September 29, 2014 - 10:34 AM.

#47 Tim Bergfeld OFFLINE  

Tim Bergfeld
  • 218 Thanks
  • 449 posts

Posted September 30, 2014 - 08:28 PM

Ok got my gasket in today and put my carb back together now I want my engine back together even more.

Tim
  • KennyP said thank you

#48 Tim Bergfeld OFFLINE  

Tim Bergfeld
  • 218 Thanks
  • 449 posts

Posted October 06, 2014 - 09:18 PM

So I been thinking about a couple things which should I use the simplicity or the 520 wheel horse to move snow this year decided on both. So that one is solved next is this. I think a simplicity 4041 would be great with a Diesel engine in it. Now that being said it runs a pto off the front of the block and the rear and drive off the back never have seen a diesel that had the crank set up like that has anyone else.

Tim

#49 Cat385B ONLINE  

Cat385B

Therapy CAT

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8002
  • 11,757 Thanks
  • 8,925 posts

Posted October 06, 2014 - 09:24 PM

You're just trying to figure out how to get heat in that cab you picked up.

I had a Jacobsen front deck rear steer with a 22 hp Kubota. It had driveshaft out one end and a hydraulic pump on the other end.

#50 Tim Bergfeld OFFLINE  

Tim Bergfeld
  • 218 Thanks
  • 449 posts

Posted October 06, 2014 - 09:46 PM

Hmmmm

Tim

#51 Tim Bergfeld OFFLINE  

Tim Bergfeld
  • 218 Thanks
  • 449 posts

Posted October 06, 2014 - 09:49 PM

We need a diesel guy or girl around here to help out with this. you know this tractor with a diesel would be killer and a girl that knows diesels inside and out would be my wife to be.. well her replacement lol

Tim

#52 Rock farmer OFFLINE  

Rock farmer
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 10759
  • 1,119 Thanks
  • 1,177 posts

Posted October 07, 2014 - 05:55 AM

Tim,
We do have a section for Diesel engine topics.
Maybe you should post there?

Joe

#53 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,657 Thanks
  • 29,842 posts

Posted October 07, 2014 - 07:22 AM

To use a diesel due to engine rotation, you'd drive the hydro off the water pump end, and have a stub bolted to the flywheel up front to run the front pto.  Most diesel GT's are set up this way, including my John Deere F935's and my 430.

#54 Tim Bergfeld OFFLINE  

Tim Bergfeld
  • 218 Thanks
  • 449 posts

Posted October 07, 2014 - 08:18 AM

Thanks I posted there I think this would be really cool

Tim

#55 Tim Bergfeld OFFLINE  

Tim Bergfeld
  • 218 Thanks
  • 449 posts

Posted October 09, 2014 - 04:28 PM

Ok I know I am talking about doing the diesel in another one. Now back to this one welded the few pinholes in the deck and got one end of the top link free today filled the other end with pb blaster more to follow

Tim

Edited by Tim Bergfeld, October 09, 2014 - 04:29 PM.

#56 mtoney ONLINE  

mtoney
  • Member No: 13665
  • 558 Thanks
  • 542 posts

Posted October 09, 2014 - 08:50 PM

Depends on the diesel you want to use, air cooled or water cooled. You could easily put a 10hp single cylinder air cooled clone in there, get the electric start version and remove the recoil starter assembly.  Its just a bolt on item and easily removed.  Then you can fabricate up an adapter to mount up the drive shaft to the flywheel.  The crankshaft rotation is the same as the gasser that was in it.  Air cooled twins are out there but most i see do not have a PTO on both ends. Water cooled obviously ads more to the task of conversion with rotation issues, finding room for a radiator ect.  Just depends on what your budget is and how good you are with metal fabrication and welding up mounts ect.  Fuel tank will need a return line to the tank added for excess diesel fuel from the injector(s) to return to the tank.  A bigger battery might be needed depending on tractor used and diesel engine used.  Good name brand diesels are Lombardini, Ruggerini, Hatz and Yanmar on the air cooled side. Then Kubota, Yanmar, Daihatsu, Mitsubushi, Iseki and several other Japanese brands, they kind of have the corner of the market on small diesels.  The little twin cylinder Kubotas are real jewels and neat sounding.  But then so is the air cooled twin in my Allis 920 .  At full power it sounds like a 2 stroke Detroit Diesel.   Mike

#57 mtoney ONLINE  

mtoney
  • Member No: 13665
  • 558 Thanks
  • 542 posts

Posted October 09, 2014 - 08:57 PM

A Lombardini 9ld625-2 would be sweet under the hood, 23 to 28hp and air cooled, no rad or fancy plumbing to deal with.  I prefer to keep it simple and nothing is more simple than a mechanicly  injected air cooled diesel. Engine orientation would be the same as factory with the blower/flywheel at the console end of the engine bay.     http://www.lombardin...diesel/9ld625-2

#58 Tim Bergfeld OFFLINE  

Tim Bergfeld
  • 218 Thanks
  • 449 posts

Posted October 10, 2014 - 03:03 PM

Ok so today is rainy and nasty out so that's right tractor time. So I welded some more pin holes ground them down filed smooth and primed wire brushed the bottom of the deck and then welded some more. Once my back could not take it anymore I went to work on the other end of the top link . It took a pipe wrench and my air hammer don't ask I dreamed it up in my sleep last night. Btw you know you are addicted when you start dreaming about ways to fix problems on your gt restoration and they work. but now both ends are loose and they turn slick as a whistle. Now that the Advil are kicking in back to work on welding.

Tim

#59 Cat385B ONLINE  

Cat385B

Therapy CAT

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8002
  • 11,757 Thanks
  • 8,925 posts

Posted October 10, 2014 - 03:29 PM

Results of a recent poll deem this thread to be deficient in pics.
  • Tim Bergfeld said thank you

#60 Tim Bergfeld OFFLINE  

Tim Bergfeld
  • 218 Thanks
  • 449 posts

Posted October 10, 2014 - 03:35 PM

You just wanna make fun of my welding skills

Tim