• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_hooligan_*

Guest_hooligan_*
  • Guests
  • Member No: 0
  • 0 Thanks

Posted February 01, 2010 - 11:55 PM

I know what your thinking, that I sold one, nope, I flipped it completing upside down off the back of a pickup truck. I rode it up and forgot to attach the ramps , again, to the truck, they shot out just before the rear wheels got onto the gate, luckily the tractor landed square on my chest, then rolled over on my leg. I'm going to bed I just drove 125 miles back from the sale and I'm hurting a little. Mike

#2 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted February 02, 2010 - 05:25 AM

Oh man, that sucks. I hope you are alright. Make sure ya take it easy and rest up. I always cringe when I see the videos of the guys flipping em on youtube.

#3 Guest_James66_*

Guest_James66_*
  • Guests
  • 0 Thanks

Posted February 02, 2010 - 09:01 AM

Mike what are you doing you and me have seen more then are share of people that dont take there time when loading and unloading there tractor, we dont need you with a broking back leg arm or anything so remember to attach the ramps put a sign on you ramps. man I did that one time I'm to old to be falling off the back of my truck on a mower tractor or just plain goofing off I cant handle the pain any more later James

#4 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,602 Thanks
  • 29,831 posts

Posted February 02, 2010 - 10:05 AM

Man-o-man are you lucky to be alive Mike! Glad it wasn't worse. I will NOT load a tractor or any wheeled anything into my truck for that very reason. I have 3 different sized trailers so I can load without incident. Just the mental image of you flipping off the back gives me a sick feeling.

#5 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted February 02, 2010 - 05:55 PM

So how ya feeling Mike now that ya had a chance to stiffen up?

#6 Guest_hooligan_*

Guest_hooligan_*
  • Guests
  • 0 Thanks

Posted February 02, 2010 - 11:11 PM

I see and hear the whole thing in super slo-mo. Everthings going good, but just as the back wheels hit the spot between the tailend of the truckbed and the end of the ramps I hear them spin out, for a second nothing happens as I hear the ramps hit the floor, I see the ceiling of the guys shop. My hands are firmly attached to the steering wheel and my feet are on the footrest. The tractor actually hits the floor just a little over vertical on the back of the rear tires, gives a small bounce and goes over completely landing square in my chest. I have the imprint of the steering wheel on my ribs, not bruised just red. The hood smahes into my nose and face and slowly it falls to my right, onto my leg. The guy is so shocked he just stands there for a minute as I jump up and declare my self undamaged. He can't believe it. I was supposed to have surgery on the 8th for torn ligments and bone spurs in my shoulder, now I have to put it off. not because of this, but I actually got a job, pays well I made over 750 yesterday and I'll make that much everyday for several weeks, Of course I rolled over 4,000 sq,ft. of wall space. This will be my last job this year, too many tractors need me. Mike

#7 Chuck_050382 ONLINE  

Chuck_050382

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 32
  • 267 Thanks
  • 1,498 posts

Posted February 03, 2010 - 09:39 AM

Ouch, I hope you get to feeling better soon.

#8 tweidman OFFLINE  

tweidman

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5
  • 250 Thanks
  • 797 posts

Posted February 03, 2010 - 09:15 PM

I see and hear the whole thing in super slo-mo. Everthings going good, but just as the back wheels hit the spot between the tailend of the truckbed and the end of the ramps I hear them spin out, for a second nothing happens as I hear the ramps hit the floor, I see the ceiling of the guys shop. My hands are firmly attached to the steering wheel and my feet are on the footrest. The tractor actually hits the floor just a little over vertical on the back of the rear tires, gives a small bounce and goes over completely landing square in my chest. I have the imprint of the steering wheel on my ribs, not bruised just red. The hood smahes into my nose and face and slowly it falls to my right, onto my leg. The guy is so shocked he just stands there for a minute as I jump up and declare my self undamaged. He can't believe it. I was supposed to have surgery on the 8th for torn ligments and bone spurs in my shoulder, now I have to put it off. not because of this, but I actually got a job, pays well I made over 750 yesterday and I'll make that much everyday for several weeks, Of course I rolled over 4,000 sq,ft. of wall space. This will be my last job this year, too many tractors need me. Mike

Wow, It hurts just reading about it. Now I know why I never load my tractors by driving them up the ramps. I hope you heal up okay.

#9 Guest_hooligan_*

Guest_hooligan_*
  • Guests
  • 0 Thanks

Posted February 03, 2010 - 10:04 PM

ya know, I never broken a bone, only been sick twice in my life, never been in the hospital, but Ive at least 3 tractors fall on my fell off a 32 foot ladder, about a 50 foot cliff, wrecked countless cars jumping things, you'd think at 53 years old I would know better, nope. Mike

#10 Gary Burnett OFFLINE  

Gary Burnett

• Member No: 44
  • 10 Thanks
  • 98 posts

Posted February 10, 2010 - 02:53 PM

Ramps that aren't attached are tricky.I usually try to bolt a channel crossways on the end of the ramps that go on the edge of the truck and then the closer you get to the top of the ramp the tighter the it holds.Also like to load on dirt digging the ground side of the ramps into the ground before hooking them on the truck but as you say things can go bad real fast.Glad you survived it OK.I've loaded big tractors that didn't run on trailers by letting them drift off a hill pick up speed and run up on the trailer real key is getting stopped(LOL)