26 replies to this topic

#16 Husky ONLINE  

Husky

• Contributor
  • Member No: 63
  • 923 Thanks
  • 892 posts

Posted September 03, 2014 - 06:21 AM

Thanks again for the info guys. I don't know  how I missed that manual on our own site I looked twice. I will review the manual and compare the differences between the versamatic and the power ho. I just want to figure out what I need to find or make for the power ho before I decide to restore it back to it's original condition.

#17 Husky ONLINE  

Husky

• Contributor
  • 923 Thanks
  • 892 posts

Posted September 03, 2014 - 07:07 AM

The engagement lever would be the same as a versa-matic. The rods will be different between the 2.

So are you saying the engagement lever as in the handle at the top that the rods connect to? I can make a rod and possibly make a lever. It looks like a folded over piece of steel. 

#18 Nato77 OFFLINE  

Nato77

Old Iron Junky

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 9422
  • 1,635 Thanks
  • 1,325 posts

Posted September 03, 2014 - 03:11 PM

Here's epic of what I'm talking about. Its the part with the hand grip. This is on a 12A but still the same.

IMG_20140903_150702_427.jpg

#19 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,678 Thanks
  • 17,200 posts

Posted September 03, 2014 - 03:30 PM

The handles them selves are the same but rods are bent different and most likely different lengths....

#20 Husky ONLINE  

Husky

• Contributor
  • 923 Thanks
  • 892 posts

Posted September 03, 2014 - 06:50 PM

Hi Nate and Bolens 1000. Thank you so much for the picture and the info. Your picture appears to show both rods looking like the same bends on the top part. So I was looking at the manual and parts list. It shows a quantity of 2 for those rods using the same part number. So I was wondering if one of you could possibly look at both rods and tell me if they are or are not exactly the same. I would love to make the one that I am missing (the attachment rod)

As you stated the round knob is attached to the attachments. I looked at my reel mower attachment and saw the knob and the snap hitch. So I'm wondering just how the attachment rod would connect to the mower. If I can get this all figured out I want to restore it and actually use the reel mower on the small areas of my lawn that the 1669 does not reach. I think it would be fun.

Sorry for all the questions but I'm new to the power ho and the versamatic. Thanks for all your help.

#21 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,678 Thanks
  • 17,200 posts

Posted September 04, 2014 - 06:02 AM

Hi Nate and Bolens 1000. Thank you so much for the picture and the info. Your picture appears to show both rods looking like the same bends on the top part. So I was looking at the manual and parts list. It shows a quantity of 2 for those rods using the same part number. So I was wondering if one of you could possibly look at both rods and tell me if they are or are not exactly the same. I would love to make the one that I am missing (the attachment rod)

As you stated the round knob is attached to the attachments. I looked at my reel mower attachment and saw the knob and the snap hitch. So I'm wondering just how the attachment rod would connect to the mower. If I can get this all figured out I want to restore it and actually use the reel mower on the small areas of my lawn that the 1669 does not reach. I think it would be fun.

Sorry for all the questions but I'm new to the power ho and the versamatic. Thanks for all your help.

May be a while until I get to it.........

The rod is just for engaging any power driven attachments, its not needed for the front plow or similar items.

It mainly just engaged the idler pulley.

Things may have changed on the newer models but there's no way they can be the same since the pto mounting points are much longer than the drive lever.

Attached Thumbnails

• DSCN3984.JPG

#22 Husky ONLINE  

Husky

• Contributor
  • 923 Thanks
  • 892 posts

Posted September 04, 2014 - 06:16 AM

Thank you Bolens 1000. Is that a picture of your attachments? That looks like the power ho special, not the deluxe?

#23 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,678 Thanks
  • 17,200 posts

Posted September 04, 2014 - 06:26 AM

Thank you Bolens 1000. Is that a picture of your attachments? That looks like the power ho special, not the deluxe?

This one is a 12B (1948)

They all used the same attachments and mounted the same though.

Stupid me!

These rods are the same!

I forgot that the PTO Rod is actually a 2 piece unit.

So you are going to have to find or fab two things.......

post-54358-0-52467700-1394390970.jpg

#24 Husky ONLINE  

Husky

• Contributor
  • 923 Thanks
  • 892 posts

Posted September 04, 2014 - 06:35 AM

Ah that is great. So the two things I need are the rod and the lever at the top. I'm guessing that the rod connects directly to the attachments somehow. I saw this one in Vermont. Not sure if this is a good price for what he's got. The yellow harrow looks odd,  maybe not complete like it's missing wheels??

http://burlington.cr...4537594657.html

Attached Thumbnails

• 00000_iXJvDkPdesr_600x450.jpg
  • 00g0g_b2E6vot749U_600x450.jpg
  • 01313_9T3Zbk69iS1_600x450.jpg
  • 01515_jqPzTAdF05X_600x450.jpg

#25 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,678 Thanks
  • 17,200 posts

Posted September 04, 2014 - 02:49 PM

Thats pretty expensive for something that rusted up.

The yellow thing you see is the cultivator and is missing its wheels.

#26 Nato77 OFFLINE  

Nato77

Old Iron Junky

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 9422
  • 1,635 Thanks
  • 1,325 posts

Posted September 05, 2014 - 12:56 PM

Ah that is great. So the two things I need are the rod and the lever at the top. I'm guessing that the rod connects directly to the attachments somehow. I saw this one in Vermont. Not sure if this is a good price for what he's got. The yellow harrow looks odd,  maybe not complete like it's missing wheels??

http://burlington.cr...4537594657.html

If it has the parts you need I don't think its that bad of a price. You can resell that muffler for around $20 being its not the correct one for the tractor. If the rims and gas tank are in good shape its worth it. The shorter rod that attaches to the implement is getting tougher to find now days and a lot of work to make and make it work properly.
  • Husky said thank you

#27 Husky ONLINE  

Husky

• Contributor
  • 923 Thanks
  • 892 posts

Posted September 05, 2014 - 02:52 PM

Thanks guys. That trip is about 3 hours one way. I sent an email but did not hear back. I actually need a rim for the power ho. One of the rims I have has a pretty bad spot in it. Once my versamatic is all done then I'll take my time on this power ho. Sooner or later some parts will come along. A kind person on this forum sent me some info on an attachment rod that may be for sale. 

• Bolens 1000 said thank you