I bought a Simpicity 3310 with mower and plow several months ago. The seller drove it onto my trailer. It was $200 and I thought it was a pretty good deal. First I had to pull the engine to get the mouse nest out of the engine and clean the tractors' front. I then tried to adjust the varidrive without success. I took the rear pulley apart, sanded the rust and lubricated it. I could not get the front pulley off but atleast I had one gear of the varidrive now. The clutch still didn't work right. I found an adjusting sequence in the shop manual.
I started as it said with the parking brake which turned out to be okay. I then went to the brake and found that it was way too tight. When it was adjusted correctly the clutch needed adjustment. When that was done the belt brake(the guard on the clutch idler pulley) needed adjustment. Now it works pretty good but still has only one varidrive speed. When I find the correct size puller, the front varidrive will be fixed.
The morale of this story is to follow the proper sequence when adjusting components on your tractor. I wasted abunch of time on the clutch before I adjusted the brakes. Good Luck, Rick