• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 coachgeo OFFLINE  

coachgeo
  • Member No: 61692
  • 1 Thanks
  • 2 posts

Posted August 21, 2014 - 10:05 PM

Tried a google search of this site since could not find a [search] button on this forum.  Unfortunately nothing came up.  Hopefully someone has a few hints for me. 

I've got a Kubota L235 with a tired D1102 engine.  Sorry Im a little OT to "garden" tractor since this is a bit larger model that "garden". more like Mini tractor...... butttt....  nothing wrong with fishing different waters.

Apparently this engine shares a good bit of design with the D1302 thru the 1502.  Some of the blocks are even nearly identical.  Questions Im not finding answers for are how identical?  With D1102 parts getting scarce and wanting a little more ooomph anyway I'm seeking info on what I can do with some part swaping such as maybe bore my 1102 block to fit in D1302 sleeves and upgrade to those pistons (read that the cranks and Piston Rods are the same).  but cant seem to find out what else may be similar.  Such as is it the same IP just tuned up some and given a different part number..... or is in the samp pump with larger plungers and different part#.... is head basically identical.... but larger valves and different part # etc etc.

Members of Kubota boards are great people.... put purist.... who dont look at things this way.  Too them you go by the book. 

Anyone know of a board where Tractor pullers hang out and discuss engine mods?

Edited by coachgeo, August 22, 2014 - 01:13 AM.

• Thomaswen said thank you

#2 trowel OFFLINE  

trowel

Summer.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5127
  • 4,819 Thanks
  • 4,533 posts

Posted August 22, 2014 - 05:12 AM

Tried a google search of this site since could not find a [search] button on this forum.  Unfortunately nothing came up.  Hopefully someone has a few hints for me. 

I've got a Kubota L235 with a tired D1102 engine.  Sorry Im a little OT to "garden" tractor since this is a bit larger model that "garden". more like Mini tractor...... butttt....  nothing wrong with fishing different waters.

Members of Kubota boards are great people.... put purist.... who dont look at things this way.  Too them you go by the book. 

Anyone know of a board where Tractor pullers hang out and discuss engine mods?

Right here and they can refer you to other helpful fourms, i can understand how you are feel with the fourms and finding the right info. Technically we are just garden tractors but most of us own and use compact and farm tractors.

I do not know enough about the D blocks to tell you what from what, i wish i could, always ran and fixed it as is.

Welcome to the fourm, hang out a bit and chat with the guys.

Edited by trowel, August 22, 2014 - 05:13 AM.

• boyscout862 said thank you

#3 boyscout862 ONLINE  

boyscout862
  • Member No: 8923
  • 9,763 Thanks
  • 7,531 posts

Posted August 22, 2014 - 07:11 AM

Welcome to GTT. We have a bunch of Kubota Manuals in our Manuals Section. You are allowed 3 free downloads per day. Maybe they can help. Good Luck, Rick

• coachgeo said thank you

#4 coachgeo OFFLINE  

coachgeo
  • Member No: 61692
  • 1 Thanks
  • 2 posts

Posted August 22, 2014 - 06:28 PM

Thanks for mention of manuals here.  Non pertain to my unit or other models in the older L series.

Edited by coachgeo, August 22, 2014 - 06:29 PM.

#5 MikeBerriman OFFLINE  

MikeBerriman
  • Member No: 63676
  • 0 Thanks
  • 1 posts

Posted November 30, 2014 - 09:17 PM

Hi coachgeo,

How did you get on with this?  I've found myself in a very similar situation - I have a D1101 with a broken crankshaft, and so I'm trying to decide if it's possible to fix, or worth fixing, or whether I can just replace/upgrade the whole engine.  What I don't know is what other engines might fit - and I'm having serious problems finding any information that might help me.

Did you make any progress?

Cheers,

#6 Waynejab OFFLINE  

Waynejab
  • Member No: 63698
  • 0 Thanks
  • 1 posts

Posted December 01, 2014 - 07:03 PM

I was in the same situation after I warped the head on my Kioti LB2204. Google search engine swap Kioti LB2204, I spent 2 years checking craigslist and finally got a D1402 for just $300, now all I need is a few other projects out of the way to drop it in.