#16 glgrumpy ONLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,647 Thanks
  • 6,460 posts

Posted August 22, 2014 - 09:47 PM

"Holey Buckets" Batman, did the rain come in nite!  Roads to show filled with water and fields and low spots all over full of water or running fast. When we got to our site was lake all around and in the awning even. Still sprinkled till noon or so and then got warm and sticky and later even lots of sun, but the water was still there. Did go down some. But with vehicles driving down the road lanes, the dry dirty grass soon became a slick grease on top of hard earth and water puddles became Thin Mud puddles. We left around 5:00 and people getting stuck all over trying to pull out with trailers and big rigs. Even the 4x's just spun on that Grease! Pulling tractors came all over park to rescue them. My friend didn't get his trailer 10ft with load and had to take off truck and leave trailer for Sat, see if any much better. I drove out in golf cart or wife did really, and we almost got it stuck, I had to jump off and push one spot and got splattered. My truck and trailer were outside the show area, but sure was a mad mud drive down the lanes in lot to get out to road. Twice I was spinning all the wheels and trailer flopping side by side trying to stay out of ruts and grab some ground. I didn't stop or we would have been done, made it and man did mud fly for awhile!  When I got home, I parked on my hill and just hosed as much off truck, trailer and cart as could come w/out soap. Stuff was coming off in chunks, cause all the top long grass was mixed in with it. Quite a pile in road when done. Had to wash the wheelwells, frame some, back of bumpers, under cart all over, it was everywhere.  OK, a few more pix. This is the lane we are in, my MM is shown there and note water in our tarp by tables too. This is early when still mostly just water, all that turned to mud as people kept driving closer and closer to sides to get in new grass. Went into the Sale Barn they have there and saw this Bolens tiller, that looked good, but sold. Sure a long shaft on those rigs!  Was a nice parts cleaning tank system, but was $400!!  Was a boat in there yesterday, nice fiberglas fishing rig with  outboard and trailer, nice cover for only $800. I've been thinking of a pleasure boat some and this would have been ok and cheap then. Whole thing was gone today, durn! Was gonna show Mama! Saw some more clintons, they all seem to be that same little 2 to 3 hp size and this guy had nice one, but $85!!  Was nice and complete, but had to PASS'  heee, heee!  They must have made a million of those little fellas.

Attached Thumbnails

• Y Portland Show 14 Friday 2014-08-22 005.jpg
  • Y Portland Show 14 Friday 2014-08-22 002.jpg
  • Y Portland Show 14 Friday 2014-08-22 003.jpg
  • Y Portland Show 14 Friday 2014-08-22 004.jpg
  • Y Portland Show 14 Friday 2014-08-22 006.jpg
  • Y Portland Show 14 Friday 2014-08-22 007.jpg
  • Y Portland Show 14 Friday 2014-08-22 008.jpg

• Bill56 and Cvans have said thanks

#17 wilberj ONLINE  

wilberj
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 51
  • 4,183 Thanks
  • 5,209 posts

Posted August 22, 2014 - 09:55 PM

Its was good to see you by the way....

Glad I left befor it got worst. 

#18 OldBuzzard ONLINE  

OldBuzzard

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 805
  • 6,481 Thanks
  • 4,633 posts

Posted August 23, 2014 - 05:09 PM

... I'd swear Old buzzard has to be here somewhere.

Nah, I was busy bringing torrential rains, high winds, and tornado warnings over at Rick Show's neck of the woods in PA :D :D :D

Looks like it was a good thing I didn't go to Portland.  If I was there the water may have covered the hoods of those GTs  :rolling:

#19 glgrumpy ONLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,647 Thanks
  • 6,460 posts

Posted August 24, 2014 - 11:13 AM

Well, SAT is gone, so are most vendors I hope!   We went (wife too) Sat, mostly to dig out of the field where we had stand. Way foggy all the way there, never got much sun till later in afternoon. Many people gone, and others packing. Some kinda half open on enclosed tents. Still rivers of mud for lanes. The spots with displays were pretty dry, the mud on some roads was reall wet/slime about 4" thick,yet solid underneath, the wheels made tracks to step in if you wanted to walk accross, ha! I got my MM running, pulled my partners trailer out of area, down to paved road so he could hook up truck, then I went way in back corner with MM to pull MY trailer up to the temp trailer/truck parking area to load. Took MM back in to sight and we loaded up with heavy items, and I pulled partners 4 wheeler out with me and THEN loaded it all up on trailer in that lot. I Still ended up going back into the grounds, staying on the better gravel packed road. This is with truck, trailer tractors loaded and dodged carts, people, other cars/trucks to get to main paved road and drove out to the Main road then. I'm not sure I would have made it thru the parking area and thru that mud just before going up onto road with this big load and didn't want to try. Many people going out the way I did instead. Partner left earlier, he had enough, but came back to meet someone anyway.....hmmm!  Wife and I walked around the front sale barns and was hotter than H and sunny by then and was very busy. Nice up there where paved or higher, but not in field for sure. Ended up being pretty good day for them after all the mess afterall.  THEN, we left at suppertime by doing that drivethru I mentioned. Truck and trailer both did the "Lumpity-Lump" ride for awhile till mudd was off and tires round again. I brought a little of Portland home with me in pictures. The Mudd, not the tractor in this case! :D

Attached Thumbnails

• Y Portland Sat End 2014-08-23 002.jpg
  • Y Portland Sat End 2014-08-23 003.jpg
  • Y Portland Sat End 2014-08-23 004.jpg
  • Y Portland Sat End 2014-08-23 005.jpg

• Alc said thank you

#20 Bill56 OFFLINE  

Bill56

Tractorholic

• Member No: 60
  • 839 Thanks
  • 2,179 posts

Posted August 24, 2014 - 01:11 PM

Sounds like quite an adventure!! Looks like "Minnie" did a good job in the mud! Thank you for sharing the photos.