Jump to content

Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

- - - - -

Point Issue On A 318

  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 abrasv OFFLINE  

  • Member
  • Member No: 28801
  • 18 Thanks
  • 36 posts
  • Location: troy, mo.

Posted August 21, 2014 - 02:16 PM

Went to replace points and condenser today due to a few misses and sometimes loss of power. Figured I'd start with the points. Pulled them off and noticed a thin piece of basically flat metal just laying down in the small hole that controls the gap opening on the points. Pulled it out with a pair of needle nose pliars and wondered what it was. Whatever the small pin or ?? that sits in this hole is supposed to be there is gone. I'm thinking that is the small flat piece of metal. 

Any ideas on this and if that is the case where would I get a pin(?) replacement?



Jim in Missouri

#2 olcowhand ONLINE  


    Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

  • Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 42,901 Thanks
  • 31,943 posts
  • Location: South Central Kentucky

Posted August 21, 2014 - 02:56 PM

The pin is Onan part #160-1151, but it's 1" long, so I have no idea where yours went, especially being it was just missing/stumbling.  If none of our site sponsors have this plunger, you can order it HERE.

  • abrasv said thank you