• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,703 Thanks
  • 17,209 posts

Posted August 22, 2014 - 05:52 PM

Need to Thanks OB and his better half for making the trip to get my Artic 60 walk behind snowcaster,its in pretty nice shape for a 1966 model,also Thanks for bring ing the single stage LF blower,wish the weather was a little nicer, so much rain here in the last couple days the owners finally had to shut off all incoming RVers,the sites are a real mess here now,we had to pull some campers with the tractor to get them to there spot,I'll post pics of the Artic 60 in the next day or two,have to say that 1886 runs real well,good find on the goodies

Where's the pictures of the Snow-Caster?!!!

#17 1967bolens collector OFFLINE  

1967bolens collector

Tractorholic

• Member No: 1920
  • 649 Thanks
  • 1,437 posts

Posted August 22, 2014 - 08:43 PM

dont u have a set of them duals? i been looking for a set for 10 years with no luck:(

#18 Husky OFFLINE  

Husky

• Contributor
  • Member No: 63
  • 923 Thanks
  • 893 posts

Posted August 23, 2014 - 09:33 AM

Looks like a very interesting trip. Glad you made it through the floods. Nice finds on the Bolens and wheels.

#19 OldBuzzard OFFLINE  

OldBuzzard

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 805
  • 6,488 Thanks
  • 4,634 posts

Posted August 23, 2014 - 04:42 PM

Home at last, home at last ..........

Pulled in a bit ago, and got the trailer with the "goodies' on it parked over by the garage.

We stayed an extra night at the campground, and it was worth it as we had some very nice weather on the way home :D :D :D

That also allowed us to visit with Rick a bit more as well.  I also came home with a "Cruise Control Magnet" for the HDT, as I'm pretty sure that the one on it is toast.

As we were leaving we spotted this:

100_5689.JPG

So naturally, I had to get out and take some closer pics:

100_5691.JPG 100_5692.JPG 100_5693.JPG
100_5694.JPG
100_5695.JPG 100_5696.JPG 100_5697.JPG

While I was doing that, the fella that owns it (who is the ower of the campground as well), came out to talk to me.

I found out that it was made by a company on Califorinia, and that they make/made a number of different models.

He opened up the back to show me that they had a bar setup and a 'well' for a keg of beer :smilewink:

It's definitely a Partymobile :thumbs:

Well, thus endeth the latest voyage of the HMS Rainmaker

• CRFarnsworth said thank you

#20 OldBuzzard OFFLINE  

OldBuzzard

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 805
  • 6,488 Thanks
  • 4,634 posts

Posted August 23, 2014 - 04:50 PM

And thats a Bolens grader blade how? 

I hate to bust your bubble but you do know that blade is homemade/ not Bolens right?

Well, maybe you two should read the post again  NOWHERE did I say that it's a "Bolens Blade"

I will note that Rick and I looked it over pretty good, and there are several things that point to it being a commercially made unit.

Once I get it dismounted and some better pics maybe it can be identified.

BTW Jerome, that's the blade that you were interested in not too long ago.

• KennyP and Rock farmer have said thanks

#21 wilberj ONLINE  

wilberj
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 51
  • 4,214 Thanks
  • 5,218 posts

Posted August 24, 2014 - 08:35 AM

Well, maybe you two should read the post again  NOWHERE did I say that it's a "Bolens Blade"

I will note that Rick and I looked it over pretty good, and there are several things that point to it being a commercially made unit.

Once I get it dismounted and some better pics maybe it can be identified.

BTW Jerome, that's the blade that you were interested in not too long ago.

I knew were that blade came from I talked to Dominic a good bit about it and he sent me photos.  I also asked about those wheels but he did say Rick had first dibs on them.   After talking to him and seeing the photos its a home made unit from what I seen. 

#22 blackjackjakexxix ONLINE  

blackjackjakexxix

Blackjackjakexxix

• Sponsor
  • Member No: 2194
  • 2,356 Thanks
  • 1,764 posts

Posted August 24, 2014 - 09:41 AM

The guy that Dominic got it off was used to be a Bolens dealer,looking at it close up I really believe it is a commercially made unit,everything fits as it should(other than the 3" added to make it fit the HT style tractors, all the holes seem to line up where they are supposed to,all welds look nice,sure would have been a lot of work,to make everything line up and move correctly,I wish someone would post a pic of one,I know there were some different manufactors who made them,I could be wrong about this,will see,will get a better idea when Dave gets it off and can get a better look at it,Jerome as far as the wheels ya Dominic gave me first shot at them, I don't think he was wanting to get into shipping them,had been trying for a few months to get info for shipping cost and never got it, I told him if Dave wanted them go ahead and sell them because he was coming there anyhow and I didn't have time to drive down and get them,I know they made a lot more grader blades for the tube frames than the LF's,probably going to be a lot harder to find pics of the LF ones

#23 wilberj ONLINE  

wilberj
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 51
  • 4,214 Thanks
  • 5,218 posts

Posted August 24, 2014 - 10:01 AM

I have photos of large frame grader blades I just need to find them. 

#24 blackjackjakexxix ONLINE  

blackjackjakexxix

Blackjackjakexxix

• Sponsor
  • Member No: 2194
  • 2,356 Thanks
  • 1,764 posts

Posted August 24, 2014 - 09:17 PM

Good,cant wait to see the pics,I know there was at least 2 companies that made them for the tube frames