Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

Vote For Featured Tractor September 2014

voting featured tractor

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
24 replies to this topic

Poll: Vote now for Featured Tractor for September 2014! (91 member(s) have cast votes)

Vote now for Featured Tractor for September 2014!

1. Cub Cadet 129 - bgkid2966 (3 votes [3.30%])

Percentage of vote: 3.30%

2. Allis Chalmers B-10 - petrj6 (3 votes [3.30%])

3. Pennsylvania Panzer T707 - blacksih (6 votes [6.59%])

Percentage of vote: 6.59%

4. Ford LGT 165 - propane1 (5 votes [5.49%])

Percentage of vote: 5.49%

5. Bolens Deluxe Ride-a-Matic - Kfs35 (17 votes [18.68%])

Percentage of vote: 18.68%

6. Cub Cadet 100 - farmerall (3 votes [3.30%])

7. Bolens 750 - NyRedNeck (11 votes [12.09%])

Percentage of vote: 12.09%

8. Pennsylvania Panzer T70ES - grnlark (10 votes [10.99%])

Percentage of vote: 10.99%

9. Wheel Horse 520-8 - Tankman (1 votes [1.10%])

Percentage of vote: 1.10%

10. Bolens Grounds Keeper 960 - 1967bolenscollector (12 votes [13.19%])

Percentage of vote: 13.19%

11. Power King PK 2414 - glgrumpy (8 votes [8.79%])

Percentage of vote: 8.79%

12. Bolens HT23 - BTS (2 votes [2.20%])

Percentage of vote: 2.20%

13. Wheel Horse RJ58 - HANKG (10 votes [10.99%])

Percentage of vote: 10.99%

Vote

#1 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted August 03, 2014 - 10:59 AM

To vote for Feature Tractor you must be a member with at least 10 posts made by you, the member.

Voting for GTtalk Featured Tractor of the Month for the month of has now officially started. This month is an open month so anything goes.

The winner will be featured on the GTtalk Home Page for the entire month of September and in our Featured Tractor Section for infinity. 

We have 13 nominations this month. Let the Voting Begin!

• Cub Cadet 129 - bgkid2966
  • Allis Chalmers B-10 - petrj6
  • Pennsylvania Panzer T707 - blacksih
  • Ford LGT 165 - propane1
  • Bolens Deluxe Ride-a-Matic - Kfs35
  • Cub Cadet 100 - farmerall
  • Bolens 750 - NyRedNeck
  • Pennsylvania Panzer T70ES - grnlark
  • Wheel Horse 520-8 - Tankman
  • Bolens Grounds Keeper 960 - 1967bolenscollector
  • Power King PK 2414 - glgrumpy
  • Bolens HT23 - BTS
  • Wheel Horse RJ58 - HANKG

Before voting please be sure to check out all the entries in the posts below.

• 101 senior, EricFromPa and BTS have said thanks

#2 bgkid2966 OFFLINE  

bgkid2966

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8254
  • 1,407 Thanks
  • 1,327 posts

Posted August 09, 2014 - 07:50 AM

I would like to nominate my Cub Cadet 129.

I acquired this tractor by chance when I was trying to find the David Bradley Suburban I used as a kid to mow and plow snow with. We did not own the DB. It was owned by our neighbor and he let us use it as long as we maintained it and plowed his snow. So, I contacted our old neighbor and he said the tractor is at my rental house and does not run. You can have it if you want to go get it. I went to his rental house and the tenant said that tractor was under water for a week after the flood. A friend and I headed to the garage and there sat my 129. It had a mower deck and yard cart with it.

We dragged it out and brought it home. It was in surprisingly good condition in appearance. The engine was full of water and had stacks of washers on all the head bolts.   :(  With a quick overhaul and carb cleaning the K301 fired right up. Then it would only move about 3 feet then stop. Hydrostatic drive was new to me then and I was lost. After a little investigation I pulled the filter and the oil tube on the trans and it was full of ice. Trans was then drained and refilled and the 129 moved along nicely. I put an electric winch on the front and modified a snow plow from a Toro to fit.  I have been using this for pushing snow every year since 2000 and it has been perfectly reliable except for breaking one pin in the driveshaft. I have supplies to make lead wheel weights(Thanks for the idea Kenny). I also have a Johnny Bucket for it that I have not had the time to work on the mounting for it. I will have it set up to lift higher than designed to make it more useful.

There are no further plans yet....Just a lot of ideas!!

post-8254-0-33160100-1376148604_thumb.jp  post-8254-0-24513000-1376148632_thumb.jp

post-8254-0-84648100-1376148613_thumb.jp  post-8254-0-78681900-1376148654_thumb.jp

post-8254-0-19346900-1376148623_thumb.jp  post-8254-0-63801900-1376148661_thumb.jp

post-8254-0-20033400-1376148689_thumb.jp    post-8254-0-06824500-1376148741_thumb.jp

Thank you for reading.

Geno

Edited by bgkid2966, August 09, 2014 - 07:54 AM.

• olcowhand, MH81, 101 senior and 10 others have said thanks

#3 petrj6 ONLINE  

petrj6
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 53717
  • 3,805 Thanks
  • 2,216 posts

Posted August 09, 2014 - 08:29 PM

Ok fine,   I will nominate my 1967 allis chalmer b-10.  I got this machine 7 or 8 years ago form the original owner, I had stopped at a tag sale and saw the tractor In his garage of course I had to ask about it. After a few minutes I struck a deal for this one and a b-10 which was good for parts, It was completely worn out and smoked like crazy under load but I had to have it.

I have rebuild the engine and re-done pretty much every moving part on here.  The mower deck I got with it was a replacement deck so it was in great shape.  I have spent the lots of time getting attachments for it and so far I am up to 4, the deck a snow blower a tiller and a front plow.  I chose to leave the tractor original, what you see is what I got plus a little cleanup, the seat was trashed so it got a replacement the same for the steering wheel, I use this machine every day for mowing and other yard work. It plows the driveway in the winter and I till gardens in the spring with it.  I was told this was a lost cause when I got it but I proved them wrong, these old tractors are true workhorses. 

There are a few modifications on my tractor of note. the front bumper is something I created in the garage one nite, it  hooks into the front mounts where it should so I can take out the two pins and it comes rite of. I changed pulley on the rear differential to slow it down a bit for tilling and the rear rims are modified 10" rims the I cut apart and changed the offset to fit.  otherwise what you see is what you get.  A 67 work horse still working every day and earning its keep.

Attached Thumbnails

• allis b-10 005.JPG
  • garden tilling 005.JPG
  • allis bumper 002.JPG
  • cummington fair 2012 029.JPG

• olcowhand, MH81, 101 senior and 9 others have said thanks

#4 blacksih OFFLINE  

blacksih
  • Member No: 54970
  • 24 Thanks
  • 14 posts

Posted August 10, 2014 - 06:47 AM

I nominate our pennsylvania panzer t707 esl tractor my dad started collecting panzers at age 12 he took two panzers to tractor shows all over md va pa wv and people would come to him wanting him to buy there panzers. Over the period of 3 years when dad was 16 a man would keep telling dad he should buy his panzer with a loader dad thought it was a home made loader but finally when dad went to go look at it it was a vary rare factory optioned loader dad bought it for 200$ the owner said he bought it for just to stack fire wood then it sat inside up til now dad and me and my mom and brother have over 80 panzers still buyin now just got a 1107 with snow blade.image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
  • olcowhand, MH81, 101 senior and 10 others have said thanks

#5 propane1 OFFLINE  

propane1
  • Member No: 54307
  • 6,101 Thanks
  • 3,194 posts

Posted August 12, 2014 - 04:58 PM

I will nominate my Lgt 165 Ford.  This tractor was bought by my son and I almost 10 years ago. My son was 14 at the time. He was so happy to have a real tractor not just a lawn tractor. We went to work fixing it up and used it as soon as we could. A lot of repairs were done over the years, my son and I had lots of fun.  He learned a lot from the fixing and operating.  He is now 24 years old and a top mechanic at a Ford dealer ship. 

The tractor came with a blower, cab, tiller and a 50" deck. We built a box blade, sleeve hitch, sod cutter, that did not work very well and got a 1 sod plow for it.  It also came with turf tires, rear ag tires and chains. We used it year round for the first five years or so until we bought more tractors and attachments. So then did not have to change attachments for each season. When it was used year round we put on about 100 hours per year. We had put a tach/hour meter in it. So I don't know the year of it. The tag is missing. But it was built between 77/83. So figured that if it was used the way we used it at first, about 100 hr per year that it could have 3000 to 3500 hr on it.  I did do the motor over this spring because it started smoking more than normal this winter. The motor was out before we bought it, so hard to say if it is an original engine or not, but it's been working good since.

Well thats my story about it, thanks for reading.  Noel  

Sorry about the pictures of snow   :smilewink:

Attached Thumbnails

• Picture 552.jpg
  • Picture 553.jpg
  • Picture 566.jpg
  • Picture 567.jpg
  • Picture 659.jpg
  • Picture 565.jpg

• olcowhand, MH81, 101 senior and 7 others have said thanks

#6 Kfs35 OFFLINE  

Kfs35
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 22474
  • 395 Thanks
  • 411 posts

Posted August 12, 2014 - 09:01 PM

This post has been promoted to an article

Attached Thumbnails

• image.jpg
  • image.jpg
  • image.jpg
  • image.jpg

• olcowhand, MH81, 101 senior and 9 others have said thanks

#7 farmerall ONLINE  

farmerall
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8266
  • 2,148 Thanks
  • 1,447 posts

Posted August 13, 2014 - 09:16 PM

I'll nominate my Cub Cadet 100. I stumbled across this tractor one day after I had just bought a CC 129 and the man I had bought that tractor from told me about a guy right down the road who repaired/ bought and sold older garden tractors. After finding his shop and talking to him for a while about these older garden tractors I noticed the 100 sitting off to the side. I asked about it and he told me that it came in on a trade. He said he didn't get a chance to work on it much yet and would sell it how it was. I left that day without the 100 but decided I had to go back the next day and buy it lol.

After getting the 100 home I got it running with minimal effort and only had to borrow a few small parts from another engine. Once I took it for a test drive I knew I would need to do something about the steering. It was stiff and also had a lot of play in the wheel. So the next day I swapped the front axel with another from a wideframe cub which was a huge improvement. Now I was able to get to the point of why I had bought another Cub Cadet in the first place. First I had to install a rear lift which is normally a straightforward job on any other tractor but of course it had to fight me every set up of the way. After a lot of aggravation and a few swear words the lift was in. Now I was finally able to attachment the implement I had been wanting to use for well over a year, that implement is a Gannon Earthcavtor.  The Earthcavtor is an awesome attachment and is very fun to use. In the end the wait was well worth it.

Attached Thumbnails

• 100_2551.JPG
  • DSC01467.JPG
  • DSC01464.JPG

• olcowhand, MH81, 101 senior and 8 others have said thanks

#8 NyRedNeck OFFLINE  

NyRedNeck

• Member No: 6598
  • 84 Thanks
  • 126 posts

Posted August 14, 2014 - 11:38 AM

I would like to nominate my Bolens 750 tractor.  The Model 750 is a 1 year only tractor. They were made in 1967 only and feature a 7HP Briggs engine.

This tractor was posted in the forums by the previous owner asking what it might be worth.  There were a few responses but no one asked what he wanted for it.  Of course I did and his response was “Free to a good home”. J  Of course I haggled a bit about the price but then agreed to take it and asked for his location. That’s when things got complicated.  He was 26 hours away from me one way.  The tractor was in Texas and I am in NY. 

I started to reach out to my fellow tractor friends around the country.  Thanks Andy Asberry J

My friend Andy was able to pick up the tractor for me and bring it to his home for storage until I can work out how to get her to NY.  Attending the Evansville show in Indiana Andy dragged the little Bolens with him and his fleet of tractors. So now all I had to do is get her home from Indiana. 14 hours one way. I was originally scheduled to work the weekend of that show so I was now hoping another friend was going to drag it back from Indiana or have it shipped. I was able to switch my work weekend with a colleague and immediately made hotel reservations and other arrangements to attend the show.

So I drove to the show and retrieved the little Bolens which Andy had running for me when I arrived.

After the show I drove to Wisconsin to pick up a Bush Hog T63 so the Bolens would have someone to ride back with.  The Bolens and the Bush hog took the long journey back and we all made it home safe and sound.  I use the 750 for pulling a trailer and a little mowing. It is in great shape and runs quite well. 

The price was right, the show was great and I got to meet a lot of folks that I have been communicating with for years via the forums email and phone. 

Best deal yet J

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_0840.JPG
  • IMG_0924.JPG
  • IMG_0926.JPG
  • IMG_0855.JPG

• olcowhand, MH81, 101 senior and 6 others have said thanks

#9 grnlark OFFLINE  

grnlark

• Member No: 2691
  • 328 Thanks
  • 367 posts

Posted August 14, 2014 - 01:58 PM

This is my 1960 Panzer T70ES. Aside from a few older paint touch-ups it’s all original. I bought this tractor about 6 years ago in Massachusetts. All I’ve done to the tractor is some carburetor tweaking and new tires (and a good cleaning). 1960 was the first production year of the T70 model. This particular tractor is very early production as evidenced by the serial #37. To the best of my knowledge this is the lowest known serial number T70 in existence.

This tractor is one of the estimated 99 Briggs electric starts that Panzer produced. Along with the tractor, I obtained the Panzer service bulletin regarding issues with the Briggs electric start units during cold starts and the dealer install of the recoil. It also has the very early plunger style mower deck engagement linkage and an early style deck.

Everything on this tractor functions as it should and it drives and mows.

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_20140701_061655_876.jpg
  • p2.jpg
  • IMG_20131230_130656_671-1.jpg

#10 Tankman OFFLINE  

Tankman
  • Member No: 21308
  • 294 Thanks
  • 295 posts

Posted August 15, 2014 - 07:46 PM

Hard to say which Horse of mine is #1.

Kohler has always been faithful, great engines. Never thought I would have an Onan but, picked up a trashed '90 520-8 (shame on the previous owner).

Lots of work (relaxation) and the Stallion came to life. Currently, why I don't know, is my go-to Horse.

Posted pic's don't say it all but, the grandsons will!

520-8_Lugs.jpg

520+Wagon2.jpg

• olcowhand, MH81, 101 senior and 4 others have said thanks

#11 1967bolens collector OFFLINE  

1967bolens collector

Tractorholic

• Member No: 1920
  • 648 Thanks
  • 1,437 posts

Posted August 16, 2014 - 03:07 AM

never done this before so bare with me lol... i will nominate my 1968 bolens gorundskeeper 960.. its funny how i found this one.. i posted on another site that i was going to pick up one in pa that i found in lawn and garden collector magazine and it was roughbut i was looking for one for so long i didnt mind well someone posted one on craigslist the night before i was going to get the other one well i called the owner and we came to a better price, it was a better machine and i got the cab, 72in deck, 48in 2 stage blower and the front blade.

one day i plan to restore this but for now im playing with it and its a fun tractor to run.. i cut my lawn with it for 2 years but now i cant find blades for the deck plus i bought a new j.d zero turn. now i use the gk to push dirt in my road ways around the farm and drive way and push snow

bolens gk and blower 021.JPG

bolens gk and blower 022.jpg

bolens gk and blower 023.jpg

bolens gk and blower 021.jpg

• olcowhand, MH81, 101 senior and 5 others have said thanks

#12 glgrumpy ONLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,647 Thanks
  • 6,460 posts

Posted August 16, 2014 - 08:03 PM

I like Power Kings AND Minneapolis-Molines, so why not Both in one?  This is a PK 2414, about 77 yr I believe. It has the nicer 3pt hitch. Some things on PK's I prefer changed.  I wanted some big flat-top fenders like on later MM's cause they just look neat. Had to make a frame for supporting them, and caused me to move the hydraulic tank and the battery to new places, but still works out good. I bought this tractor from Chuckbob in Southern IN a member here. It needed lots of work. I tear all my projects right down to last bolt in most cases and blast and paint each piece. This one now has lots of new bushings and bearings in front, new throw-out and clutch parts, rebuilt trans, which I later replaced as the gears were rusty ruff and DID make noise. I didn't think they would, but they did. Bearings in trans did not make noise go away. I prefer Red wheels and attachments to accent the Yellow. I used MM decals and added Model BS to it, to show it wasn't a real MM, but some people are still fooled by it at shows. I haven't worked it at all, have pulled trailers and might be plowing snow with it this winter. I have no deck with it, don't plan to do mowing anyway, it would get dirty, ha.  I also had to add a little Speedex flavor to it, with decals from one on the dash controls. I also removed the tin tunnel cover, which can be a pain and in way when wanting to work on trans or other items on PK's. I put down a diamond plate "floor" in it's place. Drives nice, goes to shows with me, looks nice in garage. Kinda like a "Pretty Blonde" in that it don't do any work, but makes me Happy! :smilewink: :rolling:

Attached Thumbnails

• PK Fenders 2013-11-09 005.jpg
  • PK Fenders 2013-11-09 001.jpg
  • PK and Speedex tear downs May 2013-05-13 004.jpg
  • Garage Pk and stuff for web 2013-05-12 008.jpg
  • 2414 PK Home 003.jpg
  • Out in the Cold 002.jpg
  • PK tear down 2012 002.jpg
  • PK tear down 2012 003.jpg

#13 BTS OFFLINE  

BTS

Make Stuff Up

• Contributor
  • Member No: 11851
  • 2,711 Thanks
  • 1,720 posts

Posted August 16, 2014 - 10:57 PM

I would like to nominate my Bolens HT23.

I got this Bolens about 5 months ago, it had been sitting for well over 6 years and it was needing a lot of work.

All the tires were junk, the engine was just about stuck, I replaced the starter and all of the belts.

I then bought a few missing pieces and I put it to work!.

I have a 54" mower deck that is needing a pulley but I'm going to get it fixed up for next mowing season.

Also hoping to get a 3-pt set up on it and get it painted next summer.

Can't wait to get more attachments so it's more useful!.

Thanks

Attached Thumbnails

• Bolens HT23 033.JPG
  • Bolens HT23 031.JPG
  • Bolens HT23 034.JPG
  • Bolens HT23 032.JPG
  • Bolens HT23 037.JPG

• olcowhand, 101 senior, Craig. and 2 others have said thanks

#14 HANKG OFFLINE  

HANKG
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 29484
  • 4,863 Thanks
  • 2,786 posts

Posted August 18, 2014 - 07:02 PM

I would like to nominate my 1958 wheel horse , I know,IMG_0855.JPG IMG_0856.JPG IMG_0858.JPG who is this guy from NJ showing up with some 1958 Wheel Horse R what ever .The devil is in the details and this story is the truth about what happened to me when I first caught the GT  bug .MY neighbor  showed me his restored 1971 speedex S19 refused to sell it to me, money was not the question .I knew right then and there I was hooked  my search began on craiglists whoed of thought,..And I came upon this complete Wheel Horse RJ 58 in all places but Indiana OMG, I drove from NJ to Indianapolis   in eight hours I was so excited to get this tractor after paying the man who happens to be one of our brethren ,I spun my Silverado around and drove back another eight hours my wife thinks I'm well you know . After a long and arduous search I found this very cool reel mower  guess where bingo NJ anyway it took little work to put Her back in shape again, and  Her k91 runs like sewing machine. after being soda blasted primed and painted with ( Restoration series IH red) she makes her debut, also note the very rare and sought after Schnake recoil, oh man! thanks HANKG  .

• olcowhand, 101 senior, Craig. and 4 others have said thanks

#15 1967bolens collector OFFLINE  

1967bolens collector

Tractorholic

• Member No: 1920
  • 648 Thanks
  • 1,437 posts

Posted August 19, 2014 - 07:18 PM

I would like to nominate my 1958 wheel horse , I know,attachicon.gifIMG_0855.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_0856.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_0858.JPG who is this guy from NJ showing up with some 1958 Wheel Horse R what ever .The devil is in the details and this story is the truth about what happened to me when I first caught the GT  bug .MY neighbor  showed me his restored 1971 speedex S19 refused to sell it to me, money was not the question .I knew right then and there I was hooked  my search began on craiglists whoed of thought,..And I came upon this complete Wheel Horse RJ 58 in all places but Indiana OMG, I drove from NJ to Indianapolis   in eight hours I was so excited to get this tractor after paying the man who happens to be one of our brethren ,I spun my Silverado around and drove back another eight hours my wife thinks I'm well you know . After a long and arduous search I found this very cool reel mower  guess where bingo NJ anyway it took little work to put Her back in shape again, and  Her k91 runs like sewing machine. after being soda blasted primed and painted with ( Restoration series IH red) she makes her debut, also note the very rare and sought after Schnake recoil, oh man! thanks HANKG  .

i love your rj58, i also live in nj and i have a rj58 too but man iwould love to have that reel mower

• 101 senior and HANKG have said thanks

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: voting, featured, tractor