Garden Tractor Forums banner

Tell Me What It Means ...

2K views 22 replies 14 participants last post by  trowel 
#1 ·
Last year my lawn was covered in walnuts. Squirrels wouldn't even look at them, and then one day in late fall they eat them all. This year, the squirrels are eating them before they even ripen. I haven't got one on the lawn. Last winter was long and hash. What are the squirrels telling me about this winter??? My leaves are changing color already. That's a good 2 months early.

#7 · (Edited by Moderator)
What help are you expecting? Unless you know a squirrel whisperer, I doubt that anyone knows what a tree rat is thinking.
FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODDDDD

ME HUNGRY !!!!!!

Whispered the tree rat.

#13 · (Edited by Moderator)
Either that's a trick photo . . . . or that is two squirrels.
Nonsense, that was after he was on the rack for two hours.

PETA will now wish for your blood.

Ben W.
Save them a spot in line behind you, in front of the Department of Health hunyuks. You folks should have lots to talk about. You can trade stories, sing kumbaya, and eat granola.

#14 ·
Save them a spot in line behind you, in front of the Department of Health hunyuks. You folks should have lots to talk about. You can trade stories, sing kumbaya, and eat granola.
I was never allowed to sing "Kumbaya" after I announced that it sounded remarkably like what a Japanese Ninja would say coming at you with a karate chop.

Whenever I get close enough to PETA, we do trade stories. We actually swap hunting stories. I talk about hunting cute animals, they talk about hunting tyrannical humans.

I never eat granola with folks I don't know. It causes too much gas.

Ben W.

#16 ·
Some leaves turning early here too. I'm concerned that it will be another harsh winter like last year. That will mean burning alot more wood than normal. As far as the squirrelly tree rats, the fishercat got all the ones in our area. Plan on it being a nasty winter, that way if you are disappointed you can smile about it. Good Luck, Rick

#17 ·
Don't know the squirrel answer, but hornets have built nests locally and they are close to the ground meaning a mild winter.
I once saw a hornet nest in a tall tree overhanging a bluff, making the nest 60-70' off the ground! Don't remember what that winter was like though. ~~ Lowell

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.