#1 Talntedmrgreen OFFLINE  

Simplicity Enthusiast

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8186
  • 3,052 Thanks
  • 2,166 posts

Posted August 18, 2014 - 01:03 PM

Spend Friday and Saturday at this show....it was the best I've attended, by far.  The count for registered exhibiting tractors that I was told, was right around 700.  We surveyed and had about 200 Allis/Simplicity lawn and garden pieces Friday.  Most were amongst the AG tractors, and in use as butt buggies.  The Simplciity & Allis Chalmers Garden Tractor Club did have a designated building for lawn and garden, and we did a pretty good job filling it as well.  It was nice to have an enclosed space.

Pics I snapped Friday...

• Texas Deere and Horse, CRFarnsworth and Rock farmer have said thanks

#2 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,461 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted August 18, 2014 - 01:51 PM

I would like to make that show one of these days, we had over 50 A/C farms tractors in our collection at one time years ago. How many M/W GTs did you see there?

#3 Talntedmrgreen OFFLINE  

Simplicity Enthusiast

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8186
  • 3,052 Thanks
  • 2,166 posts

Posted August 18, 2014 - 03:39 PM

I only saw the one Wards (...and I bought it!).  There was a clone of a Squire 9 with some 'bling' and custom decals, but I don't recall seeing any others.  It was very difficult for me to leave some of my machines home...I only had room for a few, and wanted them to be AC's.  

Along with a few small signs, dealer trinkets and lots of brochures and sales memorabilia, I exhibited:

Big Ten with loader, grader and Mac Sprayer

B-208S with grader and Blitz Fogger

B-1 with Forklift

Mow Bee on the forklift

Homelite T-16H (AC built) with Earthcavator

I had more fun at this show than any other...I'm still horse from all the chit-chat!  I was at the show from 730a-9pm local time Friday, and back again from 7a-4p Saturday.  I purchased a 725 Friday and took that home Friday nite.  I then brought down a '64 landlord to deliver to a buyer Sat morning, and then shipped the Squire home with a friend who lives local to me, loaded up all my stuff, and headed home.  I made a deal while I was there on a 7790 diesel, and should get my paws on that tomorrow.  A great show and some great deals!

• Texas Deere and Horse said thank you

#4 Bill56 OFFLINE  

• Member No: 60
  • 839 Thanks
  • 2,179 posts

Posted August 18, 2014 - 07:00 PM

Sure looks like a nice show! Thank You for sharing the photos.
  • Talntedmrgreen said thank you