• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Islandford OFFLINE  

Islandford
  • Member No: 44827
  • 15 Thanks
  • 17 posts

Posted August 15, 2014 - 08:48 PM

Finaly had a little time to start fixing my tractor. Have the motor out K321s looks good but might be beyond me to fix it so bringing it to a friend that knows more than I do. Hooked up jumper to electric lift today and its A ok still works bonus. My question for all of you out there is what is out there that will fit this tractor for a sickle bar I mean do I have to find a specific one or is there other brands that will work. Like Jacobsen and is all the implements that would fit a Jacobsen or ford 100 or 120 fit the ford 140 as well.

Edited by Islandford, August 15, 2014 - 08:49 PM.

#2 OldBuzzard OFFLINE  

OldBuzzard

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 805
  • 6,488 Thanks
  • 4,634 posts

Posted August 15, 2014 - 08:57 PM

The literature that I have indicates that the Haban Model 401D was for the Jake and Ford 8, 10, 12, and 14 Hp tractors.

It also shows the 401B as being for the Ford LDT-100.

• IamSherwood and Islandford have said thanks

#3 Islandford OFFLINE  

Islandford
  • 15 Thanks
  • 17 posts

Posted August 15, 2014 - 09:16 PM

Would a Sears Roper sickle bar work on my tractor

#4 Islandford OFFLINE  

Islandford
  • 15 Thanks
  • 17 posts

Posted August 15, 2014 - 09:29 PM

There is a Haban sickle bar 403G for sale in my area does anyone know if this one would work on the ford 140

#5 Gtractor OFFLINE  

Gtractor

The Tractor Hoarder

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 782
  • 6,626 Thanks
  • 3,918 posts

Posted August 15, 2014 - 10:47 PM

403 should be for a Massey Ferguson.  It could be made to work with enough mods.

My dad has a Sears-Roper sickle that was modified to fit a Ford 120.  It can be done but it took a lot of cutting and welding.

• Islandford said thank you

#6 Oldford OFFLINE  

Oldford
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 50409
  • 802 Thanks
  • 572 posts

Posted August 16, 2014 - 04:37 AM

If you google "ford 120 haban sickle bar mower" will see a site where a guy restored a 401 for his 120, lots of pics.  Said it was heavy and hard to mount he's tryin to sell it. 

If you ever get north of ferry terminal can check out my 120 aluminum deck it's mounted up for the summer.  they come up once or twice a year local pretty reasonable.  aluminum decks pretty simple, rugged, cut good, don't rust out.     

just my .02 good luck

#7 boyscout862 ONLINE  

boyscout862
  • Member No: 8923
  • 9,803 Thanks
  • 7,543 posts

Posted August 16, 2014 - 06:33 AM

Try this   http://newlondon.cra...4620222170.html   Good luck, Rick

#8 Islandford OFFLINE  

Islandford
  • 15 Thanks
  • 17 posts

Posted August 16, 2014 - 03:34 PM

If you google "ford 120 haban sickle bar mower" will see a site where a guy restored a 401 for his 120, lots of pics.  Said it was heavy and hard to mount he's tryin to sell it. 

If you ever get north of ferry terminal can check out my 120 aluminum deck it's mounted up for the summer.  they come up once or twice a year local pretty reasonable.  aluminum decks pretty simple, rugged, cut good, don't rust out.     

just my .02 good luck

Thanks for the info I did check it out. I'm going to try and keep intouch on GT. So if you hear of any decks in Maine let me know.  How far up north are you I have family in Augusta and Skowhegan. Going to the Windsor faire withe wife and kids on the 29 and 30 should be a good time never been myself. Thanks again.

#9 Islandford OFFLINE  

Islandford
  • 15 Thanks
  • 17 posts

Posted August 16, 2014 - 03:42 PM

Try this   http://newlondon.cra...4620222170.html   Good luck, Rick

I checked this out man that looks nice. Heading up to do a lawn with weed wackers tomorrow about 1 to 1.5 acres 3 foot tall. Not looking forward to it but its a job so I'm not going to complain. Yes I am but its not going to do any good. Hoping to get the tractor all running this you for the snow because it has a plow and then maybe get set up with a sickle bar next spring. Would make work allot easier. Thanks for sending this to me I'm writing down every sickle bar I may be able to use on this tractor so I can get one. I also have the Gravely 816 thats another project and I can only work on one at a time.

#10 Islandford OFFLINE  

Islandford
  • 15 Thanks
  • 17 posts

Posted August 16, 2014 - 03:44 PM

Here's a question I have a Ford 140 and also a Gravely 816 if you where only to buy one sickle bar what one would you buy it for? Just curious.

#11 boyscout862 ONLINE  

boyscout862
  • 9,803 Thanks
  • 7,543 posts

Posted August 16, 2014 - 04:22 PM

Which ever one comes up for a good price. I have 70+ tractors but only 2 side cutting sickles. You may find that a two wheeled tractor with a sickle is cheaper and handy to have. Good Luck, Rick

#12 Oldford OFFLINE  

Oldford
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 50409
  • 802 Thanks
  • 572 posts

Posted August 17, 2014 - 08:50 AM

So if you hear of any decks in Maine let me know.  How far up north are you I have family in Augusta and Skowhegan...

Heading up to do a lawn with weed wackers tomorrow about 1 to 1.5 acres 3 foot tall. Not looking forward to it but its a job so I'm not going to complain. Yes I am but its not going to do any good. Hoping to get the tractor all running this you for the snow because it has a plow and then maybe get set up with a sickle bar next spring. Would make work allot easier. Thanks for sending this to me I'm writing down every sickle bar I may be able to use on this tractor so I can get one. I also have the Gravely 816 thats another project and I can only work on one at a time.

I'll send you a note w/my contact info.  If i see a ford or jake for sale nearby will let you know.   even the aluminum deck won't do well in 3' tall grass tho.

That Ct. sickle also on another site if you google "ford 120 haban sickle bar" will find it.  He's been trying to sell it for a while, down to 300 on the other site.  He said is a bear to mount and would just leave on the machine.  Said it was pretty heavy to lift up and down maybe your electric lift could help w/that..

#13 boyscout862 ONLINE  

boyscout862
  • 9,803 Thanks
  • 7,543 posts

Posted August 18, 2014 - 06:29 AM

http://gardentractor...ing-with-allis/      These will be more common.

#14 OldBuzzard OFFLINE  

OldBuzzard

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 805
  • 6,488 Thanks
  • 4,634 posts

Posted August 18, 2014 - 09:39 AM

... He said is a bear to mount and would just leave on the machine.  Said it was pretty heavy to lift up and down maybe your electric lift could help w/that..

I know that the actual mounting isn't all that hard for the Bolens versions.

However, rasslin that rascal around to get it under the tractor IS a chore, and I do prefer to keep a tractor dedicated for the Sickle-Mo.

The 'Armstrong lift' on the tube frame model can wear you out if you are raising and lowering the cutter bar a lot.  That's why I prefer the large frame model that used the hydraulic lift.

I'm guessing that finding one to work on a Bolens tube frame would be about the easiest. That's because Haban used the 405A and added a few 'extras' to it to adapt it for some of the other brands.