• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 SARG OFFLINE  

SARG

• Member No: 1696
  • 3 Thanks
  • 16 posts

Posted August 15, 2014 - 02:14 PM

My Husqvarna 2354GXLS developed a noise this spring I couldn't initially figure out. Eventually I realized two bolts which hold the front of the K66 transaxle came loose which allowed the front of the tranny to drop about a half inch which allowed the cooling fan to tip hitting the drive belt ..... which was the noise.

Now the fan is missing about half the blades.

My question is has anyone got experience with this set up and think I might be able to :

Remove the 54" mowing deck .. jack up and support the frame with stands .. remove the rear wheels ... 

put a jack with a 6" pad  under the tranny and remove the bolts holding the transaxle which might allow me to lower it enough to gain access enough to change out the cooling fan ???????

Anyone worked on these Husqvarnas ??? Searching through the web has shown me that these missing bolts is a common flaw with the Husqvarna tractors.

Edited by SARG, August 15, 2014 - 02:19 PM.

#2 jms180 OFFLINE  

jms180

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1266
  • 925 Thanks
  • 1,216 posts

Posted August 15, 2014 - 03:51 PM

if the battery is under the seat remove battery and battery box. Usually the nut that holds the fan on is covered with grass.

Edited by jms180, August 15, 2014 - 03:54 PM.

#3 SARG OFFLINE  

SARG

• 3 Thanks
  • 16 posts

Posted August 15, 2014 - 03:57 PM

No --- that's the problem ... the Husk is not put together like a MTD Yardman ( I have three of those ). It seems that other than being able to "lower" the tranny the machine would have to be tore down from the top which appears like a real pain.

#4 SARG OFFLINE  

SARG

• 3 Thanks
  • 16 posts

Posted August 16, 2014 - 03:47 PM

Today I decided to get er done.

Took about three hours and was a little more effort than anticipated .... but it's all back together and running like new.

#5 pieter2 OFFLINE  

pieter2
  • Member No: 62732
  • 1 Thanks
  • 4 posts

Posted October 18, 2014 - 12:57 PM

Would you please explain how you removed the fan. When I want to loosen the bolt, the fan just turns freely. I don't see a way to block it.

Thanks for your help!

regards,

Pieter

#6 SARG OFFLINE  

SARG

• 3 Thanks
  • 16 posts

Posted October 18, 2014 - 01:05 PM

After I dropped the tranny out I had the same issue you are experiencing. I used an electric impact wrench that did the job.

If you don't have an impact you might be able to put a box wrench on the nut and rap in with a mallet to break it free.

• pieter2 said thank you

#7 pieter2 OFFLINE  

pieter2
  • Member No: 62732
  • 1 Thanks
  • 4 posts

Posted October 18, 2014 - 01:11 PM

sorry, posted twice the same message

Edited by pieter2, October 18, 2014 - 01:29 PM.