• Please log in to reply
93 replies to this topic

#31 toppop52 ONLINE  

toppop52
  • Member No: 54420
  • 3,509 Thanks
  • 3,387 posts

Posted August 15, 2014 - 06:23 AM

I always heard when you removed stuff from other people's property without paying for it or getting permission, it was grand larceny! :shoot2: :D

• holdenboy1960 said thank you

#32 WNYTractorTinkerer OFFLINE  

WNYTractorTinkerer

Tinker Master

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 10789
  • 8,317 Thanks
  • 4,664 posts

Posted August 15, 2014 - 07:19 AM

The guys wife was probably mad at him an have away his tools!!! Seen it happen before. Lol

Brings to mind a story told to me by a co-worker..  He was younger and was 'playing the field' so to speak..  His wife told him if he didn't come home she would put all his belongings to the curb.  Well..  he didn't come home that night to spite her and come home on the way to work for a few things and..  Whew- :smilewink:  Nothing next to the road!  He was OK!   :biting_nails:

Then he went into the house and noticed all of his stuff was in fact gone..  The wife put it on the curb and one guy loaded up a van in one fell swoop and took all his stuff!  Needless to say they are divorced now..   :tapping_fingers:

• MH81, HDWildBill, LilysDad and 2 others have said thanks

#33 LilysDad ONLINE  

LilysDad

Cat Lover

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10443
  • 9,668 Thanks
  • 7,686 posts

Posted August 15, 2014 - 08:37 AM

It's pretty telling when all of your 'friends' think you stole a bunch of stuff. So sad!!! Does your Mod Performance Sheet go on your resume?

• holdenboy1960 said thank you

#34 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,315 Thanks
  • 28,632 posts

Posted August 15, 2014 - 11:08 AM

It's pretty telling when all of your 'friends' think you stole a bunch of stuff. So sad!!! Does your Mod Performance Sheet go on your resume?

Yes, but I have the ability to edit :rolling:
  • wvbuzzmaster, LilysDad and holdenboy1960 have said thanks

#35 Sparky OFFLINE  

Sparky

Tractorholic

• Member No: 1574
  • 1,295 Thanks
  • 1,892 posts

Posted August 15, 2014 - 08:05 PM

There are people who discard stuff and move on . My youngest brother did this on a few occasions .It just pays to know the difference . And be careful how you put your ear to the ground . ( smile )
  • toppop52 and holdenboy1960 have said thanks

#36 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,763 Thanks
  • 7,703 posts

Posted August 16, 2014 - 11:51 AM

The-Love-Bucket3.jpg

• MH81 and WNYTractorTinkerer have said thanks

#37 superspeedex OFFLINE  

superspeedex

gttalk enthusiast

• Member No: 40756
  • 851 Thanks
  • 959 posts

Posted August 16, 2014 - 02:40 PM

I almost picked up a curbside gt tonight!! there was a guy on it though mowing his grass so he beat me to it

• MH81, IamSherwood, KennyP and 7 others have said thanks

#38 rust addict OFFLINE  

rust addict
  • Member No: 51434
  • 242 Thanks
  • 174 posts

Posted August 17, 2014 - 03:13 AM

Was going down the road and saw two 5 gal buckets of stuff on the curb. Grabbed and didn't have time until now, but MAN am I happy I picked them up.

Allen wrenches, big files, box cutter, channellock brand linesman pliers, visegrips, oil filter wrenches, putty knives, brake wrenches, valve keeper tools, valve spring compressor, wire brushes, sockets, hammer handles, hammer, screwdrivers, bungy cords, most of a ridge remover, punch, wire cutters, crimp tools, a crescent wrench, screwdrivers, feeler gauges, a glass car, and more.
I Can't believe someone threw it all away and my wife can't believe someone (me) picked it up.
attachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpg
I'm like a darned kid at Christmas

Re-claim, Re-cycle, and re-use.

• MH81 and holdenboy1960 have said thanks

#39 holdenboy1960 OFFLINE  

holdenboy1960
  • Member No: 62113
  • 1,472 Thanks
  • 819 posts

Posted October 12, 2014 - 07:22 AM

MH81

that was an awesome find & useful too !

• MH81 said thank you

#40 holdenboy1960 OFFLINE  

holdenboy1960
  • 1,472 Thanks
  • 819 posts

Posted October 12, 2014 - 07:28 AM

Brings to mind a story told to me by a co-worker..  He was younger and was 'playing the field' so to speak..  His wife told him if he didn't come home she would put all his belongings to the curb.  Well..  he didn't come home that night to spite her and come home on the way to work for a few things and..  Whew- :smilewink:  Nothing next to the road!  He was OK!   :biting_nails:

Then he went into the house and noticed all of his stuff was in fact gone..  The wife put it on the curb and one guy loaded up a van in one fell swoop and took all his stuff!  Needless to say they are divorced now..   :tapping_fingers:

it is illegal to put other people's stuff on the curb even if it is your estranged partners stuff, here in Queensland aussie , can get sued for that 

• MH81 said thank you

#41 holdenboy1960 OFFLINE  

holdenboy1960
  • 1,472 Thanks
  • 819 posts

Posted October 12, 2014 - 07:36 AM

I always heard when you removed stuff from other people's property without paying for it or getting permission, it was grand larceny! :shoot2: :D

if the owner says you can have it then yes u can , but here in Brisbane when it is a council arranged curbside collection suburbs in turn we can pick up at any time as long as we leave the junk piles tidy and then the residents can't do anything about it, once on the curb it is the councils & they said we can pick up on public broadcast on local TV  

• MH81 said thank you

#42 Jazz OFFLINE  

Jazz
  • Member No: 62028
  • 1,440 Thanks
  • 950 posts

Posted November 22, 2014 - 05:39 PM

That is a nice find and definitely looks like someone was cleaning up. The motorcycle mirrors and half a dozen spark plug sockets seem out of place in that cluster.. Around here people put stuff to the curb all the time.  I always watch for firewood (bucked up of course) but a few years ago my son found this cart for my welder.. I added wheels that I salvaged elsewhere

IMG_0783_zps5679c741.jpg

• MH81 and holdenboy1960 have said thanks

#43 holdenboy1960 OFFLINE  

holdenboy1960
  • 1,472 Thanks
  • 819 posts

Posted December 24, 2014 - 09:27 PM

Update 

2nd last week of city kerbside 05/12/ i got these items , these 2 + a 70cc quad i can't find in my photos 

Attached Thumbnails

• P4140157.JPG
  • P4140159.JPG

• MH81 and Jazz have said thanks

#44 toomanytoys84 ONLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,243 Thanks
  • 5,082 posts

Posted January 08, 2015 - 06:00 PM

When I lived in pa there was a large collection day garbage pickup in the rich gated community. My ex wife and I would take her grandmothers gate key (she cleaned houses there) and drive around with my truck and clean up. Being an upscale neighbor hood no tools but tons of like new household stuff.

We picked up a complete living room set all leather end tables and all. Sold it on Craigslist for a 1000 bucks.

half the stuff in our house came from their dump day.

They threw away stuff that us average folks would use for years more

Edited by toomanytoys84, January 08, 2015 - 06:01 PM.

• olcowhand, MH81, KennyP and 1 other said thanks

#45 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,315 Thanks
  • 28,632 posts

Posted January 08, 2015 - 07:03 PM

When I lived in pa there was a large collection day garbage pickup in the rich gated community. My ex wife and I would take her grandmothers gate key (she cleaned houses there) and drive around with my truck and clean up. Being an upscale neighbor hood no tools but tons of like new household stuff.
We picked up a complete living room set all leather end tables and all. Sold it on Craigslist for a 1000 bucks.
half the stuff in our house came from their dump day.
They threw away stuff that us average folks would use for years more

Still got the key? :D
  • wvbuzzmaster, KennyP and holdenboy1960 have said thanks