• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 gunstuff1000 OFFLINE  

gunstuff1000
  • Member No: 40822
  • 926 Thanks
  • 556 posts

Posted August 11, 2014 - 11:28 AM

In case anyone hasn't heard there is a large bolens meet that is being held at the tri-state gas engine an tractor show this year in Portland, Indiana. Show starts weds August 20th an runs thru Sunday the 24th. I have rented a decent size feature tent for some displays an there will be plenty of other area for exhibitors if you are planning to attend let me know that way I have a general idea of how many are coming please plan to attend even if your not exhibiting
  • Lauber1, Bob IN and LawnQueen have said thanks

#2 Lauber1 OFFLINE  

Lauber1

DB restorer

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 4926
  • 3,452 Thanks
  • 2,800 posts

Posted August 11, 2014 - 02:04 PM

Well I wanted to come, but I have to work that Saturday.  Seems like most of the  stuff I wanted to go to this yr has been that way.

I'd also like to take a minute and say, some people have gone out of the their way, and spent some of their hard earned to get theses features for the GT's. It would be really fine if guys that said they want to come to them, actually showed up, and not left the promoters hanging. No shows make the whole hobby look bad, not just that show.

• gunstuff1000 said thank you

#3 Bob IN OFFLINE  

Bob IN
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 24042
  • 1,473 Thanks
  • 676 posts

Posted August 11, 2014 - 02:36 PM

Count me in. Gona bring about 3 tractors.  I cant wait! Its been a count down since about two months ago. Ready to see what all shows up.

• gunstuff1000 and LawnQueen have said thanks

#4 gunstuff1000 OFFLINE  

gunstuff1000
  • 926 Thanks
  • 556 posts

Posted August 12, 2014 - 01:03 PM

Well I wanted to come, but I have to work that Saturday.  Seems like most of the  stuff I wanted to go to this yr has been that way.

I'd also like to take a minute and say, some people have gone out of the their way, and spent some of their hard earned to get theses features for the GT's. It would be really fine if guys that said they want to come to them, actually showed up, and not left the promoters hanging. No shows make the whole hobby look bad, not just that show.

I appriciate that it's pretty much all came out of my pocket the guy I orginally planned to do this with sold his tractors an left me hanging but we had already started promoting I have spent a large amount of time an money preparing things I hope we have a nice turn out but never know who will actually show up
  • Bolens 1000, Texas Deere and Horse, Bruce Dorsi and 2 others have said thanks

#5 Kfs35 OFFLINE  

Kfs35
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 22474
  • 395 Thanks
  • 411 posts

Posted August 12, 2014 - 07:35 PM

I'm planning on being there the 23rd. Not sure what, if anything, I'll be bringing down yet.
  • gunstuff1000 said thank you

#6 Bill56 OFFLINE  

Bill56

Tractorholic

• Member No: 60
  • 839 Thanks
  • 2,179 posts

Posted August 14, 2014 - 06:55 AM

Hope you have a good turnout and thank you for all your support and money spent to promote the GT event. Would love to go (this show has been on my wish list for years) but it won't happen this year.

#7 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted August 14, 2014 - 12:39 PM

GS1000, Looks like you will have a few GTtalk guys there, make sure to post some photos of everybody and their GT's PLEASE..

#8 wilberj ONLINE  

wilberj
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 51
  • 4,211 Thanks
  • 5,217 posts

Posted August 14, 2014 - 01:26 PM

GS1000, Looks like you will have a few GTtalk guys there, make sure to post some photos of everybody and their GT's PLEASE..

I'll be down there for 3 days I'll post some when I get back.

#9 wilberj ONLINE  

wilberj
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 51
  • 4,211 Thanks
  • 5,217 posts

Posted August 19, 2014 - 02:28 PM

Bump, big day is tomorrow!

#10 glgrumpy ONLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,661 Thanks
  • 6,475 posts

Posted August 19, 2014 - 05:38 PM

Saw you today Tues and the big display area you are setting up. Lots of Bolens in one spot for sure! Show opens officially Wed and til Sunday, but don't come Sunday, most will be gone Sat nite. Weather so far hasn't rained at all like it was supposed to. Think it will be raining tonight now, but day is looking good.

#11 gunstuff1000 OFFLINE  

gunstuff1000
  • 926 Thanks
  • 556 posts

Posted August 20, 2014 - 06:02 PM

Today we counted before I left there was 75 bolens pieces with engines most all tractors only a few were other pieces There were 14 ridemasters an one Bean cutler I would say this has to be the biggest gathering in one spot so far. Well worth the time an preparation that has went into this!!!
  • Lauber1 and Kfs35 have said thanks