20 replies to this topic

#16 lrhredjb OFFLINE  

lrhredjb

• Contributor
  • Member No: 3984
  • 280 Thanks
  • 269 posts

Posted August 21, 2014 - 05:53 PM

Hey guys thanks for the tips.  I was able to get the cub running by placing the negative cable from a battery to the frame of the tractor. Positive cable from battery to the + side of the coil and an additional cable from the positive side of the battery and tap the A leg of the starter gen. 
She started right up and runs quite well.
So I guess I am looking to replace the ignition switch now.

One additional problem I may be having is the mower deck belt seems real tight. When I try to disengage the PTO I do not see any slack on the belt and I cannot start it with the deck hooked up.

How do you adjust the tension on the belt?

Can anyone post a few photos of the Mule drive (front 2 pulleys just underneath the grill area)? It seems one of the pulleys is held with a spring, however the other is missing the spring like the other side and it looks like the PO may have welded a small threaded rod instead of the spring and at some point it got bent up.  So a few photos of the front 2 pulleys would be helpful.  Also a stupid question.  To engage the pto it is in the forward position or toward the back?  I thought the book says forward to disengage but there is a sticker on the dash that seems the rear position would be disengaged.

Thanks for the help in getting this thing running.  Is there a wiring diagram for the 107 somewhere?

See this thread for a picture of the mule drive parts. PTO engages when lever is forward, disengaged with lever back.

http://gardentractor...ff-help-please/

Edited by lrhredjb, August 21, 2014 - 05:54 PM.

• NyRedNeck said thank you

#17 IHCubGuy OFFLINE  

IHCubGuy

Tractorholic

• Member No: 3438
  • 1,356 Thanks
  • 1,474 posts

Posted August 21, 2014 - 06:52 PM

Just came across this thread now.  As for your no start condition, don't be so quick to condemn the switch on it.  They have a neutral start switch on the clutch/brake pedal and I have seen the plug on that switch get loose to the point they no longer function.  It's a normally open switch and needs to be closed for current to go thru to the starter.  As for the mule drive on it.  The one pulley does have a spring on it and it hooks into the mule drive on the front.  The other side is a bolt with a nylock nut on it that runs through the mule drive plate on the front. That nut when drawn down puts more tension on the spring thereby setting the belt tension. The belt on them is always under tension and does not loosen when the mower is disengaged as they have an actual clutch on the front of the motor that disengages them.

Edited by IHCubGuy, August 21, 2014 - 06:54 PM.

#18 IHCubGuy OFFLINE  

IHCubGuy

Tractorholic

• 1,356 Thanks
  • 1,474 posts

Posted August 21, 2014 - 07:06 PM

Are these diagrams for the 107 specifically ?

Here is a diagram specific to that model

Attached Files

#19 NyRedNeck OFFLINE  

NyRedNeck

• Member No: 6598
  • 84 Thanks
  • 126 posts

Posted August 21, 2014 - 07:55 PM

Just came across this thread now.  As for your no start condition, don't be so quick to condemn the switch on it.  They have a neutral start switch on the clutch/brake pedal and I have seen the plug on that switch get loose to the point they no longer function.  It's a normally open switch and needs to be closed for current to go thru to the starter.  As for the mule drive on it.  The one pulley does have a spring on it and it hooks into the mule drive on the front.  The other side is a bolt with a nylock nut on it that runs through the mule drive plate on the front. That nut when drawn down puts more tension on the spring thereby setting the belt tension. The belt on them is always under tension and does not loosen when the mower is disengaged as they have an actual clutch on the front of the motor that disengages them.

Mine has the spring on the one side and it does have a long bolt but it is bent and was not through the mule plate  when i put it through the plate n put a nut on it seemed too tight and the motor was too slow to spin  That is why i thought the pto was engaged.

I will take another look at it.  Thanks for the help.

#20 NyRedNeck OFFLINE  

NyRedNeck

• Member No: 6598
  • 84 Thanks
  • 126 posts

Posted August 27, 2014 - 01:57 PM

Can those pulleys and parts be purchased new form any source you are aware of?  

#21 IHCubGuy OFFLINE  

IHCubGuy

Tractorholic

• 1,356 Thanks
  • 1,474 posts

Posted August 27, 2014 - 02:15 PM

All the parts to service the clutch and mule drive pulleys are still available thru Cub Cadet dealers.  I just put a clutch kit in my 100 this spring.  Same parts as a 107 has.