#1 trowel OFFLINE  

trowel

Summer.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5127
  • 4,819 Thanks
  • 4,533 posts

Posted August 10, 2014 - 06:29 AM

Yesterday i spoke with the the young ones regarding this, kids are diying from overdoses on a weekly basis now, i live less the 20 miles from the center of the new growing epidemic that is running rampant throughout our hometowns and the state of Ma just wants to bicker and fight over money, the girls went to school with some of these kids and now they are dead. The new heroin is laced with a new drug that kills indiscriminately, nothing like the old drug.

I work in Shelburn, right next to Greenfield and I am absolutely scared to death over the girls.

http://www.google.co....72676100,d.cGU

The fear is growing very quickly, winter is coming soon, these kids are starving themselves for a fix, the death toll will rise very soon.

Edited by trowel, August 10, 2014 - 06:33 AM.

• Alc, GTTinkerer, hamman and 8 others have said thanks

#2 trowel OFFLINE  

trowel

Summer.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 4,819 Thanks
  • 4,533 posts

Posted August 10, 2014 - 06:56 AM

Just got a email a few min ago, a warning from someone who lives outside Orange Ma, his young boy knows of a girl he went to school with who tried pot for the first time at a gathering, it was laced with the heroin, she was raped.

Not even 16 years old yet, god damn these people, Morgen and her boyfriend lives on Conway street Greenfield, right in the middle of all this.

My prayers go out to the family, forgive me.

• Alc, GTTinkerer, hamman and 4 others have said thanks

#3 TAHOE OFFLINE  

TAHOE
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 24522
  • 6,479 Thanks
  • 4,937 posts

Posted August 10, 2014 - 07:16 AM

Yea, we live in a suburb about 30 miles north of Cincy, seems are area has become a mecca for the new heroin "craze". N. Ky is also bad for it. It's cheap and easy to make and like you said, they are adding all kinds of extras that make it immediately deadly or really serious effects. I heard there was one "recipe" that had diesel fuel in it when they make it and it immediately kills the skin/tissue where it's injected. If it doesn't kill, the people are losing limbs.

Sad part is so many people are looking for something in life and whether is experimentation or trying to escape that they get sucked into the drug addictions. 

• Alc, hamman, pharmer and 3 others have said thanks

#4 hamman ONLINE  

hamman

Homelite Owner Extraordinaire

• Contributor
  • Member No: 1733
  • 5,626 Thanks
  • 2,579 posts

Posted August 10, 2014 - 08:04 AM

Trowel ,the sad part is that there is nowhere in this country that is exempt from this epidemic of drugs. Where we live i n Northern Michigan some people here refuse to believe that it is happening right here right now. They just can't see it as it happens. Kids are the most vulnerable. They trust everyone and believe not many adults. Experimentation with illicit drugs ,has, and probably will always be around. The problem is that in your words it is an " epidemic and running rampant" in our country and with today's society of ,parentless parenting, of our children it will continue until we as parents or better yet adults wake up and get the family back as a unit and start making sure of what, when, where and who our children are with and knowing what they are are doing. I spent 28 years in Law Enforcement and Firefighting, I've seen some things that are unbelievable to many. They are and do happen every day sadly.

All we can do as parents and grandparents is try to teach and steer our children, grandchildren in the right direction and help teach them that his course of "recreation" is not the right way.  Stay strong for your kids and keep a look out. As it get worse we will all have to keep up the fight. I vowed long ago to do what ever I had to make sure my kids and grand kids got the message about this crap going on today. So far we are doing ok, but it can't be said that for everyone. God bless and keep praying and doing what you are doing to protect your family.                                                                                       Roger.

• MH81, Alc, GTTinkerer and 9 others have said thanks

#5 petrj6 ONLINE  

petrj6
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 53717
  • 3,805 Thanks
  • 2,218 posts

Posted August 10, 2014 - 08:24 AM

We here in northeastern ny have been fighting this epidemic for 3 or 4 years now.  The I-90 corridor to rt 7 into vt is known locally here as the herion highway, drugs coming from the city north Into vt, then different drugs coming out of Canada going south into the country.  I personally don't know anybody effected by this but I hear stories all the time.

I have had the talk with my daughter and keep her very busy with sports and projects, the busier she is the less likely she is to get hooked or even try it.  The authorities are trying to get a handle on it but not having much luck.  my brother in law lives up town and the police are always stopping him and asking questions, he hates it but they are doing a decent job of rooting out the trouble makers in town.  At least once a week they arrest someone on drug charges.

I personally believe the downturn in the economy is responsible for this epidemic.  Poverty brings out the worst in people.

Pete  

• GTTinkerer, hamman, pharmer and 1 other said thanks

#6 trowel OFFLINE  

trowel

Summer.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 4,819 Thanks
  • 4,533 posts

Posted August 10, 2014 - 08:50 AM

When i lived in Ohio the common problem was bathtub Meth made from fertilizer, killed a lot and left many hollow shells, it is still going on.

I recall Easthampton and upper Holyoke, it was cleaned up to a degree but took many years of hard work and state funding, money we no longer have any more, the trash just moved north and started again, as Pete said I-90 is the road used. I read the deaths in the paper just about every morning before work and talk to friends in this area of the Hilltowns on a daily basis about it now, i figured it is time to start a thread and get it out there.

With the health care problems they are not receiving the needed help when i spoke with a parent currently going through this with their child, for one week they are thrown together, people with different drug problems and treated like animals.

A phase i remember clearly is on the 7 th day god mandated all to rest, on the 7 th day the heroin addict either dies or breaks, then the rehabilitation can begin.

I figured it is time to start a thread regarding this epidemic seeing as it is affecting us up here in north Western Ma, we like to hide things also being the ''commonweath-state'' heh, more like common-joke.

• Alc, GTTinkerer, hamman and 1 other said thanks

#7 Lmiller3358 OFFLINE  

Lmiller3358

• Member No: 5109
  • 1,332 Thanks
  • 1,317 posts

Posted August 10, 2014 - 09:59 AM

Yep. Sad Trowel,,,Lost 2 peeps in town here a few weeks ago, one a little younger than my stepson, and he knew him,,, and young mother,,,, why does anyone want to put that @$%^ in themselves is beyond me !!! Oh, by the way, I get the willies just driving thru Orange, along with its nieghbor....

• Alc, hamman, pharmer and 1 other said thanks

#8 HDWildBill ONLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,697 Thanks
  • 8,555 posts

Posted August 10, 2014 - 11:06 AM

Trowel ,the sad part is that there is nowhere in this country that is exempt from this epidemic of drugs. Where we live i n Northern Michigan some people here refuse to believe that it is happening right here right now. They just can't see it as it happens. Kids are the most vulnerable. They trust everyone and believe not many adults. Experimentation with illicit drugs ,has, and probably will always be around. The problem is that in your words it is an " epidemic and running rampant" in our country and with today's society of ,parentless parenting, of our children it will continue until we as parents or better yet adults wake up and get the family back as a unit and start making sure of what, when, where and who our children are with and knowing what they are are doing. I spent 28 years in Law Enforcement and Firefighting, I've seen some things that are unbelievable to many. They are and do happen every day sadly.

All we can do as parents and grandparents is try to teach and steer our children, grandchildren in the right direction and help teach them that his course of "recreation" is not the right way.  Stay strong for your kids and keep a look out. As it get worse we will all have to keep up the fight. I vowed long ago to do what ever I had to make sure my kids and grand kids got the message about this crap going on today. So far we are doing ok, but it can't be said that for everyone. God bless and keep praying and doing what you are doing to protect your family.                                                                                       Roger.

Amen! :thumbs:

• hamman, pharmer, trowel and 1 other said thanks

#9 GTTinkerer OFFLINE  

GTTinkerer

GT Tinkerer

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1564
  • 1,152 Thanks
  • 1,326 posts

Posted August 10, 2014 - 12:28 PM

One of the problems is that the highest leaders in the land brag about doing and selling drugs which makes doing so seem OK to many of the younger generation.  Hard to convince teenagers that drugs aren't cool when the media champions their use.

• Alc, hamman, pharmer and 4 others have said thanks

#10 pharmer OFFLINE  

pharmer

• Member No: 4250
  • 686 Thanks
  • 677 posts

Posted August 10, 2014 - 01:47 PM

And the US military is in Afghanistan gaurding the opium fields so the heroin can be produced and flow back to the USA.

• hamman, trowel and Bill 76 have said thanks

#11 GTTinkerer OFFLINE  

GTTinkerer

GT Tinkerer

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1564
  • 1,152 Thanks
  • 1,326 posts

Posted August 10, 2014 - 01:52 PM

Many times during mt 21+ years in the Army I disagreed with the orders of the Commander-In-Chief but I  had raised my hand swearing to obey the orders of the CIC and appointed officers.

• coldone, hamman, pharmer and 1 other said thanks

#12 Bill 76 OFFLINE  

Bill 76
  • Member No: 49625
  • 1,639 Thanks
  • 1,054 posts

Posted August 10, 2014 - 02:43 PM

Same thing here,but we only hear a 10 second blurb on the news about it going on in Milwaukee cus of all the shootings going on and I don't think they want to admit its there they rather say it a suburb rich kid problem,but allmost any small town paper in the state has reports about every week.How is so much of this s**t  getting into  north america? 

Time to round em up and go back to pubic hangings,that might slow things down,I'am sure the aclu would have a fit about that--tough poop for them

Wish I had an answer to this huge problem.

• Alc, hamman, pharmer and 1 other said thanks

#13 HDWildBill ONLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,697 Thanks
  • 8,555 posts

Posted August 10, 2014 - 02:44 PM

This thread is starting to turn political and we all know what happens if it does.

• hamman, pharmer and trowel have said thanks

#14 trowel OFFLINE  

trowel

Summer.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 4,819 Thanks
  • 4,533 posts

Posted August 10, 2014 - 07:49 PM

This thread is starting to turn political and we all know what happens if it does.

Regrettably it always will, they are after all the ones dictating our every move in everything.

I do feel a bit better reading the replies, the fear is always there.

• hamman said thank you

#15 Sawdust OFFLINE  

Sawdust
  • Member No: 36549
  • 4,521 Thanks
  • 2,829 posts

Posted August 10, 2014 - 08:31 PM

I don't like a lot of the things about where our country is headed or what the government is doing but....We as people, parents, grandparents, friends etc. have got to get the family back together. The HOME no longer is the norm anymore, it's just a place where people related pass through going to different places. Kids are begging for attention, the right kind they don't get in the home. Their finding the wrong people to look up to & are being influenced. We all have so many things going on in a day sometimes we have to actually work to find family time. Our kids are on their own now but my wife & I still make sure we do things together. This late phase of our life is still important to show our kids that we can still enjoy each other as we get older. Parenting never stops. We're not perfect but my two girls knew what to expect from a man & my 21 year old son knows how to treat a lady. I strongly believe the home is where the good & bad start.
  • hamman, trowel, HDWildBill and 2 others have said thanks