Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

Started Assembling The Briggs 23D For The '64 Landlord Today.

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#16 classic OFFLINE  

classic
  • Member No: 52970
  • 3,451 Thanks
  • 1,604 posts

Posted August 13, 2014 - 01:03 AM

Thanks Jim, I always liked the looks of the '64 landlord, even with the bug eyes. I found these headlights on ebay for 28 bucks, but they need a bit of work to get em' back in shape. The wires are toast and there are some dings in the bezels that will take some time to fix. Looks like a rainy day project and it's supposed to rain tomorrow! Maybe I'll get started on them.

Attached Thumbnails

• $_57-7.jpeg
  • $_57-6.jpeg

Edited by classic, August 13, 2014 - 01:04 AM.

• trowel said thank you

#17 classic OFFLINE  

classic
  • 3,451 Thanks
  • 1,604 posts

Posted August 13, 2014 - 01:19 PM

Well, I cleaned up the Guide lights and mounted them on the tractor. I still have to run the wiring and grab a light switch from my spare Big Ten dash.Thanks for the light bar Pete! I put the little mower deck on it and adjusted the deck PTO. It was drizzling out, but I had to try it out and it works great. Luckily the spindles are nice and quiet. The deck didn't come with a lift lever and correct chain, so I used what came on it. I have a spare lift arm and that I have to paint, and the right chain for it. Little by little, I'll get it squared away.

Attached Thumbnails

• 20140813_140533-1.jpg

• trowel said thank you

#18 trowel OFFLINE  

trowel

Summer.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5127
  • 4,819 Thanks
  • 4,533 posts

Posted August 13, 2014 - 04:41 PM

Looks great ! kind of unusual with the small deck, lol, im use to seeing the 42 '', glad it worked out good for you, i love how the head lights look on these, even on the cars and trucks, it seems to suit it.

• classic said thank you

#19 classic OFFLINE  

classic
  • 3,451 Thanks
  • 1,604 posts

Posted August 13, 2014 - 07:21 PM

Thanks Trowel, lot's of hours working on this tractor so far. It's odd mowing with that 32" deck. It feels like it's the wrong deck, since I'm use to the one on the Allis now. The first pass looked like I did it with a push mower, since it was so narrow. It does a real nice job, but it's odd that such a small deck was offered with these tractors.
  • trowel said thank you