• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#16 Sean0308 OFFLINE  

Sean0308
  • Member No: 60528
  • 3 Thanks
  • 7 posts

Posted August 10, 2014 - 11:43 AM

Thanks for the bigger diagram but no luck. Old luck thank you for the screw driver trick to the point. It sparked. so I replaced the wire from the coil to the point and finally got spark. I will clean my gas tank out. I noticed gum still in it and see if it fires off tomorrow. I will repost tomorrow and let everyone knows what happens. This tractor was in New Jersey on a farm that my great great grandfather owned. He passed it down to my dad and my dad used it for awhile and it died. He never found out why but it has been sitting in a shed for a few years and was never worked on again I am now wanting it up because I love it. I use to see this tractor run when I was little and I loved it. I really want this tractor up and working. Hope this helps.

• trowel and Oldford have said thanks

#17 T Guiles OFFLINE  

T Guiles
  • Member No: 39800
  • 952 Thanks
  • 749 posts

Posted August 10, 2014 - 12:02 PM

Stick with it, you'll feel awesome when you get it fired, and you will. Good luck and post some pic's of it when you get it going

• trowel said thank you

#18 trowel OFFLINE  

trowel

Summer.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5127
  • 4,819 Thanks
  • 4,533 posts

Posted August 10, 2014 - 07:36 PM

Stick with it, you'll feel awesome when you get it fired, and you will. Good luck and post some pic's of it when you get it going

:ditto:  i am glad to hear of spark and we do like pictures.

Your attached to the tractor, we like to hear that, this means you will take good care of it, sounds like something of a family hairloom in a way.

Next step is the carb, Carter model N, easy to work on and parts can still be bought new.

Edited by trowel, August 10, 2014 - 07:40 PM.