Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

The Fords Are Doing Pretty Well This Year.

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#46 560Dennis OFFLINE  

560Dennis
  • Member No: 70672
  • 10 Thanks
  • 18 posts

Posted August 17, 2015 - 09:21 PM

Here is the winning pull at the Red Apple Farm this weekend and it was a full pull. The Fords ended up 1-2-3 with a cub coming in 4 the and a Roper 5th.

Wheres the wheelie bars ? I don't see them

#47 skyrydr2 ONLINE  

skyrydr2

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5032
  • 3,409 Thanks
  • 3,159 posts

Posted August 18, 2015 - 03:10 AM

That tractor has pads at the ends of the bars and they are down low, in that photo it was just getting ready to touch them.
In the stock class that LGT 125 held its own but is now lacking the horsepower and traction, because they changed tires on it, and everyone is running 16+ horsepower, that 125 is only 12 and a hydro , so it is definately low on power, it almost never runs out of traction, just hp.

#48 skyrydr2 ONLINE  

skyrydr2

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,409 Thanks
  • 3,159 posts

Posted September 10, 2015 - 05:53 AM

Funny thing how some folks get when ya take away their winning ways.... They get down right ugly? Rather than go home and do some work on their rigs, they instead pout ,stomp, whine and cry because someone who DID THE WORK AND HOMEWORK AND PAYED ATTENTION IN SCHOOL gave em a spankin' ? Funny how that works. Am I the only one that thinks progress is good? Oh well ? Live and learn I guess. You start winning and wind up the bad guy because you did what it took to get on top. LOL such is competition... All I can say is wait until we get a second set of tires for the SS class... This is our only issue now, dry dusty powdery tracks we just spin, when we cut up a set of digging jobs... Then ...... Ohhhhh boys... :-)
  • KennyP, Dieselcubmike, TomLGT195 and 1 other said thanks

#49 DaveBb OFFLINE  

DaveBb
  • Member No: 62819
  • 375 Thanks
  • 157 posts

Posted September 10, 2015 - 06:45 AM

Hit the nail on the head...I have tried to up my game at every pull this year. You have to be able to take advice, learn from others and do the research if you want to win. There is always someone better out there it makes the game interesting.

• TomLGT195 said thank you

#50 skyrydr2 ONLINE  

skyrydr2

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,409 Thanks
  • 3,159 posts

Posted January 14, 2016 - 04:59 AM

Well the little guys did well again in 2015 took 1st in Superstock for the season,1st in stock ( Allen, 8 years old on a Cub cadet 102) 3rd in stock with the LGT125 hydro and a 4th in stock with a Craftsman GT18/6 running a kohler Magnus 18 twin, not very fair in the hp part, but the others make it up in chassis design, the Ford LGT needs more hp to catch the cub, as it has much more traction, but runs out of poop , the cub..... That has a 12hp Kohler and you can't kill it, not in stock ..... The boys had a good time, dad on the other hand lol, was stressed! He can't take being behind anyone ( that's what happens when you have 2 older brothers) so he does what ever is necessary to be at the front!!
A n d what makes it even tougher..... not having any $$$ ....
The saying of" we've been doing so much with so little for so long, we can do anything with nothing" holds the bar here.
He has help though! And that makes it rewarding in the end.
And those that don't like the Kohler V twins.... Please send them to me, as we just love them, ' cause man do they make POWER!!!! You just have to know how to carress them ;-)

Edited by skyrydr2, January 16, 2016 - 07:48 AM.

• olcowhand, Alc, EricR and 1 other said thanks

#51 skyrydr2 ONLINE  

skyrydr2

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,409 Thanks
  • 3,159 posts

Posted July 11, 2016 - 08:11 AM

Tractor pulls at my brothers place again this year, Saturday july 16th starting at noon. These are transfer sled pulls.
Anderson Drive, Templeton,MA 01468
Superstock class is getting outrageous as the guys are finding traction and power from these stock VTWIN Kohlers.
As well as stock 12" they are all with in inches of one another now, so come on down and enjoy the show and food. It's all good fun.
  • KennyP said thank you

#52 skyrydr2 ONLINE  

skyrydr2

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,409 Thanks
  • 3,159 posts

Posted July 17, 2016 - 08:12 AM

It was a quick day, not many pullers because of nascar...anyways, the ones that mattered showed up and it was a good pull in Superstock and our cub won stock instantly broke the axle in the new Ford 120 tractor as the track was insane traction.
The Superstock Ford did its best and came out on top as well. It is a really good combo that vtwin and cub drive train and Ford chassis.
It even wins in the open class against stretched tractors running 26 12 12 tires, and boys do they hate that lol.
Oh and my buddy has his stock JD 216 pulling right there with the cub, only inches separated them.. it will only be a matter of time now before he has it in the winners circle lol.then I'll have to pip his gloating with my 125 because right now it's on farm duty and taking a break from pulling.
  • olcowhand and TomLGT195 have said thanks

#53 Spf OFFLINE  

Spf
  • Member No: 84184
  • 0 Thanks
  • 2 posts

Posted August 07, 2016 - 08:27 AM

Hello all. IAM new here and also new th pulling these things but starting to get a ford lgt 145 set up to pull. Any help or tips on a hitch setup? And weight bars would be appreciated. Or maybe a link to a place where I can purchase pulling parts that just bolt on? Oh. And I will be pulling stock class to start with. Thanks guys.

#54 skyrydr2 ONLINE  

skyrydr2

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,409 Thanks
  • 3,159 posts

Posted November 28, 2016 - 05:34 AM

Unless your club has a speed limit for stock you are going to have a real tough time competing with the hydro unless you are really good on the pedal!
We were lucky because the drivers on the one we use are awsome and can feel traction and power being put down.. put a novice on it and they dont make it 50'.
As for the hitch.. the one we use is very complex and is adapted to quickly pin on to the 3 point hitch mounts as close to the tractor as possible.As my 125 is a working tractor that does both farm work tilling and such as well as playing tractor pulling.
This last season he was religated to a strict regiment of farm duties. Way harder on it than pulling! Tilling is hard on anything!