Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

My new purchase......Snapper/MF 4820 snowthrower!

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#16 Trump OFFLINE  

Trump

• Member No: 2082
  • 1 Thanks
  • 23 posts

Posted March 08, 2011 - 07:30 PM

havent got all this computer stuff down yet will post the fleet when i get it

#17 pappysMF OFFLINE  

pappysMF
  • Member No: 78534
  • 110 Thanks
  • 93 posts

Posted April 08, 2017 - 07:56 PM

Hey Luke, I just found your post here. I just purchased a Snapper 60377 that I want to mount on my MF 1655. It looks like I am missing all of the lifting mechanism though. Does this blower lift with the mower deck cylinder?

#18 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

Tractorholic

• Member No: 204
  • 173 Thanks
  • 399 posts

Posted April 08, 2017 - 11:53 PM

Yeah glad u found the post.......see the attached pictures.
Yes, the blower lifts with the same cylinder as the center mount deck. The mechanism is pictured above......the spout crank mounts off the side of this same lift mechanism iirc......been a long time since I've had mine installed!
Good luck
  • pappysMF said thank you

#19 pappysMF OFFLINE  

pappysMF
  • 110 Thanks
  • 93 posts

Posted April 09, 2017 - 09:50 AM

Okay, I may be asking you more questions as time goes on. The unit I bought came with no lifting mechanism parts. I'm guessing I will have to fab everything up by hand unless I would get really lucky and find the parts I need.

#20 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

Tractorholic

• 173 Thanks
  • 399 posts

Posted April 09, 2017 - 01:36 PM

Where u located?
If your not far you could use mine as a pattern........might be easier than trying to fabricate from scratch!?
Chances of finding just the parts you need are slim to none unless you buy another whole complete blower......don't think anyone would split up a complete unit!? But I've been wrong before! Lol

#21 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

Tractorholic

• 173 Thanks
  • 399 posts

Posted April 09, 2017 - 01:37 PM

Is that your gp MH 4wd?

#22 pappysMF OFFLINE  

pappysMF
  • 110 Thanks
  • 93 posts

Posted April 09, 2017 - 05:00 PM

I'm in PA, that may be a bit far to travel. My buddy is pretty good at fabricating things up but if we can at least get a general idea of what we would need from you would be a huge help.

Yes, that is my GP.

#23 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

Tractorholic

• 173 Thanks
  • 399 posts

Posted April 09, 2017 - 05:47 PM

Oh yeah.....that would be a road trip there! Lol 😆
If I can be of any assistance just give me a shout!

I'd trade u my blower for that gp if your interested!?
One of those gp's are on my "to own bucket list".......I'd like to have an original rubber version w the fenders and lights like an orchard model.......yours look mint! U restore it?

#24 pappysMF OFFLINE  

pappysMF
  • 110 Thanks
  • 93 posts

Posted April 09, 2017 - 06:19 PM

I will do that, thanks! I'm not sure when we will get to it now that spring has finally arrived but I will def be in contact when we start it.

Your offer is tempting...BUT...this GP will never leave my side. My late Grandfather purchased it over in New Jersey. Then him and my late father restored it in the late 80's. It's been handed down through and is considered the family heirloom so it has a lot of sentimental value, more than money can buy. This one does have the optional battery/electric start but stoppped just short of the light option. We did have the original steel wheels for it but they were stolen soon after my grandfathers estate sale, we thought we had them hidden good enough but apparently not. All I have left is a picture of it on steel.

#25 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

Tractorholic

• 173 Thanks
  • 399 posts

Posted April 09, 2017 - 07:34 PM

I don't blame you, that gp belongs right where it's at in your farmstead......your very fortunate to have such a important piece in history and family history handed down to you!
It's a shame people can't keep their hands to themselves......would been nice to have the steel wheels for it today!
Seems there was a lot more gp's sold out your way verse here in Illinois......wonder why?
It looks awesome......take care of it!

Talk w you later!