• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 michael.kitko OFFLINE  

michael.kitko
  • Member No: 28357
  • 472 Thanks
  • 445 posts

Posted August 09, 2014 - 11:17 AM

So, I was taking a moment to do some thinking on a loader that will work with my front 3 point hitch and I did some searching across the web and came up with this.
e7urebam.jpg
I would like a FEL, but I don't want to lose the versatility of my front 3 PH when I finally get that built and mounted and honestly, I do not see the FEL as being as useful as a front 3 PH in my situation. Long term, I do plan on putting a hydraulic pump to run a hydraulic type PTO on the front hitch that would be running of the engine PTO. I haven't started that build yet, but I am planning on that as soon as I get the hay wagon built. Anyways, I am asking if anyone has any experience in using these or more pictures. Any ideas or thoughts would be helpful. Thank you.
5usaduhy.jpg
qu5ypa6a.jpg

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk
  • boyscout862, twostep and laurarg3 have said thanks

#2 michael.kitko OFFLINE  

michael.kitko
  • 472 Thanks
  • 445 posts

Posted August 09, 2014 - 11:23 AM

Just a thought that I have to write down some where before I forget it. I would like to take this and make it so I can push around my yard sweeper and then when it is full, pick it up and go and dump it in the mini hay wagon I am building.

#3 michael.kitko OFFLINE  

michael.kitko
  • 472 Thanks
  • 445 posts

Posted August 09, 2014 - 11:24 AM

Sorry about posting that in the wrong subject. I recopied it and hid the other one.

#4 boyscout862 ONLINE  

boyscout862
  • Member No: 8923
  • 9,769 Thanks
  • 7,536 posts

Posted August 09, 2014 - 11:47 AM

Since I am a senior citizen, I find attachments on the back are getting harder on my neck. I have two FELs and love them. I also have an old tracked loader that I hope to resurrect soon. I've gotten a lot of work done with them. Good Luck, Rick

• GTTinkerer and michael.kitko have said thanks

#5 michael.kitko OFFLINE  

michael.kitko
  • 472 Thanks
  • 445 posts

Posted August 09, 2014 - 12:27 PM

I think these could also be mounted on the front if I wanted to. That is really why I wanted to look into them. See, here is my thoughts, front loader in the summer for the lawn sweeper with draw bar to pull the trailer and in the winter, shift to front snowblower and rear loader. Just some versatility. I do not like the idea of having to turn backwards the Wolfe time. Good point through.

• boyscout862 said thank you

#6 superaben OFFLINE  

superaben
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 11204
  • 7,664 Thanks
  • 5,677 posts

Posted August 09, 2014 - 02:03 PM

The tractor pictured in the first post is a Fendt, German designed and one of the most advanced tractors they make.  They've made front three point in Europe for many years.  Many Fendts are now coming over here in the states with a front three point, and people are jumping on the bandwagon pretty quick. 

As long as your axle can hold the extra weight, I could see a front three point being a very interesting build to watch and a very handy thing to have!

Ben W.

• boyscout862 and michael.kitko have said thanks

#7 michael.kitko OFFLINE  

michael.kitko
  • 472 Thanks
  • 445 posts

Posted August 09, 2014 - 07:47 PM

You know, I didn't even know about Fendt till just recently. I only found out about them when I started reading some magazines from England on farm tractors. Here is a picture of one loader that Fendt makes for their tractors.
8atu5a8u.jpg
I kinda like the setup...but seen as how this is for a garden tractor, I don't know about the size difference and if it would look weird mounted on my JD 140. I know I would scale it down, but it would be the utility of it. I wonder if it were made, if it would be as strong as a garden tractor FEL.

• Alc said thank you

#8 michael.kitko OFFLINE  

michael.kitko
  • 472 Thanks
  • 445 posts

Posted August 10, 2014 - 06:34 AM

Just a quick question...can I use a hydraulic pump to drive another hydraulic pump to spin a mower deck? Does anyone have any thoughts on how this would be made? This is kind of an example of what I want to build. I wanna make my three point power attachments like this set-up at this website.
http://www.promanpto...ake-off-system/
uploadfromtaptalk1407670075532.jpg

Sent from my CAT B15 smartphone.
  • Alc said thank you

#9 michael.kitko OFFLINE  

michael.kitko
  • 472 Thanks
  • 445 posts

Posted May 25, 2015 - 06:56 AM

Just another picture I found that was kinda cool.

Attached Thumbnails

• swedeloader-1.png

• Alc said thank you

#10 TUDOR OFFLINE  

TUDOR

Tractorholic

• Member No: 915
  • 543 Thanks
  • 497 posts

Posted May 25, 2015 - 03:37 PM

Weights and balances.

With the back hoe on my MF GC2310 SCUT, and the loader off, the front wheels get a lot of air time when the tractor is accelerating, never mind trying to lift any useable load.

All the pics displayed show the 3PH loader on substantial tractors with the mass to counter at least the weight of the loader. How much ballast has been added to the front end to do work is not shown. I also noted that the operator's station on the Fendt swivels 180° for better visibility and function.

My GT carries 400 lb of ballast at all times so that the 450 lb FEL can actually be used for something besides carrying a few groceries. For serious lifting, an additional 200 - 465 lb of ballast is added, most of it on the 3PH.

That 3PH loader is all behind the rear axle while a conventional FEL is more or less balanced on the front axle.

It's a neat attachment, but it won't do anywhere near the work of a conventional FEL on a small tractor.

Edited by TUDOR, May 25, 2015 - 03:38 PM.

• Alc and michael.kitko have said thanks

#11 tater195 ONLINE  

tater195

I dont deny your history..... dont deny mine

• Member No: 62468
  • 1,306 Thanks
  • 935 posts

Posted May 25, 2015 - 03:49 PM

FEL on a 2wd tractor, no matter what size, wont dig good without adding a lot of counter weight. Putting it on the back will help with traction, but you will still need counter weight on the front. I can see that having a big effect on the steering. Unloaded without power steering can be a pain in the butt. I dont think a GT with rack and pinion steering could handle it

• Alc said thank you

#12 TUDOR OFFLINE  

TUDOR

Tractorholic

• 543 Thanks
  • 497 posts

Posted May 25, 2015 - 04:01 PM

Just a quick question...can I use a hydraulic pump to drive another hydraulic pump to spin a mower deck? Does anyone have any thoughts on how this would be made? This is kind of an example of what I want to build. I wanna make my three point power attachments like this set-up at this website.
http://www.promanpto...ake-off-system/
attachicon.gifuploadfromtaptalk1407670075532.jpg

Sent from my CAT B15 smartphone.

Correction, can a hydraulic pump drive a hydraulic motor? Yes.

Is that a good price? No, unless you want a bolt on system with no mods to fit your application.

The bottom 3 pumps on this page have the same capability. If you have the skills and equipment, it's not a big deal to cobble up the mounts and the rest of the system.

In this case, hand control with detents for specific flow rates that meet the requirements of individual hydraulic attachments is better than trying to control flow with a foot while bouncing in the seat. Over speeding lawn mower blades can be detrimental to their health.

Edited by TUDOR, May 25, 2015 - 04:01 PM.

• michael.kitko said thank you

#13 TUDOR OFFLINE  

TUDOR

Tractorholic

• 543 Thanks
  • 497 posts

Posted May 25, 2015 - 04:10 PM

FEL on a 2wd tractor, no matter what size, wont dig good without adding a lot of counter weight. Putting it on the back will help with traction, but you will still need counter weight on the front. I can see that having a big effect on the steering. Unloaded without power steering can be a pain in the butt. I dont think a GT with rack and pinion steering could handle it

No power steering, 2wd, 400 lb of full time ballast, 100 cubic yards of material excavated to a depth of 3'? No problem.

Bobinahole_zps3105ea86.jpg

Loaded tires, 2-link tire chains, and the pump mounting rack behind the seat = 400 lb.

I don't know what you would call it, but I call that "digging good". The bucket weighs 210 lb and is 54" wide.

Edited by TUDOR, May 25, 2015 - 04:14 PM.

• michael.kitko said thank you

#14 michael.kitko OFFLINE  

michael.kitko
  • 472 Thanks
  • 445 posts

Posted May 25, 2015 - 06:23 PM

Correction, can a hydraulic pump drive a hydraulic motor? Yes.

Is that a good price? No, unless you want a bolt on system with no mods to fit your application.

The bottom 3 pumps on this page have the same capability. If you have the skills and equipment, it's not a big deal to cobble up the mounts and the rest of the system.

In this case, hand control with detents for specific flow rates that meet the requirements of individual hydraulic attachments is better than trying to control flow with a foot while bouncing in the seat. Over speeding lawn mower blades can be detrimental to their health.

I didn't think it was a good price. I was going to fab something up. I just didn't want to mess with a PTO shaft. It is good to have someone agree with me that the price is a bit steep. I thought the same when I first read about it. I do like the concept. Good idea on the valves instead of foot control. Thank you.

#15 michael.kitko OFFLINE  

michael.kitko
  • 472 Thanks
  • 445 posts

Posted May 25, 2015 - 06:36 PM

Also, with the note on the FEL, I agree, but it would be more targeted towards helping in moving a 4 cubic yard pile of mulch that the wife buys every year. I would also think it would be good to use in the snow. I don't think I would use it like you guys use your FELs. Besides, it gives me another excuse to buy a bigger machine or build something else. Thanks for the great input. I really do like a good conversation.