• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 alleyyooper OFFLINE  

alleyyooper
  • Member No: 58852
  • 863 Thanks
  • 353 posts

Posted August 09, 2014 - 08:20 AM

Had the hydro drive belt jump off several times in the last month despite my adjusting the tensioner. Decided it was time to stop fooling around so lifted the hood and got the belt number. Turns out to be a 84.25 inch belt. but a 84 I bought works. Wonder if that .25 of an inch is so you buy Simplicity?

this belt isn't a quickie install as you have to unhook the belt tensioner and linkage to remove the old one and install the new one. Would ya know a couple washers dropped to the floor and decided to roll off into the neither land so I have to hunt them up or find replacements.

Second drive belt on this 26 year old tractor that had just mowed grass pulled the lawn roller, a sweeper and the yard cart.

:D   Al

• tinbender7 said thank you

#2 Bolens 1000 OFFLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,681 Thanks
  • 17,202 posts

Posted August 09, 2014 - 08:25 AM

Many manufactures have special size belts that fit their applications. Some are made of special material and can be a special groove as well. Sometimes you can get lucky with a standard belt and other times not.

#3 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,626 Thanks
  • 29,836 posts

Posted August 09, 2014 - 08:40 AM

Yes, may times the belt V angles are special to their brand belt, and yes, it's so you get your belts from them.  Usually a standard belt will work, but sometimes the belt wear will be accelerated.