2 replies to this topic

#1 Walkinman1 OFFLINE  

Walkinman1
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 34918
  • 713 Thanks
  • 552 posts

Posted August 08, 2014 - 05:57 PM

Hey guys, I feel a little guilty being on here asking for help when I haven't had time to be on here contributing to anything but my life is in a bit of an upheaval right now and I do need some help so here goes:

I picked up a White GT1650  (same thing as a 990 which is why I posted in here, I want as much visibility as possible) and I'm having some self-induced hydrostatic problems.

It worked just fine when I got it but the input shaft seal (charge pump shaft seal) was leaking and the bushing was worn.  Not thinking anything of it I grabbed the charge pump off of another Eaton 11 that I have that came out of a Jacobsen and slapped it on.  Didn't work.  Did some looking and realized the White's pump spins clockwise and the Jacobsen's spun counter-clockwise.  Stupid me.  

Fast forward a few days, new bushing and seal came in, installed them and put the original charge pump back on.  New filter, new fluid, nothing at all happens.  The lift ram doesn't move and the trans doesn't work.  Did some checking and find out that the charge pump isn't actually putting any fluid out.  I'm beyond stumped.  Provided I'm looking at it correctly that is.  The large lower hose that come out of the front of the diff housing is the feed line, correct?  The smaller line on top of the charge pump would then be the output...?   The feed line seems to be flowing freely but still no fluid out of the top line whatsoever.  

I reassembled everything inside the charge pump exactly as it came apart and there really wasn't even that much as I only removed the "cover".  My only thought is that perhaps I destroyed something by running the engine with the wrong charge pump installed?  That would've run things dry as it simply wasn't pumping any fluid but I don't know how much I may have damaged by doing that.  

Hopefully someone will have some words of wisdom for me as I'm at my wit's end on this thing.

#2 New.Canadian.DB.Owner OFFLINE  

New.Canadian.DB.Owner
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10178
  • 2,224 Thanks
  • 1,451 posts

Posted August 08, 2014 - 07:40 PM

Is there fluid at the input line to the charge pump?  Maybe you air-locked the line when you ran it backwards.

• boyscout862 said thank you

#3 Walkinman1 OFFLINE  

Walkinman1
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 34918
  • 713 Thanks
  • 552 posts

Posted August 11, 2014 - 07:56 AM

Yes, I do. I cracked that line at the charge pump and I do get fluid there, just not at the charge pump outlet.