4 replies to this topic

#1 SNUFFY OFFLINE  

SNUFFY
  • Member No: 47170
  • 184 Thanks
  • 267 posts

Posted August 08, 2014 - 11:59 AM

I got the Gravely home  today and

it`s a little smaller than I thought it would be....

The engine has the "patina " to match the rest of the tractor and I can see a spin on filter.... a little green moldy look in the crevices and corners of the engine and other places but other than the fuel tank seems  to all be there. I`ll try to get some pics when the sun comes out again. May be a while according to the weather girl.

The numbers on the tag are LI and  M83566 and I think an F- 6692. Anyplace I can trace the numbers out to get the year and stuff ??

any thoughts on this particular Model ?? Things I need to know ??

Edited by SNUFFY, August 08, 2014 - 12:01 PM.

• sacsr said thank you

#2 Gtractor ONLINE  

Gtractor

The Tractor Hoarder

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 782
  • 6,612 Thanks
  • 3,912 posts

Posted August 08, 2014 - 10:03 PM

That number checks out to be a 1962.   It would have the slanted spark plug and be 6.6 horsepower,  rated at the PTO shaft AFTER the tranny. 

Don't worry about the size,  they are built good and tough!  :thumbs:

• Alc said thank you

#3 SNUFFY OFFLINE  

SNUFFY
  • Member No: 47170
  • 184 Thanks
  • 267 posts

Posted August 10, 2014 - 07:59 AM

yes it does have the slanted plug...so how hard are engine parts to come by if needed?? Spins good by hand and only thing missing is the gas tank that I can see right now .

Know of any good suppliers of the new and used parts down in the eastern part of the country ...I`m in east tn??

#4 coldone OFFLINE  

coldone

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 839
  • 1,631 Thanks
  • 1,668 posts

Posted August 10, 2014 - 01:15 PM

Google "richard lawn and garden" in WV. He has everything you need.

#5 PaulL OFFLINE  

PaulL
  • Member No: 49081
  • 111 Thanks
  • 68 posts

Posted August 18, 2014 - 12:26 AM

The LI is the Intermediate speed Model L.  A little slower than a straight Model L and preferred for most tasks.  You can get manuals and parts lists here:  http://www.gravelytr...behind-tractors  As stated, Richards Lawn and Garden is a good source for new parts.  Look at the .pdf catalog on their website.  New/used parts also are abundant on ebay.  There is also the annual Mow-In and local swap meets at tractor shows where parts show up.  That model will accept a great number of 4-bolt attachments - mowers, plows, cultivators, snowblowers, etc.  There is a Gravely forum on this website that covers both walk behinds and riders.  You will probably find more walk behind Gravely folks there than in the general Walk Behind forum.

Paul L

1950 L, 1954 L, 1968 Comm 10a, 1969 C8, 1971 C8, 1984 5665

1967 430, 1969 432