Attached Thumbnails

• simp_725.jpg

• Bill56, boyscout862 and New.Canadian.DB.Owner have said thanks

#2 boyscout862 OFFLINE  

• Member No: 8923
  • 9,523 Thanks
  • 7,383 posts

Posted August 08, 2014 - 05:54 AM

Its 2 hours from me, if it was closer I'd go for it. He painted it the wrong color. Thats a MW Garden Squire. There are some people that are looking for those. No spark plug worries me. Good Luck, Rick

#3 motobreeder OFFLINE  

• Contributor
  • Member No: 3989
  • 425 Thanks
  • 611 posts

Posted August 08, 2014 - 09:21 AM

Advertized as 1950s.  If I recall my earlier research on the squires, I believe the taller stearing column and bent shift lever is 1963?

Also, IIRC, the motor should be the same colour as the tractor (same red/orange as the gas tank).

Sear appears to be missing (not mentioned?)

But - it has the rear lift and the shift lever doesn't appear to be worn out.  If the BGB is in good shape and the motor has compression, might be worth most of the asking price.

• boyscout862 said thank you

#4 Talntedmrgreen OFFLINE  

Simplicity Enthusiast

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8186
  • 3,052 Thanks
  • 2,167 posts

Posted August 14, 2014 - 03:05 PM

Nice parts machine, or starter for reassembly.  I wouldn't put any faith in the engine either...if it's good, it's a bonus.  I think he's tall on his price for a nonrunner, missing parts, which is probably why it's still listed.  Paint can hide decay, but the steel looks pretty darn straight.  

When this had popped up, I emailed him right away offering to buy those darn snowcab mounts on the footrests...I can't seem to get ahold of one.  He was not inclined to 'part it out', despite the fact that it appears he has already begun to do so.  He wants $200 for a $100 tractor, and I offered him $50 for brackets that would fit in a bubble mailer and noone else can even use, but no dice.