• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Tim Bergfeld OFFLINE  

Tim Bergfeld
  • Member No: 60783
  • 218 Thanks
  • 449 posts

Posted August 06, 2014 - 01:10 PM

I have a guy that has two b10 tractors they both do not run he told me one is shot or as he put it week smokes when he picked it up now won't start they both have decks but not sure if they are working and both have blades one is a simplicity not that that matters

ytuny2yh.jpg

7uguqaza.jpg

ne3apysy.jpg

rajy9a9u.jpg

a2yry5aj.jpg

6ysa6ygu.jpg

What should I offer he wants six hundred I am not seeing it am I way off base to think four is more like it
  • MH81 said thank you

#2 Talntedmrgreen OFFLINE  

Talntedmrgreen

Simplicity Enthusiast

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8186
  • 3,059 Thanks
  • 2,174 posts

Posted August 06, 2014 - 02:01 PM

nonrunners don't fetch $300 apiece, so you're thinking closer to right.  I couldn't put $200 into each, personally.  Decks are negligible unless you have the deep desire to collect them.  I can't get rid of them.  I'd say maybe $15-$175 for the original one, less for the repaint.  Maybe $30 per dozer.  Wheel weights are $100/pair all day, every day.

• TomLGT195 said thank you

#3 TAHOE OFFLINE  

TAHOE
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 24522
  • 6,479 Thanks
  • 4,937 posts

Posted August 06, 2014 - 03:19 PM

nonrunners don't fetch $300 apiece, so you're thinking closer to right.  I couldn't put $200 into each, personally.  Decks are negligible unless you have the deep desire to collect them.  I can't get rid of them.  I'd say maybe $15-$175 for the original one, less for the repaint.  Maybe $30 per dozer.  Wheel weights are $100/pair all day, every day.

Man, wished I could find some wheel weights down my way for that, people think they are gold filled down here.

I would say 150-200 for non runners also.

• Talntedmrgreen said thank you

#4 Tim Bergfeld OFFLINE  

Tim Bergfeld
  • 218 Thanks
  • 449 posts

Posted August 06, 2014 - 05:07 PM

Lol this guy told me I was effn weird because I would not do five hundred with the wheel weights and drive all the way to Akron Ohio to get them. I live in Cincinnati I thought I was being nice at four hundred
  • MH81 said thank you

#5 Tim Bergfeld OFFLINE  

Tim Bergfeld
  • 218 Thanks
  • 449 posts

Posted August 06, 2014 - 05:16 PM

What about this one are the big tens any better than the b10 from a value standpoint

2agytuzu.jpg

emyjahy7.jpg

a9eregah.jpg

vuty3e7y.jpg

#6 EricFromPa OFFLINE  

EricFromPa

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 2135
  • 2,287 Thanks
  • 2,326 posts

Posted August 06, 2014 - 05:36 PM

That B10 looks like a nice original GT.I would be happy to own it.

The Big 10 looks like a $400-$500 machine but be careful and check it out.

That muffler is a bit on the small side.I think they are rated up to 8hp.Reason Im saying this is that if it's to constricted it will Burn the valves and rings out of it.

I adapted a 3.5hp screw in muffler on a 5hp briggs and it ran but it ended up killing the engine.It overheated the valves,blew the head gasket and cooked the rings out of it.

The engine smoked a bit and was off of a small Generator with tapered shaft so it was pretty much usless anyway.

#7 petrj6 OFFLINE  

petrj6
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 53717
  • 3,805 Thanks
  • 2,216 posts

Posted August 06, 2014 - 08:05 PM

Big ten and b-10 are pretty much the same thing other than the tin, They say the big ten's are rare, not sure about that.  Others on here will know better about that.  I have a big ten and love it, great machine.  That big ten looks in really nice cond, I would say $400 would be a good price as long as it runs and drives ok, check the bevel gear box and rear end for excessive play.

Pete

#8 Tim Bergfeld OFFLINE  

Tim Bergfeld
  • 218 Thanks
  • 449 posts

Posted August 06, 2014 - 10:52 PM

I thought they were real close who is the expert allis guy around here lol

#9 Talntedmrgreen OFFLINE  

Talntedmrgreen

Simplicity Enthusiast

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,059 Thanks
  • 2,174 posts

Posted August 07, 2014 - 05:29 AM

Man, wished I could find some wheel weights down my way for that, people think they are gold filled down here.

I would say 150-200 for non runners also.

Ive never asked more than $100 for a pair of oem weights, which seems like the average...and they ship anywhere for $13. I could spare a set if you like.

#10 Talntedmrgreen OFFLINE  

Talntedmrgreen

Simplicity Enthusiast

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,059 Thanks
  • 2,174 posts

Posted August 07, 2014 - 05:36 AM

The Big Ten and B-10 share identical sheetmetal. The Big Ten is the same tractor as the late B-10, and varies only slightly from the early B-10 (steering gears, engine, minor differences in clutch/brake etc).

The Big Ten is a one year tractor and is the only model that doesnt carry the "B" prefix. Some folks find them a touch more interesting but I dont see them valued higher than the others.

That one looks good but has been repainted, most likely in Old Cat Yellow....its a much richer yellow than oem. That is a red flag for me....just needs a closer look...because most repaints are either hiding excessive wear and abuse or are a terrible sloppy mess. I have bought some as a gamble, to find out upon pickup that they were painted with a brush...a BRUSH! These are abundant enough that a guy with patience can find a very well kept original or nicely refinished tractor for $400.

#11 TAHOE OFFLINE  

TAHOE
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 24522
  • 6,479 Thanks
  • 4,937 posts

Posted August 07, 2014 - 08:17 AM

Lol this guy told me I was effn weird because I would not do five hundred with the wheel weights and drive all the way to Akron Ohio to get them. I live in Cincinnati I thought I was being nice at four hundred

Hidee Ho  neighbor, :wave:  I'm in Hamitucky!

Ive never asked more than $100 for a pair of oem weights, which seems like the average...and they ship anywhere for $13. I could spare a set if you like.

Wow, thanks for the offer. The AC project is a long time off and I have my Sears weighted down already so I am good for a bit.....and no spare toy money, getting tranny in Tahoe rebuilt :wallbanging:  

#12 Tim Bergfeld OFFLINE  

Tim Bergfeld
  • 218 Thanks
  • 449 posts

Posted August 07, 2014 - 09:03 AM

Well howdy neighbor