• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 NJKen OFFLINE  

NJKen
  • Member No: 9515
  • 1,359 Thanks
  • 1,284 posts

Posted August 04, 2014 - 08:41 PM

I only bought two of these fuel pumps about a year ago. And just last night I installed one on the HT-23 with the bad one. It was leaking fuel into the engine. I fixed it temporally by installing a in line shut off, but it was often forgotten.

Oil started to be over full again and smelling like gas, so it was time before I changed the oil again.

It's done and works fantastic. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407202573.349887.jpg

BUT while I was working on it I decided to change the positive battery cable, had a brand new one on the shelf. Went to change that and the post on the solenoid was stripped out. I only had a used one which turns out doesn't work. It's all back together but I need to jump the solenoid with a screwdriver till I get a new one.

Anyone know of a good replacement that fits ? The Kohler brand ones on eBay are crazy priced. It's a 3 wire solenoid. I'd rather not use a pos Chinese one. But I don't want to pay 50 bucks either. Any options ?

Thanks

#2 NJKen OFFLINE  

NJKen
  • 1,359 Thanks
  • 1,284 posts

Posted August 04, 2014 - 08:56 PM

Never mind on the solenoid. Just bought one on eBay. http://www.ebay.com/itm/301258667995 $17.95 & free shipping. Genuine Kohler too.
  • Alc said thank you

#3 wilberj ONLINE  

wilberj
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 51
  • 4,183 Thanks
  • 5,209 posts

Posted August 04, 2014 - 09:46 PM

You can get that solenoid at most carparts stores.

#4 NJKen OFFLINE  

NJKen
  • 1,359 Thanks
  • 1,284 posts

Posted August 05, 2014 - 10:44 AM

You can get that solenoid at most carparts stores.

Sadly we don't have many decent parts stores around here anymore. But we have an auto zone and advanced auto on every corner. All the mom & pop places are pretty much gone. I don't like to buy from advanced or the zone unless I have to.

We do have a Napa but they don't often give decent prices. The counter guys aren't real smart either. Lol
  • wilberj said thank you

#5 Bud W OFFLINE  

Bud W

• Contributor
  • Member No: 2359
  • 228 Thanks
  • 217 posts

Posted August 05, 2014 - 11:37 AM

Yeah, I put one of those Facet pumps on one of my 1886's and it also works great.