• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 engineguy63 OFFLINE  

engineguy63
  • Member No: 59522
  • 71 Thanks
  • 49 posts

Posted August 04, 2014 - 07:30 PM

well, along with my original condition t75, came a pile of parts....actually turns out it is a complete panzer......less engine. Going by the dash...it has a gauge for battery and a button for electric start On a previous post someone mentioned  it would have originally had a Koehler with starter generator. I know they can be pretty pricey to find....although I see a few JD 110 at shows that I can buy cheap, and they could be a kohler donator, but, my nice original t75 came with a spare briggs engine. (one was rebuilt while the other was worked REAL HARD!) If I find a t75 briggs type dash without the gauge and push button......is that all I need to convert my apart T758es to a standard t75? The engine mount is already drilled for both engines so I assume it came that way.....but 50 years later...who knows. Since I already have a spare briggs engine....and a dash has to be a lot less than a kohler engine this seamed like a good idea. The only other consideration is that the grill has Pennsylvania panzer cast into it, I don't know weather that was specific to certain engines...or, just another variation. Because of financial reasons I would rather put it together with the briggs I have....IF it can be made correct. What do we think....................................p.s., I know I am over thinking it ..........but that's what I do. 

Attached Thumbnails

• DSC03604.JPG
  • DSC03606.JPG

• boyscout862 and panzersarebest have said thanks

#2 bread320i OFFLINE  

bread320i
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 416
  • 593 Thanks
  • 1,220 posts

Posted August 04, 2014 - 08:00 PM

I suggest you wait and find the engine you need.

You will find what you need. Many tractors used this engine.

Edited by bread320i, August 05, 2014 - 09:35 PM.

#3 panzersarebest OFFLINE  

panzersarebest
  • Member No: 36584
  • 523 Thanks
  • 407 posts

Posted August 04, 2014 - 08:04 PM

The grill has pennsylvania Panzer cast into it. For it to be a T75 the Panzer is not suppose to be cast in it, I think it was a sticker not many of them still have the sticker.

Edited by panzersarebest, August 04, 2014 - 08:04 PM.

#4 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,737 Thanks
  • 7,695 posts

Posted August 04, 2014 - 08:20 PM

With enough money anything can.

#5 stiemmy ONLINE  

stiemmy
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 53712
  • 1,296 Thanks
  • 1,096 posts

Posted August 05, 2014 - 05:32 PM

well, along with my original condition t75, came a pile of parts....actually turns out it is a complete panzer......less engine. Going by the dash...it has a gauge for battery and a button for electric start On a previous post someone mentioned it would have originally had a Koehler with starter generator. I know they can be pretty pricey to find....although I see a few JD 110 at shows that I can buy cheap, and they could be a kohler donator, but, my nice original t75 came with a spare briggs engine. (one was rebuilt while the other was worked REAL HARD!) If I find a t75 briggs type dash without the gauge and push button......is that all I need to convert my apart T758es to a standard t75? The engine mount is already drilled for both engines so I assume it came that way.....but 50 years later...who knows. Since I already have a spare briggs engine....and a dash has to be a lot less than a kohler engine this seamed like a good idea. The only other consideration is that the grill has Pennsylvania panzer cast into it, I don't know weather that was specific to certain engines...or, just another variation. Because of financial reasons I would rather put it together with the briggs I have....IF it can be made correct. What do we think....................................p.s., I know I am over thinking it ..........but that's what I do.

I was told by another member here Chris11, that in ladder years, they had those holes punched in them no matter if they had electric start, or not. My Penny Panzer is a T75 (NON electric), and has the provisions for the start, and gauge. Yes, I know the picture shows one in there, BUT that was from a PO. Hope this helps a little???

Attached Thumbnails

• IMAG1533.jpg
  • IMAG1534.jpg

Edited by stiemmy, August 05, 2014 - 05:33 PM.

• panzersarebest said thank you

#6 Panzerguy OFFLINE  

Panzerguy
  • Member No: 53940
  • 650 Thanks
  • 391 posts

Posted August 05, 2014 - 07:31 PM

Yeah - the freebie T-758 I recently put back together already had the extra holes in the motor mount plate. I'm thinking they must have done this at the factory to cut down on the number of plates needed for production. At first, I thought it might have been done by some backyard mechanic - like us :wave: .

#7 Panzerguy OFFLINE  

Panzerguy
  • Member No: 53940
  • 650 Thanks
  • 391 posts

Posted August 05, 2014 - 07:39 PM

well, along with my original condition t75, came a pile of parts....actually turns out it is a complete panzer......less engine. Going by the dash...it has a gauge for battery and a button for electric start On a previous post someone mentioned  it would have originally had a Koehler with starter generator. I know they can be pretty pricey to find....although I see a few JD 110 at shows that I can buy cheap, and they could be a kohler donator, but, my nice original t75 came with a spare briggs engine. (one was rebuilt while the other was worked REAL HARD!) If I find a t75 briggs type dash without the gauge and push button......is that all I need to convert my apart T758es to a standard t75? The engine mount is already drilled for both engines so I assume it came that way.....but 50 years later...who knows. Since I already have a spare briggs engine....and a dash has to be a lot less than a kohler engine this seamed like a good idea. The only other consideration is that the grill has Pennsylvania panzer cast into it, I don't know weather that was specific to certain engines...or, just another variation. Because of financial reasons I would rather put it together with the briggs I have....IF it can be made correct. What do we think....................................p.s., I know I am over thinking it ..........but that's what I do. 

Sheesh - talk about an exploded view :smilewink:

#8 Gtractor ONLINE  

Gtractor

The Tractor Hoarder

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 782
  • 6,597 Thanks
  • 3,906 posts

Posted August 05, 2014 - 08:20 PM

My T75 has a rope start Briggs and it has the key switch in the dash and also the hole for the amp gauge with a factory plug blocking the hole.  I know the complete history on this one and it came to me unmodified and bone stock.

#9 bread320i OFFLINE  

bread320i
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 416
  • 593 Thanks
  • 1,220 posts

Posted August 05, 2014 - 09:35 PM

My T75 has a rope start Briggs and it has the key switch in the dash and also the hole for the amp gauge with a factory plug blocking the hole.  I know the complete history on this one and it came to me unmodified and bone stock.

My T75 is the same way

#10 engineguy63 OFFLINE  

engineguy63
  • Member No: 59522
  • 71 Thanks
  • 49 posts

Posted August 06, 2014 - 06:24 AM

Well, I guess maybe I will block the holes with plugs.....and put in the 170402 that I have.........it will be CLOSE to correct anyway. Maybe get a kohler later...when I get some $$ together................. maybe. In the mean time.........it will be good enough.