32 replies to this topic

#31 Bill56 OFFLINE  

Bill56

Tractorholic

• Member No: 60
  • 839 Thanks
  • 2,179 posts

Posted September 07, 2014 - 10:36 PM

Weather has been pretty hot, and not much time to play, so I haven't gotten to do much "tinkering" lately. Hoping to get to my mom's place,this week, and give the tractor/ mower it's first long run test. Hopefully I can get the job done without a breakdown! At least I may have enough seat time to learn how to steer and shift a Simplicity... Climbed into the wife's flower bed and nearly put a wheel barrow handle through the grill when I mowed my own small yard! Doesn't help that 3rd gear position is where I'm used to having reverse!!! That right footed clutch doesn't help when you go into emergency stop mode either!!! And remembering that right side discharge... well let's just say my yard has several circular stripes when I'm done mowing!

#32 skunkhome OFFLINE  

skunkhome

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8044
  • 322 Thanks
  • 455 posts

Posted September 08, 2014 - 03:11 PM

I know the right hand clutch and left hand discharge can be a problem if you are used to about 99% of all tractors out there. Anything else to me feels strange as most of the tractors I have driven over the last 52 years have been left hand discharge and all have had right hand foot controls.
  • Bill56 said thank you

#33 Bill56 OFFLINE  

Bill56

Tractorholic

• Member No: 60
  • 839 Thanks
  • 2,179 posts

Posted September 10, 2014 - 07:52 PM

Being left handed, myself, was one of the reasons I bought this "left handed mower"... Sort of a uniqueness thing, I guess. Wouldn't mind having another one in the collection... someday!