• This topic is locked This topic is locked
36 replies to this topic

#16 Lmiller3358 OFFLINE  

Lmiller3358

• Member No: 5109
  • 1,401 Thanks
  • 1,369 posts

Posted August 04, 2014 - 03:57 PM

Do you think these are the same people that caused Proctor and Gamble to have to add the warning to the Preparation H tube - "Do not take internally" ? 

Now you you tell us ,,,, :rolling:

• trowel and WNYTractorTinkerer have said thanks

#17 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 36,887 Thanks
  • 30,152 posts

Posted August 04, 2014 - 05:03 PM

I am man enough to admit I've been guilty of doing some of these dumb things in my life, BUT I've never ever had a desire to ingest Preparation H !!  :rolling:

• Bill56, grnspot110, Lmiller3358 and 2 others have said thanks

#18 johndeereelfman OFFLINE  

johndeereelfman

Elfin Majic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 3761
  • 5,559 Thanks
  • 2,555 posts

Posted August 04, 2014 - 05:44 PM

Can you imagine what it was like for the poor guy that did use it internally? Probably couldn't suck a jelly bean through his lips! 

• olcowhand, Bill56, MH81 and 3 others have said thanks

#19 trowel OFFLINE  

trowel

Summer.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5127
  • 4,820 Thanks
  • 4,533 posts

Posted August 04, 2014 - 06:01 PM

Can you imagine what it was like for the poor guy that did use it internally? Probably couldn't suck a jelly bean through his lips! 

:bigrofl:

Mistakes is one thing and can never be ''fixed'' but you guys have got to remember, common sense his son pride, daughter honor and wife dignity was killed a while ago, stupid and his girlfriend dumb (blond) ran them over with a John Deere 110 round fender and then dumb finished off honor with a Bolens 1880  as she was crawling away, now stupid and dumb is breeding like rabbits and running wild and unrestricted right now.

Disclaimer : * no John Deers or Bolens were injured during the murder, both were stolen and is safely hidden until further notice *

• Bolens 1000, olcowhand, johndeereelfman and 1 other said thanks

#20 LilysDad ONLINE  

LilysDad

Crazy about GTTalk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10443
  • 10,759 Thanks
  • 8,267 posts

Posted August 04, 2014 - 07:16 PM

Can anyone give me a definition of common sense? Everyone talks about it, but what is it? I'm sure that some of the people I've heard talk about it, don't have it.( Present company excluded!) How did you that have it, get it? Were you born with it? Did you learn it in school? Did your old man beat it into you?

Edited by LilysDad, August 04, 2014 - 07:19 PM.

• trowel, boyscout862, WNYTractorTinkerer and 1 other said thanks

#21 Bmerf OFFLINE  

Bmerf

Patina Farmer / Rust Collector

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 9846
  • 1,763 Thanks
  • 1,464 posts

Posted August 04, 2014 - 07:34 PM

Can anyone give me a definition of common sense? Everyone talks about it, but what is it? I'm sure that some of the people I've heard talk about it, don't have it.( Present company excluded!) How did you that have it, get it? Were you born with it? Did you learn it in school? Did your old man beat it into you?

Here's a few: http://www.urbandict...rm=common sense

I especially like 2-1;

Something the general populous of Earth lacks.
And 14-2;

A form of knowledge used by a now currently extinct, species of human known as Intelligent Individuals (or smart peoplez).

• MH81, lyall, trowel and 1 other said thanks

#22 alleyyooper OFFLINE  

alleyyooper
  • Member No: 58852
  • 888 Thanks
  • 382 posts

Posted August 05, 2014 - 04:39 AM

My dad just told me to be careful of machinery many many years ago. I just automatically shut things OFF when I have to work on it.

I have also seen first hand what happens to the stupid that thought they would save a second not shutting stuff down to repair it.

Dads friend was combining wheat back in the mid 1950's and the apron on the Massey Clipper combine stopped taking the grain. He is on a hill so kicked his Massey 30 out of gear set the brake then got off being careful of the PTO still running.  Goes to where he is in front of the sickle bar and starts tugging on the apron to get it to move. Brake let go on the tractor and it takes off down the hill. Took 137 stiches to close up the cuts on his leg and he was lucky that there was a up hill at the bottom of that down hill and not a tree line.

Dads brother is picking corn in late 1950's with a old JD A and a New Idea corn picker. The elevator is hung up so uncle takes the JD out of gear on a flat spot. Jumps up in the wagon grabs the chain in the elevator and tugs chain takes off but grabbed his glove taking his fingers right thru the gear cutting two fingers off mashing two others they saved and  breaking his wrist.

I told my daughter once after she did some thing stupid that collage educated people loose anyu common sense they ever had.

:rocker2: Next safety feather on a lawn tractor is going to be a weight sensor on the seat. Shame on you if you gain 10 pounds you won't be able to start your tractor till you loose the 10 pounds or take the tractor to the dealer for a new seat set for that 10 pounds of extra weight. :firejumper:

:D   Al

• boyscout862 said thank you

#23 WHdbJD OFFLINE  

WHdbJD

• Member No: 8367
  • 634 Thanks
  • 481 posts

Posted August 05, 2014 - 05:00 AM

Here's a scary thought....

"Think about how stupid the average person is, then realize half of them are stupider than that!"

George Carlin

• Alc, motobreeder, boyscout862 and 2 others have said thanks

#24 johndeereelfman OFFLINE  

johndeereelfman

Elfin Majic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 3761
  • 5,559 Thanks
  • 2,555 posts

Posted August 05, 2014 - 11:46 AM

Can anyone give me a definition of common sense? Everyone talks about it, but what is it? 

To me, common sense is a penny, nickel, dime and quarter! Add these all up and you get 41 cents. As long as your I.Q. level is greater than 41, then you have nothing to worry about as far as stupidity!  :smilewink:

• Bolens 1000 and Lmiller3358 have said thanks

#25 WNYTractorTinkerer ONLINE  

WNYTractorTinkerer

Tinker Master

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 10789
  • 8,882 Thanks
  • 4,926 posts

Posted August 05, 2014 - 12:53 PM

I fear that 'Common Sense' just isn't too common anymore!

• boyscout862 said thank you

#26 ol' stonebreaker OFFLINE  

ol' stonebreaker
  • Member No: 12515
  • 1,507 Thanks
  • 1,078 posts

Posted August 13, 2014 - 06:00 PM

The stupid ones go thru the school of hard knocks but forget all the lessons. Experience is a hard teacher but you remember all the lessons. The lady who tied off the engine brake handle even after losing the end of her thumb should be the poster child for stupid!!
Mike
  • petrj6 said thank you

#27 trowel OFFLINE  

trowel

Summer.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5127
  • 4,820 Thanks
  • 4,533 posts

Posted August 17, 2014 - 06:30 AM

Stupid comes as stupid goes, the smart ones recognizes it is stupid and tried to deal with it in the best way possible so the outcome is as good as can be, sometimes this requires sheer will and/or self sacrifice.

Ignorancy on all levels of intellect, even the smartest man/women can be ignorance to the simplest things in life but the type that damages and hurts with no regards are the ones that use to be controled much like you would the common dog, kept simple and happy but when spoiled goes completely out of control, it brings to mind the phrase, once it bites it will always bite. With that in mind it use to be if the dog bite someone it was put down immediately, the same with children, he/she was reprimanded immediately at a level many now consider too harsh, you see, ignorance to the fact we all are ''dogs'' that require a strong pack leader, not one that tries to understands everything allowing emotions to dictate everything and we are remanded to like you would the dog shelters for abused and mistreated dog, onces it's damaged, it's for life.

A well trained horse that lives with us Marty when sold to a family was cross tied and beat until her left eye became blue, i could ascertain it was due to nothing more then stupitidy, now rendered useless it was put up for sale,now you ask why would we bring home a damaged horse ? natually i would dig a hole, lead it to the hole, .357 though the eye, roll it in, cover and be done with it, save everyone else and the horse further pains due to someone's total stupidity, same with dogs.

Harsh ? depends on who's asking and why, ever hear a horse scream before, sticks with you for life.

As for Marty, we had a trick up our sleeves, Dixie Bell, a pure bred Tenn Walker, if i can't put my hands on Marty, Dixie will train her for us, took a long time but she came around and is set to pasture with the ponies, Dixie's qualities still shows within her long after she was remanded to god's care. Goes to show sometimes even stupid actions can be overcome and a life preserved. Soon she will see the .357 when age and the PTSD catches up with her but at least she has had peace and quiet under our hands, 0 for 36 now.

We are too soft now and unable to make the right choices as a whole, can't hurt anyone's feeling now even if it is right you have to be wrong or the wrath be brought down onto you seeing as society prefers to live a life of lies now in the ''feel good'' era.

Today is the day we bury a very brave man who fought cancer for years before it finally took him, there is no ''feel good'' here, just reality, it is called life, after watching several close family members die brutal deaths it becomes hard to look at the young ones living a life of lies and fantasies and see how stupid and lost they are becoming, even in the era when just about anything can be had right now and learned so easy they continue to become so self aware, self centered and sextually preverted to the point it baffles us beyond disbelief.

Ok, im done for now.

• Bill56, MH81, Alc and 2 others have said thanks

#28 LilysDad ONLINE  

LilysDad

Crazy about GTTalk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10443
  • 10,759 Thanks
  • 8,267 posts

Posted August 17, 2014 - 10:05 AM

How do you all feel about retarded folks? Ya' know, half of all people are below average intelligence. Some people need slapped that know better. Other folks need a hand that don't.

#29 petrj6 ONLINE  

petrj6
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 53717
  • 3,985 Thanks
  • 2,320 posts

Posted August 17, 2014 - 11:09 AM

I don't know what to say here other than repeat what was already said once before, we have all done stupid things!!!!  No one is innocent :thumbs:  My father took his finger of in a snow blower when I was little and he is a very intelligent man, I have seen that stub my whole life.  Two winters ago my snow blower kept getting plugged up with the heavy snow, being a single stage blower I wont even let my daughter out of the house when I am running it.  Well after the third or fourth time I was getting frustrated with it, I shut the clutch of and started to unplug the chute, never gave the auger time to slow down and stop. stuck my hand down in there and got my middle finger a good one.  I was honestly terrified to take the glove of, thought I took the finger rite of, turned out to be not that bad, bruised up pretty good and had a big dent in it for a few weeks but otherwise ok.

The trick is to learn from your mistakes, the stupid ones don't learn.  Used to be natural selection, now we have safety this and that and life saving this and that to keep the stupid ones around for a little while longer.  Probably explains why all the old timers from the 50's and 60's  are so much smarter, all the stupid ones were killed off and the ones that survived remembered their mistakes :D.

Pete

• Bill56, trowel and New.Canadian.DB.Owner have said thanks

#30 ol' stonebreaker OFFLINE  

ol' stonebreaker
  • Member No: 12515
  • 1,507 Thanks
  • 1,078 posts

Posted August 17, 2014 - 09:27 PM

I've always said ignorance can be educated, stupid can't.

Mike