trowel

Summer.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5127
  • 4,819 Thanks
  • 4,533 posts

Posted August 15, 2014 - 05:42 PM

Try this,

run the fuel tank to about dry, one gallon fuel can full of diesel, add one table spoon of regular gas, mow until almost empty, one gallon can of diesel again, two table spoons of non sinthetic tranny fluid, mow again until almost empty.

See what that does.

• Cvans said thank you

#18 Cvans ONLINE  

Cvans

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5412
  • 4,483 Thanks
  • 5,013 posts

Posted August 15, 2014 - 09:54 PM

OK Jesse, I might give that a try in one of my diesels. Have you tried this before?

• trowel said thank you

#19 trowel OFFLINE  

trowel

Summer.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5127
  • 4,819 Thanks
  • 4,533 posts

Posted August 15, 2014 - 10:23 PM

Depending on how much the engine is used, once a year, the gas cleans the lines, injector and helps blows the carbon off the head and cylinder, water is another treatment i use for diesels that show signs of carbon build up (coking), long run gensets, pumps and APU, diesel and gas receive this, sometimes it works so the engine does not have to be dissasembled and de-coked.

Remove air cleaner, run engine above idle, spray some clean water mist into the intake manifold, you hear the engine dip, stop and let it run a min, do it a few times. Some black oily carbon should exit the exhaust pipe.

The non sinthetic tanny fluid is a octane booster and pump/injector lubricant, reduces the pump chatter and wear, all my diesels feeding on ultra low sulfur crap get the tranny fluid regularly.

The blended off road red kero, depending on the blend amounts and anti gelling additives and off road diesel additives.

• Alc and Cvans have said thanks

#20 Jehtro OFFLINE  

Jehtro

Tractorholic

• Member No: 3300
  • 109 Thanks
  • 276 posts

Posted October 24, 2014 - 11:00 AM

Haven't been on in awhile, but I thought I would post an update on this,

I did figure this out, my father helped and I think we got it.

This machine has an electric fuel shut off solenoid, with 2 grounds, so during starting it would open the fuel as its should and stays open, then once it was running it would close off. But the adjustment was out just enough to allow some fuel to go through and keep running. It switches to the other ground when running, I guess that ground is tied to the safety interlock. I think was working intermittently.

Kinda of a bugger of a setup, but we de-installed the electric solenoid and the smoke and behaviour went away. I think theres a bad ground somewhere in the safety interlock. I've been manually shutting down the fuel for a 2 months, and its been running great. Winter project to find the bad wire.

Edited by Jehtro, October 24, 2014 - 11:03 AM.

• olcowhand said thank you

#21 Cvans ONLINE  

Cvans

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5412
  • 4,483 Thanks
  • 5,013 posts

Posted October 24, 2014 - 11:14 AM

Thanks for the update. Good to hear you found the solution.  :thumbs: