Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

Officially partially semi retired almost!!!

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 M&M13 OFFLINE  

M&M13
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1368
  • 11 Thanks
  • 159 posts

Posted February 05, 2011 - 03:48 PM

Well I'm almost done Lol! Ive finally gotten shed of all but about 10 acres of woods 15 chickens 5 roosters a few pigeons 2 cats & 1 dog ! i wont know what to do with myself, I don't have but about 3 acres of cleared ground left ! I may just fill it up with a tractor scrap yard! Oh yeah even my daughter & grand boy moved out "again" Maybe it'll stick this time ? No empty nest syndrome here i can throw myself into my projects now if i can learn how to slow down & pace myself! gonna cut & sell some timber off the rest of the place & stock up on some firewood this spring or i may do nothin lol! I may go over & see if Daniel needs a hired hand lol! what about it OCH need any sorry labor for top pay ? aahhhh! feels good right now but talk to me in a wk or so & ill probably need to be committed !! A few more thing to get shed of after some loggins done & I'm quitting, no more worrying & getting out in the cold to break the ice on the pond, No more hauling water ,No more rushing home in time to do the feeding ,No more blankets & bottles & hay & medicines & vet bills & blah blah blah lol! Miss it already !!

thanx for letting me vent ! Any body have any comments on what to do with retirement or does the spare time just slowly get swallowed up somewhere like its been doin the last few yrs. being semi so called retired ?:sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep:

#2 caseguy OFFLINE  

caseguy

Connoisseur of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 906
  • 1,624 Thanks
  • 5,600 posts

Posted February 05, 2011 - 04:24 PM

Well congrats AE! I'm sure you'll find some kind of "trouble" to get in to! I know that I would LOL! Hope you enjoy your official, partial, almost semi retired status!

#3 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,645 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted February 05, 2011 - 04:47 PM

what about it OCH need any top labor for sorry pay ?

Sure, that'll work! :D Enjoy the free time, doing a whole lot, or a whole lot of nothin if it suits ya!

#4 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted February 05, 2011 - 05:00 PM

I'm sure you'll find something to occupy your time.

#5 daytime dave OFFLINE  

daytime dave

Live long and prosper

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 531
  • 4,485 Thanks
  • 6,353 posts

Posted February 05, 2011 - 05:25 PM

Hope the good feeling lasts. Nice to hear someone enjoying semi retirement.

#6 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,297 Thanks
  • 28,626 posts

Posted February 05, 2011 - 11:03 PM

Congrats, you semi-made it! Enjoy your leisure time & I am also sure you'll find something to occupy your time. :D

#7 poncho62 ONLINE  

poncho62
  • Member No: 42
  • 632 Thanks
  • 1,220 posts

Posted February 06, 2011 - 08:32 AM

I was retired pretty much for 3 years...retired at 55......did a bit of grass cutting and this and that for people....Mostly kept fairly busy around here, but did get bored at times/....My pensions arent great, but I could get by on them ....barely.

I have gone back to work part time, driving 2 or 3 days a week for the local NAPA auto parts store.....Its quite interesting, gets me out of the house and gives me money for the extras....I like it. Will likely do this until I am 65, when my government pension kicks in.

#8 Alc OFFLINE  

Alc

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1094
  • 5,455 Thanks
  • 6,623 posts

Posted February 06, 2011 - 09:46 AM

If you run out of things to do and get bored , please come up to my house for a visit and I can give you lots of things to do !!!!!! I got projects started for the last 20+ years need finishing !!!! Good luck on retirement , Al