• Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,589 Thanks
  • 29,831 posts

Posted August 03, 2014 - 08:14 PM

Small animal vets have gotten way out of line, simply because they know most people will lay out wads of cash for their pets.  My vet does waaaay more hard work with large animals & charges a pittance compared.  He prefers large animals, so he lets his other hired vets to do the pet work.  A local doggy/kitty vet said a minimum of $700 just to look at my brother's dog.  I told him to call my vet's office, and they seen his dog, did the surgery on it's foot, and the bill was less than $200 total.  Not many vets like mine I'm afraid.

• HDWildBill, boyscout862 and toomanytoys84 have said thanks

#32 IamSherwood OFFLINE  

IamSherwood

Elf guardian

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2066
  • 8,379 Thanks
  • 7,696 posts

Posted August 03, 2014 - 09:08 PM

Sorry to hear about your loss Bill. It's tough, I know.

• HDWildBill and boyscout862 have said thanks

#33 TAHOE OFFLINE  

TAHOE
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 24522
  • 6,480 Thanks
  • 4,937 posts

Posted August 04, 2014 - 08:43 AM

Sorry to hear, they do become a family member. 

• HDWildBill said thank you

#34 HDWildBill OFFLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,697 Thanks
  • 8,555 posts

Posted August 04, 2014 - 08:48 AM

Small animal vets have gotten way out of line, simply because they know most people will lay out wads of cash for their pets.  My vet does waaaay more hard work with large animals & charges a pittance compared.  He prefers large animals, so he lets his other hired vets to do the pet work.  A local doggy/kitty vet said a minimum of $700 just to look at my brother's dog.  I told him to call my vet's office, and they seen his dog, did the surgery on it's foot, and the bill was less than $200 total.  Not many vets like mine I'm afraid.

I agree.  I know we have taken 2 dogs to our regular vet and they did blood work and xray and it didn't cost no $800 in fact I believe it was just over $200.   I know the are an emergency room and emergency seems to cost more but not that much more.  I really do feel like they are there to take advantage of the situation.

• oldedeeres said thank you

#35 toomanytoys84 OFFLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,234 Thanks
  • 5,073 posts

Posted August 04, 2014 - 10:38 AM

]

My little dog Duncan has cost me more cash.  Broke his leg when he was a puppy.  By the time it was all said and done it was 2500.  Then he had a 1600 dollar surgery to remove bladder stones!

Plus routine care and everything else.  I could of bought a new truck, but I love that little ball of fur.  He has been with me through a lot.

• HDWildBill and oldedeeres have said thanks