• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 mtoney ONLINE  

mtoney
  • Member No: 13665
  • 557 Thanks
  • 539 posts

Posted July 30, 2014 - 10:00 PM

Looking for a nice complete snowthrower for my 1964 Simplicity Landlord.  Thanks  Mike

• Talntedmrgreen said thank you

#2 Talntedmrgreen OFFLINE  

Talntedmrgreen

Simplicity Enthusiast

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8186
  • 3,059 Thanks
  • 2,174 posts

Posted July 31, 2014 - 07:18 AM

I'm watching hard Mike...nothing yet.  I've seen a couple AC versions, but guessing you want something orange, and preferably not painted up?  Same with tillers...3 AC round tops have crossed my path, but nothing orange.  Usually it's the opposite on both attachments around here.

My very favorite blower for these is the early single belt version.  It has the cool drift cutter look, but without the earlier 3-belt setup that most folks despise.

If you are simply going for a display piece, the 3-belt variety actually offers a couple benefits.  They are dirt cheap, often flat-out FREE, and kinda have a unique, funky look with the extra mechanicals and pulley setup.

#3 mtoney ONLINE  

mtoney
  • 557 Thanks
  • 539 posts

Posted July 31, 2014 - 09:46 AM

I don't mind the odd 3 belt set up if its complete and operational.   But yes, orange in color please.  Thanks for looking, I am as well.  Mike

#4 trowel OFFLINE  

trowel

Summer.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5127
  • 4,819 Thanks
  • 4,533 posts

Posted July 31, 2014 - 06:57 PM

Coming from personal experience the three belt throwers are troublesome, there is a reason many do not like it and Simplicity switched to the enclosed single belt for good reasons.

I read on the other thread you are in the market for a rooster tail thrower for sidewalks, IMO stick with the single belt for working.

Out of a lot of garden tractors Simplicity just about nailed it with the Landlord tractor, great mower deck and simple, strong and light snow thrower, simple to mount, move around and simple in design, many hate the single stage and granted it does have it's down falls but so does snow blowers.

A lot of GT i have owned had snow thrower/blowers that weight just about as much as the tractor itself, fine down in the valley or if the tractor has 400 lb on the rear but living here up in the mountains it is all hills so i came to really appreciate Simplicity's snow thrower, two things i don't like, it is only 46 '' wide and the auger bucket chute opening is too small, these problems were corrected in the later models.

• Bolens 1000 said thank you

#5 Talntedmrgreen OFFLINE  

Talntedmrgreen

Simplicity Enthusiast

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,059 Thanks
  • 2,174 posts

Posted August 01, 2014 - 09:48 AM

http://fortwayne.en....4562749439.html

Single belt, early 36" in LL paint. Should clean up nice.

#6 mtoney ONLINE  

mtoney
  • 557 Thanks
  • 539 posts

Posted August 01, 2014 - 12:44 PM

I sent him an email, any problem areas or common missing items I should look for if I go to possibly buy it?  Mike

#7 Talntedmrgreen OFFLINE  

Talntedmrgreen

Simplicity Enthusiast

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,059 Thanks
  • 2,174 posts

Posted August 01, 2014 - 12:51 PM

Looks good, just dirty. Check for rust, excessive wear, worn through shoes or scraper bar. Chute control looks good. Keep an eye out for, or ask about, the PTO cover and engagement rod.

None of those are deal breakers. If the bearings feel good and it looks decent he has a fair price on it.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: wanted