Ok even though the Speedx looks good in the pictures, its really a mess. I started to rebuild the bad areas tonite and should be able to get it back to working like it was built originally. We found the following bad things, see the pictures,
This is the poor old engine mount that someone modified. Used to be a slider, and then it became a nonworking belt tightener, We cut it off, with a thin wheel of the 4" grinder. Lucky for me, the factory drilled holes all the way though the mount bar, so after some grind down, I punched the slugs out and now have the original holes to reuse. Once I get some 3/4 round stock purchased, I can start the process, of replace the mounting things and get it to a slider again.
Your looking at a bad picture of the place where they cut a chunk out of the frame. Have no idea what the purpose here was ,as there is no part missing. We also have a crack in the wheel. They are cast, and since its small, I might not do anything about this. Not sure what the heck this bearing is trying to do, looks like someone replace the factory part with this no fitting item. It does however work and turn correctly, so again, I may not fool around with. There is an amazing amount of old grease here that was paint right over, and a lot of the other paint is thin, so may repaint the whole tractor at a later date.