• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 CountrysideLawn OFFLINE  

CountrysideLawn
  • Member No: 60805
  • 11 Thanks
  • 12 posts

Posted July 29, 2014 - 04:50 PM

I have restored many tractors, mostly IH Cub's, many Sears, a couple JD's, and a Springfield 36 that is still in the works.  However, I have waited for years to get my hands on a Panzer.  I finally did a year or so ago and haven't touched it.  Work always gets in the way and when you own the company.......spare time is even less.  Anyway, I finally have made time.  The project has begun!!  I have read and researched many forums, articles, etc etc.  I am still unsure of the date of this Panzer.  In one pic you will see me pointing to a certain area.  They claim this is where the serial # should be and the later models said "serial" but no #.  Mine has neither.  I am including pics of every I.D. or number I could find.  The sides of both frame rails reads "Jones & Laughlin 5", I'm guessing this could be the dealer it was sold at??  Either way- from what I can find is it's either a Model A, (which I'm guessing not because I've read those were all red), or a 102 because those had yellow accents.  Any help or info would be greatly appreciated!!!!!

panzerproject.jpg

panzerproject1.jpg

panzerproject2.jpg

panzerproject3.jpg

panzerproject4.jpg

• boyscout862, New.Canadian.DB.Owner and panzersarebest have said thanks

#2 panzersarebest OFFLINE  

panzersarebest
  • Member No: 36584
  • 523 Thanks
  • 407 posts

Posted July 29, 2014 - 08:34 PM

I think its a T102. I restored one last year.

• CountrysideLawn said thank you

#3 CountrysideLawn OFFLINE  

CountrysideLawn
  • 11 Thanks
  • 12 posts

Posted July 29, 2014 - 08:38 PM

I think its a T102. I restored one last year.

Were you able to find manuals for it?  Such as the operators manual, owners manual?  Where was your serial/model number located?

• panzersarebest said thank you

#4 trackcar OFFLINE  

trackcar
  • Member No: 15296
  • 26 Thanks
  • 51 posts

Posted July 29, 2014 - 10:28 PM

Jones & Laughlin were (are?) a steel manufacturing or fabricating company. My mom worked for them for a few years back in the late 1970's or early 80's here in Lancaster, PA.  The name was probably rolled on the pipe at the steel plant where it (pipe) was made.

Edited by trackcar, July 29, 2014 - 10:29 PM.

• boyscout862 and CountrysideLawn have said thanks

#5 boyscout862 ONLINE  

boyscout862
  • Member No: 8923
  • 9,763 Thanks
  • 7,533 posts

Posted July 30, 2014 - 05:37 AM

Welcome to GTT. Nice project!  We have manuals for Panzers in our Manuals Section. You are allowed 3 free downloads per day. If you become a supporter there is no limit. In the crazy world of running a business, look at working on the tractor as a sanity pause that will lower your stress level.

You can search our threads in the Panzer section to learn more about what our members are doing with theirs. Good Luck, Rick

#6 CountrysideLawn OFFLINE  

CountrysideLawn
  • 11 Thanks
  • 12 posts

Posted July 30, 2014 - 05:49 AM

Jones & Laughlin were (are?) a steel manufacturing or fabricating company. My mom worked for them for a few years back in the late 1970's or early 80's here in Lancaster, PA.  The name was probably rolled on the pipe at the steel plant where it (pipe) was made.

Thank you!! That is pretty neat to know.  It's funny that with a small amount of light sandpaper use, I was able to read all of that writing.

#7 panzersarebest OFFLINE  

panzersarebest
  • Member No: 36584
  • 523 Thanks
  • 407 posts

Posted July 30, 2014 - 04:33 PM

Were you able to find manuals for it?  Such as the operators manual, owners manual?  Where was your serial/model number located?

I restored it for a friend of mine. I'll ask him.

#8 CountrysideLawn OFFLINE  

CountrysideLawn
  • 11 Thanks
  • 12 posts

Posted July 30, 2014 - 07:54 PM

I noticed there are a bunch of panzer fans on here. Maybe I should of posted this in the panzer section for more responses?

#9 CountrysideLawn OFFLINE  

CountrysideLawn
  • 11 Thanks
  • 12 posts

Posted July 31, 2014 - 08:34 AM

I wonder if there's a way to tell what years the frames were made there....

#10 Canawler OFFLINE  

Canawler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1273
  • 1,893 Thanks
  • 1,750 posts

Posted July 31, 2014 - 08:38 AM

I just added the Copar Model A and T102 manuals to our "manuals" section.

• panzersarebest and CountrysideLawn have said thanks