Help! Mower Deck Adjustment

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Markfes1616 OFFLINE  

• Member No: 59707
  • 3 Thanks
  • 3 posts

Posted July 28, 2014 - 08:16 PM

So I am getting around to mounting up the 48" belly mower that came with my 1979 1616 model. After installing all parts involved, I don't understand how to adjust the deck height across the front. I put an 1 1/2"
block under the front of the deck and tightened the linkage bolts down, however it still will drop down to low. The arms from the mule drive to the deck have 3 holes. Currently I have the bolts through the center holes. Do I just shorten up the arms by moving the bolt to another hole? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Also, in the photo of the mule drive, you will notice a tab that has 2 holes in it (beside the right pulley). It had a lever with a handle attached to it. Not sure what it was for as I removed it due to nearly contacting the ground with mule drive installed. Thanks in advance-Markimage.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

#2 Username OFFLINE  

• Member No: 2568
  • 2,064 Thanks
  • 1,425 posts

Posted July 28, 2014 - 08:48 PM

I don't know if you had the parallel hitch instructions or not but in case you have not:

Attached Files

• Markfes1616 said thank you

#3 icpik OFFLINE  

• Member No: 8205
  • 21 Thanks
  • 36 posts

Posted July 29, 2014 - 06:48 PM

I believe you would set the height of the front of the mower deck by selecting the proper holes for the arms coming off the mower deck and attaching to the mule.  Actually you need to set the deck rear rollers to the desired height for the rear of the deck first, then select the holes on the mule that will give you a level deck.

Don Hayes