• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 4926
  • 3,440 Thanks
  • 2,796 posts

Posted July 27, 2014 - 08:22 PM

I brought this home on my trip this weekend. I believe its a Speedx, but am not sure what model. I think the engine was supposed to slide on the two rods under the engine, but someone had butchered it up and add some foreign parts. Pretty sure I can restore it to original if I can get some pictures of what it looked like before.  The engine is a Clinton, B704COE, and runs real well now that I cleaned the fuel system, and replaced some missing/wrong parts to the carb and linkage. Any one out there have one of these??

speedx 001.JPG

speedx 002.JPG

speedx 003.JPG

• MH81, trowel, New.Canadian.DB.Owner and 1 other said thanks

#2 diesel nut ONLINE  

diesel nut
  • Member No: 7572
  • 494 Thanks
  • 315 posts

Posted July 27, 2014 - 08:44 PM

I think that's a model C.  speedextractorinformation.com has a lot of pictures of the walk behinds.  The engine was supposed to slide on the rods.  Hope this helps.       Stewart

• Lauber1 and trowel have said thanks

#3 Bill56 OFFLINE  

Bill56

Tractorholic

• Member No: 60
  • 839 Thanks
  • 2,179 posts

Posted July 27, 2014 - 09:15 PM

Very nice looking!

#4 trowel OFFLINE  

trowel

Summer.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5127
  • 4,819 Thanks
  • 4,533 posts

Posted July 28, 2014 - 05:32 PM

I think that's a model C.  speedextractorinformation.com has a lot of pictures of the walk behinds.  The engine was supposed to slide on the rods.  Hope this helps.       Stewart

I had one, looks like a C, mines had the Briggs model 8, also plow, disk harrow, vator and sickle mower.

I brought this home on my trip this weekend. I believe its a Speedx, but am not sure what model. I think the engine was supposed to slide on the two rods under the engine, but someone had butchered it up and add some foreign parts. Pretty sure I can restore it to original if I can get some pictures of what it looked like before.  The engine is a Clinton, B704COE, and runs real well now that I cleaned the fuel system, and replaced some missing/wrong parts to the carb and linkage. Any one out there have one of these??

attachicon.gifspeedx 001.JPG

attachicon.gifspeedx 002.JPG

attachicon.gifspeedx 003.JPG

Edited by trowel, July 28, 2014 - 05:33 PM.

#5 trowel OFFLINE  

trowel

Summer.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 4,819 Thanks
  • 4,533 posts

Posted July 28, 2014 - 05:37 PM

Oh and Jeff, please remove that muffler from the Clinton, it is shaming it.

• Lauber1 said thank you

#6 Lauber1 ONLINE  

Lauber1

DB restorer

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,440 Thanks
  • 2,796 posts

Posted July 28, 2014 - 08:36 PM

Oh and Jeff, please remove that muffler from the Clinton, it is shaming it.

heck I thought the muffler was one of the good points. seems like to me I have a briggs engine with one like it too.

• trowel said thank you

#7 gunstuff1000 OFFLINE  

gunstuff1000
  • Member No: 40822
  • 924 Thanks
  • 555 posts

Posted July 28, 2014 - 08:58 PM

heck I thought the muffler was one of the good points. seems like to me I have a briggs engine with one like it too.

. That muffler is worth $40!!! That tractor looks like a friend of mines named Bryan he had a speedex he got in a package deal that looks just like his I had a speedex on steel wheels an it had a belt tightner

#8 Lauber1 ONLINE  

Lauber1

DB restorer

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,440 Thanks
  • 2,796 posts

Posted July 28, 2014 - 10:07 PM

. That muffler is worth $40!!! That tractor looks like a friend of mines named Bryan he had a speedex he got in a package deal that looks just like his I had a speedex on steel wheels an it had a belt tightner

so are you talking about this guy? Amazing sometimes when people know other peoples.

trip 016.JPG

• trowel said thank you

#9 gunstuff1000 OFFLINE  

gunstuff1000
  • 924 Thanks
  • 555 posts

Posted July 28, 2014 - 10:22 PM

so are you talking about this guy? Amazing sometimes when people know other peoples.

attachicon.giftrip 016.JPG

yep that's him! Bryan is a neat dude he sure can make these tractors nicer than when they left the factory he is really into the bolens ridemaster tractors like I am we are both tied up at 7 apiece now He really puts a paint job on these machines he is working hard to get as many as he can done before the bolens gathering that's being held in Portland, Ind this year
  • Lauber1 said thank you

#10 trowel OFFLINE  

trowel

Summer.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 4,819 Thanks
  • 4,533 posts

Posted July 29, 2014 - 04:26 AM

:poke:  poke, poke :smilewink:

• Lauber1 said thank you

#11 Lauber1 ONLINE  

Lauber1

DB restorer

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,440 Thanks
  • 2,796 posts

Posted July 29, 2014 - 08:36 PM

:poke:  poke, poke :smilewink:

no mufflers for you, and I do have two of them.

• trowel said thank you

#12 Lauber1 ONLINE  

Lauber1

DB restorer

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,440 Thanks
  • 2,796 posts

Posted July 29, 2014 - 08:38 PM

yep that's him! Bryan is a neat dude he sure can make these tractors nicer than when they left the factory he is really into the bolens ridemaster tractors like I am we are both tied up at 7 apiece now He really puts a paint job on these machines he is working hard to get as many as he can done before the bolens gathering that's being held in Portland, Ind this year

Your behind, I counted 8 last weekend. Got to drive the one with the sickle mower on it. Along with Portland, there going to be a Bolens showing at the Tipton show, I believe its in Aug.

• trowel said thank you

#13 gunstuff1000 OFFLINE  

gunstuff1000
  • 924 Thanks
  • 555 posts

Posted July 29, 2014 - 10:43 PM

Your behind, I counted 8 last weekend. Got to drive the one with the sickle mower on it. Along with Portland, there going to be a Bolens showing at the Tipton show, I believe its in Aug.

oh I forgot about that last one he just bought I believe one of his is more parts than a whole tractor though I'm going to try to get to Tipton on the sat of the show I have to work I orginized the bolens gathering in Portland this year an hope to spin off a bolens club soon just have to work out all the details an see if there is even enough interest for one

#14 trowel OFFLINE  

trowel

Summer.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 4,819 Thanks
  • 4,533 posts

Posted July 30, 2014 - 04:41 AM

Mines never had the gauge wheel nor the pivot point, i see there is only one on yours with no provisions for another and it is a steel wheel.

The plow was interesting, built more like a mini sod plow or prairie plow with long point, only cut about 2 1/2 to 3 inches deep, 5 inch wide, very short beam on a offset hitch pivot point.

#15 Lauber1 ONLINE  

Lauber1

DB restorer

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,440 Thanks
  • 2,796 posts

Posted July 30, 2014 - 08:34 PM

Mines never had the gauge wheel nor the pivot point, i see there is only one on yours with no provisions for another and it is a steel wheel.

The plow was interesting, built more like a mini sod plow or prairie plow with long point, only cut about 2 1/2 to 3 inches deep, 5 inch wide, very short beam on a offset hitch pivot point.

yes it has the gauge wheel, and I belive it to be correct, just not mounted right. The ones I've seen in picture had the mount rod pointing down, with the wheel assembly on the under side. Most of the pictures only show one wheel, on an adjustable arm.

speedx 2 004.JPG

• trowel said thank you