• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jhenslee OFFLINE  

jhenslee
  • Member No: 60665
  • 1 Thanks
  • 2 posts

Posted July 25, 2014 - 10:52 AM

Been looking at compact tractors for a while. mainly need something to help maintain some hunting land. brush hogging, food plots, etc. anyhow, came across a CL add for Bolens G152 (2wd) w/Woods 5' finish mower,blade, single furrow plow &sm trailer to pull behind tractor for 3K. Add says 250 hrs on tractor. Doesn't sound like too bad a deal but I dont know much about these tractors. Also found a MF 1010 (4wd) w/ 1400 hrs. Comes w/ 4ft brush hog, and rear blade for 4500. Can anyone tell me about these model of tractors, good or bad?

• MyBolens1053 said thank you

#2 boyscout862 ONLINE  

boyscout862
  • Member No: 8923
  • 9,803 Thanks
  • 7,543 posts

Posted July 25, 2014 - 01:40 PM

Welcome to GTT. You can search threads to learn about the tractors. The first thing you need to do is define what the machine needs to be able to do. I use a JD111 for lawn mowing, a Bolens 1250 for moving things in the yard and a Ford 2000 for snow removal. Good Luck, Rick

• MyBolens1053 said thank you

#3 MyBolens1053 OFFLINE  

MyBolens1053
  • Member No: 50025
  • 634 Thanks
  • 566 posts

Posted July 27, 2014 - 12:29 AM

Been looking at compact tractors for a while. mainly need something to help maintain some hunting land. brush hogging, food plots, etc. anyhow, came across a CL add for Bolens G152 (2wd) w/Woods 5' finish mower,blade, single furrow plow &sm trailer to pull behind tractor for 3K. Add says 250 hrs on tractor. Doesn't sound like too bad a deal but I dont know much about these tractors. Also found a MF 1010 (4wd) w/ 1400 hrs. Comes w/ 4ft brush hog, and rear blade for 4500. Can anyone tell me about these model of tractors, good or bad?

The Bolens G152 is run with a Mitsubishi diesel motor and is made by Iseki. Not sure how easy it is to find most tractor parts but, motor parts should be available. Being this tractor uses a standard 3-point hitch system and a 2 speed PTO implements should not be a problem.

As for the Massey-Ferguson you should post that question under the Massey forum and get the knowledge from other owners of the same.

Good luck and welcome to the forum.

• boyscout862 said thank you