#16 TAHOE OFFLINE  

TAHOE
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 24522
  • 6,480 Thanks
  • 4,937 posts

Posted July 24, 2014 - 02:51 PM

Get it fixed so you can bring it to Daniels Plow Day.

!  Wish it could make it this year to plow day, but I understand the lack of time.

If I don't get my butt in gear and get tranny pulled out of Tahoe and rebuilt, I won't be coming to plow day at all.

• Texas Deere and Horse said thank you

#17 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,589 Thanks
  • 29,831 posts

Posted July 24, 2014 - 02:53 PM

Oh yeah, you did very well!

• TAHOE said thank you

#18 dave8338 OFFLINE  

dave8338

• Member No: 6698
  • 196 Thanks
  • 374 posts

Posted July 24, 2014 - 03:05 PM

We have some winners!!! 

It is a Snapper version of the PK, not sure if it's a 96 or 97. PO's said mowing deck messed up about 10 yrs ago, the dealer that serviced it could not figure out why it kept tearing up deck belts. They left the deck at dealer and took off PTO for some reason  :wallbanging:

They used it for their 15-20 acre place since new and also pulled a sprayer for their mowing business thus the odd built 3 point hitch thingy. 

The last couple years it was running, the grandkids used it as a play toy in the woods.....thus no plastics left.

"it was running" when they parked it early last spring when the steering box broke. 

I have always been on lookout for an extra set of 6 lug rims for my Massey 1855. The son of  the PO posted wheels/tires on Craigslist and with quote "buy tires or the whole tractor" . I saw the large tires and 3 point hitch and of course i had to call. 

Tires are too big for the Massey so I bought the whole tractor. :smilewink:  It has 2300 hours on it, but if motor turns out to be bad or smokes, I will put in storage and looks for a 2-3 cyl diesel and do a swap down the road or may get my buddy to help me rebuild the Kohler. He was already telling me mods to get more HP out of it.  

For $375, I think I got a great starting platform for a tractor that will never come short of my needs. 

Once up and running, I may try my hand at some sheet metal work and built it to looks like a big IH field tractor.

I have spent  $400 for my MF1855 and now $375 for this Snapper, both within 20 mins of my house :rocker2:   :thumbs:  :D

You STOLE that poor thing !    :thumbs:

Good to see it going to home that will take care of it and not run it through the woods as a play toy.  $ 375 no matter if the Kohler runs or not, was a sheer dream steal.  Congrats.

• TAHOE said thank you

#19 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,647 Thanks
  • 6,460 posts

Posted July 24, 2014 - 03:35 PM

Dang!  I'm buying a Snapper 2500 something now but hand hydro, wanted foot kind. Not Fair you found that! Mine is gonna have the quick-detach front mount and a brush and blade for that. 60" deck, not so fond of big ones, but 2yrs old they say. My plastic is also kinda broken up.  Mission has some, but sit down when told price. Something about hood replacement for free then too?   Haven't gotten back to them on that yet. When you get tired of looking at it, give me a call.  I had those big tires on one last year, they ARE huge. Hard to store the tractor, won't fit much else, they hit fenders on most. Was keeping it to change into something, but you know how I'm getting out of the hobby, so sold it! :smilewink:

• TAHOE said thank you

#20 TAHOE OFFLINE  

TAHOE
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 6,480 Thanks
  • 4,937 posts

Posted January 02, 2016 - 12:42 PM

Well, this old girl is headed down the road as I speak, decided to sell as I probably won't do anything with it for a long time and I need to get down to just a few keeper tractors. New owner knows about the forum, maybe he will start a thread.

20151231_150957.jpg

• olcowhand said thank you

#21 DougT OFFLINE  

DougT

Dog Approved

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 584
  • 5,716 Thanks
  • 4,274 posts

Posted January 02, 2016 - 03:57 PM

I put 2 and 2 together and came up with 6.  Surely it can't be who I think it is. He's getting out of the hobby!!  :rolling:

• olcowhand and TAHOE have said thanks

#22 Merle013 ONLINE  

Merle013
  • Member No: 74432
  • 124 Thanks
  • 112 posts

Posted January 03, 2016 - 11:30 AM

What a machine! Hope the person getting it enjoys it.

• TAHOE said thank you

#23 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,647 Thanks
  • 6,460 posts

Posted January 03, 2016 - 07:43 PM

New Owner, hmmmm, wonder who that is??  Oh, Wait, that IS ME!  A little nagging goes long way, heh!  Between this one and the other similar parts tractor I have, I should have one made up to run. Won't be quick to get done, but I will work on it lovingly. Been wanting a foot control and dual hydraulics for a long time. Probly won't ever have correct plastics on front, my other one is w/out also.  Have never seen body parts used and new are Rare and expensive. I'll be posting about it as I work on it. 

My getting out of hobbie this year is still same, just started the year you know!

• RAJ, DougT, MH81 and 3 others have said thanks

#24 Merle013 ONLINE  

Merle013
  • Member No: 74432
  • 124 Thanks
  • 112 posts

Posted January 04, 2016 - 11:46 AM

You can only get out of the hobby when the hobby gets out of you.

• RAJ and limebuzz have said thanks

#25 TAHOE OFFLINE  

TAHOE
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 6,480 Thanks
  • 4,937 posts

Posted January 04, 2016 - 12:46 PM

This might be that "one I let get away", but I know GL will do something with it. It maybe several years before I could even think about starting on it.

• RAJ said thank you