LilysDad

Cat Lover

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10443
  • 9,687 Thanks
  • 7,694 posts

Posted July 22, 2014 - 06:20 PM

Do you DB owners realize how much money your sitting on?

http://milwaukee.cra...4522273778.html

• sacsr, tinbender7 and Talntedmrgreen have said thanks

#2 OldBuzzard OFFLINE  

OldBuzzard

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 805
  • 6,488 Thanks
  • 4,634 posts

Posted July 22, 2014 - 06:27 PM

That looks like the good old "See honey, I'm TRYING to sell it, but no one seems to want to buy it." price.  :D :D :D

• Gtractor, tinbender7, Talntedmrgreen and 1 other said thanks

#3 DougT ONLINE  

DougT

Dog Approved

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 584
  • 5,736 Thanks
  • 4,290 posts

Posted July 22, 2014 - 06:27 PM

Good Luck with that one!

• tinbender7 said thank you

#4 trowel OFFLINE  

trowel

Summer.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5127
  • 4,819 Thanks
  • 4,533 posts

Posted July 22, 2014 - 06:31 PM

Yeah, right, in 20 years.

#5 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,703 Thanks
  • 17,209 posts

Posted July 22, 2014 - 06:41 PM

It could be one of two things, he read the price on a forum or seen the $15,000 one on Ricks restorations.....

Plus its old so that makes it worth more right? :beer:

• KennyP, trowel, tinbender7 and 1 other said thanks

#6 Rock farmer ONLINE  

Rock farmer
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 10759
  • 1,119 Thanks
  • 1,177 posts

Posted July 22, 2014 - 07:41 PM

But, look at that bright shiny paint!

#7 Lauber1 OFFLINE  

Lauber1

DB restorer

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 4926
  • 3,456 Thanks
  • 2,801 posts

Posted July 22, 2014 - 07:42 PM

you know  what I see? a big price on a tractor that doesn't even have all the right parts on it. the front blade isn't even for a DB tractor. If a person is going to restore a machine to that level of paint, why not make sure you have the correct engine, and other items to support it. There ought to be a guide printed explaining that before you waste your money on making it big in tractors, you at least do the research , or maybe any research, to know what you have.

• Gtractor, KennyP, trowel and 5 others have said thanks

#8 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,703 Thanks
  • 17,209 posts

Posted July 22, 2014 - 08:17 PM

you know  what I see? a big price on a tractor that doesn't even have all the right parts on it. the front blade isn't even for a DB tractor. If a person is going to restore a machine to that level of paint, why not make sure you have the correct engine, and other items to support it. There ought to be a guide printed explaining that before you waste your money on making it big in tractors, you at least do the research , or maybe any research, to know what you have.

I feel the exact same way!

• KennyP, Lauber1 and trowel have said thanks

#9 trowel OFFLINE  

trowel

Summer.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5127
  • 4,819 Thanks
  • 4,533 posts

Posted July 22, 2014 - 08:31 PM

It could be one of two things, he read the price on a forum or seen the $15,000 one on Ricks restorations.....

Plus its old so that makes it worth more right? :beer:

Ditto, case in point.

Oh yeah and more so now then before, on all ads.

I feel the exact same way!

You and a lot of others also, they just don't post on the open fourm.

Edited by trowel, July 22, 2014 - 08:32 PM.

• Bolens 1000, KennyP and Lauber1 have said thanks

#10 superaben OFFLINE  

superaben
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 11204
  • 7,664 Thanks
  • 5,677 posts

Posted July 22, 2014 - 08:35 PM

It was a beautiful cosmetic restoration, though. I will give him that.  He's probably got that much money tied up in it making the paint shine, putting on the paint, new tires, new bearings, and all that sort of stuff. 

However, all that I said being said, Jeff is still right. 

Ben W.

• Lauber1 and trowel have said thanks

#11 Gtractor ONLINE  

Gtractor

The Tractor Hoarder

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 782
  • 6,634 Thanks
  • 3,923 posts

Posted July 22, 2014 - 08:46 PM

I really is a beautiful tractor.

The problem I've found with walk behinds is the new tires nearly meet or flat out exceed the value of a restored machine.

:(

• Lauber1 and trowel have said thanks

#12 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,703 Thanks
  • 17,209 posts

Posted July 22, 2014 - 08:49 PM

Some people may not like to hear this but the fact is the cost of a true restoration on a garden tractor will always exceed the market value on what it is worth.

That's just how it is. Usually people that fully restore have no intentions of selling anyway.

I just dont get why people do this to these machines then go to sell them, there is just no money in a GT restore!

• Gtractor, OldBuzzard, GTTinkerer and 5 others have said thanks

#13 Lauber1 OFFLINE  

Lauber1

DB restorer

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 4926
  • 3,456 Thanks
  • 2,801 posts

Posted July 22, 2014 - 09:38 PM

Some people may not like to hear this but the fact is the cost of a true restoration on a garden tractor will always exceed the market value on what it is worth.

That's just how it is. Usually people that fully restore have no intentions of selling anyway.

I just dont get why people do this to these machines then go to sell them, there is just no money in a GT restore!

This brings up a good point, I don't think I have ever posted anywhere asking what something's worth. I consider this to be the forefront to wanting to sell it and make money, and not being a true person interested in the devolvement of GT's. Now I'm not opposed to money, its just not my first priority in buying a tractor. I don't think that I've ever bought a tractor, and then ran home to see how much I could flip it for. I darn near cry sometimes when I decided to sell something, because I just didn't have the time or wanted to spend the money of redoing one.

• Bolens 1000, olcowhand, Gtractor and 3 others have said thanks

#14 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,703 Thanks
  • 17,209 posts

Posted July 22, 2014 - 09:41 PM

This brings up a good point, I don't think I have ever posted anywhere asking what something's worth. I consider this to be the forefront to wanting to sell it and make money, and not being a true person interested in the devolvement of GT's. Now I'm not opposed to money, its just not my first priority in buying a tractor. I don't think that I've ever bought a tractor, and then ran home to see how much I could flip it for. I darn near cry sometimes when I decided to sell something, because I just didn't have the time or wanted to spend the money of redoing one.

Your not the only one that feels that way.

I always say the day I care about how much my machine/collection is worth is the day I will quit the hobby and sell everything!

I never view my collection as money, just pieces of history being properly preserved.

• Gtractor and trowel have said thanks

#15 GTTinkerer OFFLINE  

GTTinkerer

GT Tinkerer

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1564
  • 1,153 Thanks
  • 1,326 posts

Posted July 23, 2014 - 05:38 AM

Sorry to wrinkle anyone's feathers here but the truth is the truth.  I very seldom buy one and then run home to see how much I can flip it for either.  Usually I check to see what I can sell it for before I buy it.  I keep the ones I want to tinker with until I get tired of them and then sell them to the highest price I can get or give them to my kids or grandkids.

It is what I do to supplement my meager retirement income.  Many folks in my position pickup some extra cash buying low and selling high whether it be homes, property, furniture, paintings, guns, knives, coins  and so on.  Some call it capitalism, I prefer to call it surviving.

• sacsr and trowel have said thanks