• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#16 red79 OFFLINE  

red79
  • Member No: 60181
  • 57 Thanks
  • 44 posts

Posted July 24, 2014 - 08:55 PM

Those u-joints pop up on eBay fairly often.

Thanks Kfs35. I'm not much of an eBayer, but maybe I'll have to be from now on.  I see you're from SE Michigan? Where abouts?

#17 wilberj ONLINE  

wilberj
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 51
  • 4,211 Thanks
  • 5,217 posts

Posted July 24, 2014 - 09:13 PM

Welcome to GTtalk!

#18 Kfs35 OFFLINE  

Kfs35
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 22474
  • 395 Thanks
  • 411 posts

Posted July 24, 2014 - 09:19 PM

Thanks Kfs35. I'm not much of an eBayer, but maybe I'll have to be from now on.  I see you're from SE Michigan? Where abouts?

Belleville.
You?

#19 red79 OFFLINE  

red79
  • Member No: 60181
  • 57 Thanks
  • 44 posts

Posted July 24, 2014 - 09:40 PM

Belleville.
You?

I'm in Royal Oak. So in the world of online forums, we're practically next door. :thumbs:

#20 Kfs35 OFFLINE  

Kfs35
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 22474
  • 395 Thanks
  • 411 posts

Posted July 24, 2014 - 09:57 PM

Yep, practically neighbors.

#21 wjcarpe OFFLINE  

wjcarpe
  • Member No: 53918
  • 4 Thanks
  • 10 posts

Posted August 01, 2014 - 10:44 AM

Hi red - this post caught my interest because i've been trying to find out if the end play adjustment is also for hydrostatic transmissions but no one seems to know the answer for sure (so if anyone is reading this post and can unequivocally answer - please do)

But as an aside - i visited Ray's Mower in Boyertown, PA a few weeks back and they have a TON of Bolens parts - some on the shelf that have been stripped off and then 5 acres of "mower graveyard".  I would suggest you call them and give them part number or description and get a price for your u-joint from them - may be a lot cheaper than Sam's Bolens.

Welcome

#22 sodisr OFFLINE  

sodisr
  • Member No: 9153
  • 651 Thanks
  • 762 posts

Posted August 02, 2014 - 11:58 AM

Hi red - this post caught my interest because i've been trying to find out if the end play adjustment is also for hydrostatic transmissions but no one seems to know the answer for sure (so if anyone is reading this post and can unequivocally answer - please do)

But as an aside - i visited Ray's Mower in Boyertown, PA a few weeks back and they have a TON of Bolens parts - some on the shelf that have been stripped off and then 5 acres of "mower graveyard".  I would suggest you call them and give them part number or description and get a price for your u-joint from them - may be a lot cheaper than Sam's Bolens.

Welcome

WJ,,, The way I  understand,,  If you read the bullitin  I think towards the end it says there is no adjustment for the Hydro units..

Correct me if anyone comes up with a positive answer thou..  I have a 1556 hydro...

#23 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,686 Thanks
  • 17,204 posts

Posted August 04, 2014 - 08:38 AM

Well, I went through all the hydrostatic tractor manuals and no where does it say rear end play will develop...... All the Gear driven models do point out that end play will develop.

In my opinion I would say that the Hydrostatic models do NOT need any adjustment.

• sodisr said thank you