grnspot110

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 829
  • 3,292 Thanks
  • 2,395 posts

Posted July 22, 2014 - 05:19 PM

Anybody here planning to attend?

I haven't been there before, but going to try to make it Saturday with three tractors.  Feature this year is "Homemade Tractors & Lawn & Garden Equipment".  Location; Macon County Fairgrounds (Hwy 63 S.), Macon, MO.   

http://maconflywheel.com/

Lowell

• Gtractor said thank you

#2 Gtractor ONLINE  

Gtractor

The Tractor Hoarder

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 782
  • 6,602 Thanks
  • 3,906 posts

Posted July 22, 2014 - 09:00 PM

I figure on going.  Only missed one year in the last 20 or so and that was because it was a rainout that year. 

They have a large feature tent to put your tractors in.  The feature tent is near the east end of the grandstand.  Computorized registration is quick and easy - right there in the feature tent.  It is always a really good show! 

As you are headed south on 63 through Macon turn east on HWY "PP" right at the north edge of the fairgrounds.  Take the first drive [gate] into the grounds on your right off PP.  That is the exhibitors entrance and keeps you away from the main [spectator] gate off 63.

See you there!

• grnspot110 and sacsr have said thanks

#3 Gtractor ONLINE  

Gtractor

The Tractor Hoarder

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 782
  • 6,602 Thanks
  • 3,906 posts

Posted July 24, 2014 - 10:46 PM

Anybody here planning to attend?

Took one load over tonight.  Was getting late because I had to work until 1PM then picked up oats for threshing at this Septembers local show from 1 to 4:30.   Rolled into Macon about 7PM and the guy in charge of the tractors was at the exhibitor gate and says.....

"I was hoping you'd come!!"  :worshippy1:   He couldn't remember my name but knows me when he sees me and knows my tractors.  He's the one that presented me with the  "feature tractor exhibit" award back a few years.   Its a very nice feeling to be appreciated!  The Boonville show officials should be taking notes!  Macon Flywheel really knows how to treat exhibitors.  :thumbs:

The feature tent is already full and they are parking garden tractors outside of the tent.  I figured on not taking a shade canopy and just sitting in the big tent but I can see there being no room to even sit in there.  Guess I'll take one of my Quick-Up's.

Going to be seasonably warm so I don't figure on moving much once I get my second load parked. 

Come early and stay late so as to avoid loading/unloading in the heat. 

• sacsr said thank you

#4 grnspot110 ONLINE  

grnspot110

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 829
  • 3,292 Thanks
  • 2,395 posts

Posted July 25, 2014 - 06:04 AM

I'll be loading up today, quick-up shade is already in.  Hope to be there around 8 in the morning with the 314, 70 I & L/60.  I probably won't stay past 4-5 pm.  ~~  Lowell