• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 FrozenInTime OFFLINE  

FrozenInTime
  • Member No: 46384
  • 566 Thanks
  • 352 posts

Posted July 21, 2014 - 07:47 PM

Well, we had pulled up the last radishes, carrots and the lettuce so I tilled under the spot and replanted today, should get something up again before ground freezes, I hope.  Got cleaned up, went to town and bought a new trailer.  Sat down to dinner and here come the storm.  Been storming, looks like it will be for a few hours.  This rain is welcome as the new seeds need a good watering, well, the whole garden and yard needs this rain.  I've been watering the garden some but water is hard to get to it.  The yard is starting to turn brown and in dire need of water, here it comes... yippee!

• tinbender7, New.Canadian.DB.Owner, Rock farmer and 2 others have said thanks

#2 Rock farmer OFFLINE  

Rock farmer
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 10759
  • 1,119 Thanks
  • 1,177 posts

Posted July 21, 2014 - 08:59 PM

Always good to hear rain on the way!
I've been getting lucky this year, seems to rain once a week!

Joe
  • tinbender7 and Gabriel have said thanks

#3 FrozenInTime OFFLINE  

FrozenInTime
  • 566 Thanks
  • 352 posts

Posted July 21, 2014 - 09:34 PM

Worst part of the storm has passed.  Man, was it wicked!  Pea sized hail pretty hard for a while, then it got quiet outside... had me worried when that happened... no wind, no rain so I looked outside... bout pee'd my shorts.... there were clouds in front of the house going in circles... we hit the shelter pretty quick.  Took the puter with me so I could watch the radar and could even see the tornado signature vortex over our house.  Dayum, we thought for sure we were in for it.  After bout 5 minutes it got noisey/windy and could hear the rain again.... wheew.... we sat there for bout 30 minutes to play it safe.  I don't think it hit the ground, don't see any crop damage to the field but won't see it well til daylight.  I sure hope the garden pulled thew it allright.  We had wind gusts up to 80 knots they r saying so I have a feeling I will be working on some trees on the morrow.  This was some scary stuff, we kinda miss the ol sirens going off in town to tell ya something is amiss.  Out here... as some of y'all know, your on your own.

Edited by FrozenInTime, July 21, 2014 - 09:35 PM.

• KennyP, JDBrian, Cvans and 2 others have said thanks

#4 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted July 22, 2014 - 06:27 AM

Pretty scary stuff. It's good to hear you got through it safely with minimal damage.

• Gabriel said thank you

#5 FrozenInTime OFFLINE  

FrozenInTime
  • 566 Thanks
  • 352 posts

Posted July 22, 2014 - 07:42 AM

Looks like I will be giving the chain saw a work-out this morn, not too bad though.  Had a couple iffy trees, had.... need firewood for next year anywayz.  Never ends... LOL atleast the house/outbuildings are ok.

• KennyP and Gabriel have said thanks

#6 Bill 76 OFFLINE  

Bill 76
  • Member No: 49625
  • 1,640 Thanks
  • 1,054 posts

Posted July 22, 2014 - 02:12 PM

Glad to hear your ok and no damage to buildings----------Now I know whats heading my way,same storm coming here later today.

• Gabriel said thank you

#7 HDWildBill ONLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,701 Thanks
  • 8,557 posts

Posted July 22, 2014 - 02:42 PM

Glad to hear you and your family are OK and no real damage.  I bet that was a scary moment looking out side to see the clouds swirling. 

• Gabriel said thank you

#8 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,418 Thanks
  • 39,668 posts

Posted July 22, 2014 - 07:21 PM

Glad the family and buildings are okay!

• Gabriel said thank you

#9 FrozenInTime OFFLINE  

FrozenInTime
  • 566 Thanks
  • 352 posts

Posted July 23, 2014 - 10:04 PM

Thanks everyone for the good wishes.  I found out late last night the town I live 6 miles north of (Larimore, ND) got hammered pretty bad.  No twisters, but the wind was pretty bad, trees down everywhere, streets blocked by trees, some fell on vehicles, a few on houses.  That was a very windy storm.  Hope it calmed down before it hit any of y'all.  There were reported twisters on the ground across the state line into MN but from what I see/hear, nothing got tore up, it was out in da country.

Between the trees on my place, and the trees (5 oak) that we cut up today, I wore out 2 chains and I think I destroyed my bar, gonna have to replace them all.  Kept hitting nails in the darn things, go figure.

Watching the news right now, they are showing all the damage in the surrounding communities from this storm.  There sure is a lot of damage.  I think they said the straight line winds hit 120mph.  WICKED!!

Sure hope everyone made it though this storm if it hit ya and/or you had no/very little damage.

Edited by FrozenInTime, July 23, 2014 - 10:08 PM.

• oldedeeres and Bill 76 have said thanks