#1 johndeereelfman OFFLINE  

johndeereelfman

Elfin Majic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 3761
  • 5,480 Thanks
  • 2,535 posts

Posted July 21, 2014 - 04:36 PM

I was just contacted by a lady who is trying to get a tractor show together here in Lititz, PA for the Bombergers Store John Deere Day event. The event will be August 16th, from 10:00 am - 1:00 pm, and the show is open to all brands of garden tractors and farm tractors. I told her that due to my current work schedule, I can't help to run the show, but know a couple of guys that may be interested in displaying some tractors.  :smilewink:

I know it's short notice, and I realize that a couple of you guys are too far away for the 3 hour show, but for some of you local boys, here would be another opportunity for you to show off your pride and joy. There is no need to preregister. All you need to do is show up. There is plenty of parking for trucks and trailers, and a food vendor will be available. Here is the address for GPS directions:

Bomberger's Store

555 Furnace Hills Pike

Lititz, PA 17543

The store is easily located off Route 501, just north of Lititz. This lady made it sound like this could be an annual event, so hopefully next year we can have more notice. If in deed this does become an annual event, I'd like to try and talk them into running the show for more than just 3 hours. Dad and I used to run a tractor show for them many years ago, and it turned out to be a really nice show. Each year we had close to 100 tractors or more, but the show was eliminated after the sixth year, as the tractors took up too much of the parking lot and the customers couldn't find a place to park. 

If you can help them out with this show, Great!  :thumbs:  If not, hopefully we'll see you next year if all goes well.

• KennyP and Littledeere have said thanks

#2 Littledeere ONLINE  

Littledeere

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2778
  • 1,545 Thanks
  • 1,443 posts

Posted July 21, 2014 - 05:51 PM

You know what else is this day Troy :D

• johndeereelfman said thank you

#3 Canawler OFFLINE  

Canawler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1273
  • 1,893 Thanks
  • 1,750 posts

Posted July 21, 2014 - 08:09 PM

You know what else is this day Troy :D

Yeah, talk about bad timing...

#4 KennyP OFFLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,514 Thanks
  • 39,734 posts

Posted July 21, 2014 - 08:21 PM

???????????????????

#5 johndeereelfman OFFLINE  

johndeereelfman

Elfin Majic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 3761
  • 5,480 Thanks
  • 2,535 posts

Posted July 22, 2014 - 05:49 AM

???????????????????

This show is the same day as the big 3 day Dover Tractor Show in York, PA Kenny. It's also a reunion for some of us GTtalk members that attend. 

Now I just have to make up my mind on which show I want to attend. Do I want to load the trailer with tractors and drive a half hour to the three day Dover Show, or do I want to forget about the trailer and just drive the tractors about a 1/2 mile up the road to the three hour show?  :poke:  :D

Edited by johndeereelfman, July 22, 2014 - 05:49 AM.

• MH81 and IamSherwood have said thanks

#6 mike912e OFFLINE  

mike912e
  • Member No: 14152
  • 426 Thanks
  • 241 posts

Posted August 02, 2014 - 05:36 PM

Troy,

Did anyone suggest to her to reschedule a week later ? I would have loved to go and possibly recruit for the Root's show next year . Today, after I got home from our meeting, I sent an email to Rude Dog Tractor Pullers and am waiting for a response . It was good seeing you and Caleb today . Hope to see you on the 23rd .

Mike